Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136

Thread: California legislature moves to destroy the rental market

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default California legislature moves to destroy the rental market

    The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

    If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

    AssHatZombie (01-28-2022), ExpressLane (01-27-2022), McRocket (01-28-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    37,886
    Thanks
    1,965
    Thanked 9,108 Times in 7,448 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 407 Times in 388 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Filed Under: California commits suicide.
    I retain the right to say whatever I want to say when ever I want to say it. If this is a problem for you then shove it. Perhaps you are in need of an infirmary.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    anatta (01-28-2022), anonymoose (01-27-2022)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

    If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    This would fuck 'Mom & Pop' landlords.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This would fuck 'Mom & Pop' landlords.
    They don't matter in a world where Socialism and Statist Capitalism rules. The only companies that matter are BIG ones with owners or management pulling down the BIG bucks who are buddies with the Central Party and top politicians... That's how it's always been with the Left.

    This is one of those things the Left does when their other fucked up policies, laws, and regulations prove ineffective at improving the economy. They make rules FORCING those under them to abide by ones that destroy their lives, like it or not. "It's all for the good of the_____________ . Fill in the blank with some favored group.

    Venezuela did the same thing to bakeries there. They forced them to make and sell bread at a loss. When the bakers refused or went out of business, the state took over the bakeries and put political cronies that didn't know how to cook bread in charge and sold shitty bread at a loss to customers that didn't want the shitty bread...

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    They don't matter in a world where Socialism and Statist Capitalism rules. The only companies that matter are BIG ones with owners or management pulling down the BIG bucks who are buddies with the Central Party and top politicians... That's how it's always been with the Left.

    This is one of those things the Left does when their other fucked up policies, laws, and regulations prove ineffective at improving the economy. They make rules FORCING those under them to abide by ones that destroy their lives, like it or not. "It's all for the good of the_____________ . Fill in the blank with some favored group.

    Venezuela did the same thing to bakeries there. They forced them to make and sell bread at a loss. When the bakers refused or went out of business, the state took over the bakeries and put political cronies that didn't know how to cook bread in charge and sold shitty bread at a loss to customers that didn't want the shitty bread...
    Makes you wonder why California is so crowded?

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Makes you wonder why California is so crowded?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

    Into the Night (01-28-2022)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    68,063
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 18,590 Times in 13,972 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,076 Posts

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

    Into the Night (01-28-2022), Jack (01-28-2022), Primavera (01-28-2022)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Illegals.

    Actually, CA is great for the overclass and the underclass. It's everyone in the middle who is getting squeezed/crushed.
    They used to call this nobility and serfs...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

    Into the Night (01-28-2022)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    68,063
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 18,590 Times in 13,972 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,076 Posts

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Exactly. One has to wonder if it will get to a point where even the nobility gets anxious about having the peasants strolling through their haciendas, because, all of the precious safeguards have failed.
    What will happen is what always happens. There will be a smallish Middle Class of business owners and tradesmen that service the nobility and largely operate on a hereditary basis. The serfs will be kept in their place by a large police force or military force that is beholden to the nobility and leaves the middle class alone for the most part. What the serfs do in their slums, ghettos, barrios, or whatever term you want to use, nobody particularly gives a shit about. It creeps out of there, and it gets put down in an instant.
    The serfs will live mostly on what amounts to a Socialist Welfare state while the middle class and nobility don't.

    Thus, a Third World shithole is formed and so long as everyone knows their place, life goes on. The nobility needs and wants the middle class to make their lives comfortable and trouble free. The middle class makes their living supplying that to the nobility. The serfs do all the nothing shit jobs with little more than a sop here and there to make it appear that the nobility and middle class give a fuck about them.



    Watch that series some time. It's about where California is headed.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    68,063
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 18,590 Times in 13,972 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,076 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    What will happen is what always happens. There will be a smallish Middle Class of business owners and tradesmen that service the nobility and largely operate on a hereditary basis. The serfs will be kept in their place by a large police force or military force that is beholden to the nobility and leaves the middle class alone for the most part. What the serfs do in their slums, ghettos, barrios, or whatever term you want to use, nobody particularly gives a shit about. It creeps out of there, and it gets put down in an instant.
    The serfs will live mostly on what amounts to a Socialist Welfare state while the middle class and nobility don't.

    Thus, a Third World shithole is formed and so long as everyone knows their place, life goes on. The nobility needs and wants the middle class to make their lives comfortable and trouble free. The middle class makes their living supplying that to the nobility. The serfs do all the nothing shit jobs with little more than a sop here and there to make it appear that the nobility and middle class give a fuck about them.



    Watch that series some time. It's about where California is headed.
    It can't really get to that, because, California isn't an independent country. There would be external forces filing lawsuits in federal court over the numerous violations going on in that scenario. The cities can still become full-fledged warzones, and the quality of life can become precarious.

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    21,108
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10,149 Times in 7,163 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 307 Times in 285 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    It can't really get to that, because, California isn't an independent country. There would be external forces filing lawsuits in federal court over the numerous violations going on in that scenario. The cities can still become full-fledged warzones, and the quality of life can become precarious.
    It can get damn close to it and California is headed there.

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So ... why are you there?

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47,509
    Thanks
    17,005
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    452
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Illegals.

    Actually, CA is great for the overclass and the underclass. It's everyone in the middle who is getting squeezed/crushed.
    They should leave. Maybe go to Washington State?

  20. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    68,063
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 18,590 Times in 13,972 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,076 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They should leave. Maybe go to Washington State?
    Well, they mostly move to NV, AZ, TX, CO, and FL. Washington mostly appeals to people from Northern California (like my mom. My wife kinda hates it here). I wouldn't be surprised if they start referring to Henderson, NV as Little California.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

    Jack (01-28-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2021, 07:37 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2020, 08:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 07:11 AM
  4. California Legislature approves ‘sanctuary state’ bill
    By floridafan in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 08:24 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •