Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: California legislature moves to destroy the rental market

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It can get damn close to it and California is headed there.

    According to Poli, California needs*MORE PEOPLE to solve the Problem.

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Well, they mostly move to NV, AZ, TX, CO, and FL. Washington mostly appeals to people from Northern California (like my mom. My wife kinda hates it here).
    I have a friend in Seattle that says they hate all the Californians that are moving there.

  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    68,083
    Thanks
    18,228
    Thanked 18,598 Times in 13,980 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,076 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have a friend in Seattle that says they hate all the Californians that are moving there.
    That has been a thing since the late 70s. We all identify as "West Coast," while WA and OR simultaneously hate CA. When my mom moved up here in 1980, people would start to get agitated when she said she was from California. Then, when they realized she was from Crescent City, they stopped hating her.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

    Jack (01-28-2022)

  5. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    2,453
    Thanks
    1,208
    Thanked 599 Times in 497 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 35 Times in 32 Posts

  6. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,082
    Thanks
    1,978
    Thanked 9,148 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 407 Times in 388 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Arson anyone?
    Are the Chinese already in charge?
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  7. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,082
    Thanks
    1,978
    Thanked 9,148 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 407 Times in 388 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have a friend in Seattle that says they hate all the Californians that are moving there.
    As if Seattle is fine......
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  8. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    55,155
    Thanks
    4,094
    Thanked 8,076 Times in 6,372 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 367 Times in 345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

    If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    holy fucking fuck.
    internet of bodies

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

    internationalist fascism: the belief that the interests of multinational corporations should be the sole focus of all national trade policies.

    Yaldabaoth (ignorance via the ego) is created when reason follows the outward senses.

  9. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    107,358
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

    If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    Don't Nasty Nancy Pelosi and her pet man Paul own a large corporation that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords?

    Financial Leasing Services, Inc?

  10. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,186
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,190 Times in 7,189 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 309 Times in 287 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Don't Nasty Nancy Pelosi and her pet man Paul own a large corporation that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords?

    Financial Leasing Services, Inc?
    Probably. After she retires from fucking the public at large she can become a feudal lady and fuck over her serfs in the section 8 housing she rules.

  11. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    107,358
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Probably. After she retires from fucking the public at large she can become a feudal lady and fuck over her serfs in the section 8 housing she rules.
    Financial Leasing Services, Inc. has been the Pelosi's cash cow since 1973.



    They specialize in picking off smaller property owners devastated by restrictive legislation.

    https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.financial_leasing_services_inc.ef08dda116 27e947fb111f0cd87de5f5.html

    https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Pelosi-s-husband-prefers-a-low-profile-2660253.php

  12. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    80,031
    Thanks
    27,602
    Thanked 38,877 Times in 30,268 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,292 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

    If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    "Laboratories of Democracy". While I still support State's Rights, it's both interesting and troubling to see how many Trumpers are now like Democrats and against State's Rights. Sad.

    Fuck California and anyone who chooses to live there. There's a reason why I was happy to leave that fucking state in 1985 and have zero desire to move back.
    "know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

  13. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115,469
    Thanks
    9,896
    Thanked 33,620 Times in 26,637 Posts
    Groans
    3,170
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,302 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure a majority of people will realize this is not good, even if they ARE from California......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  14. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    107,358
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch Uncle View Post
    Trump
    .

  15. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    80,031
    Thanks
    27,602
    Thanked 38,877 Times in 30,268 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,292 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Arson anyone?
    Not that you'd do it, McRicket. You strike me as a chickenshit living in his basement.

    Have you ever committed a crime? Done anything dangerous? Risked your life for someone else or simply to have fun?
    "know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

  16. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115,469
    Thanks
    9,896
    Thanked 33,620 Times in 26,637 Posts
    Groans
    3,170
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,302 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    "Laboratories of Democracy". While I still support State's Rights, it's both interesting and troubling to see how many Trumpers are now like Democrats and against State's Rights.
    no one said California didn't have the right to be stupid.......they just said they were stupid.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2021, 07:37 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2020, 08:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 07:11 AM
  4. California Legislature approves ‘sanctuary state’ bill
    By floridafan in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 08:24 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •