Thread: California legislature moves to destroy the rental market

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It can get damn close to it and California is headed there.

According to Poli, California needs*MORE PEOPLE to solve the Problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Well, they mostly move to NV, AZ, TX, CO, and FL. Washington mostly appeals to people from Northern California (like my mom. My wife kinda hates it here).
    I have a friend in Seattle that says they hate all the Californians that are moving there.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have a friend in Seattle that says they hate all the Californians that are moving there.
    That has been a thing since the late 70s. We all identify as "West Coast," while WA and OR simultaneously hate CA. When my mom moved up here in 1980, people would start to get agitated when she said she was from California. Then, when they realized she was from Crescent City, they stopped hating her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (01-28-2022)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Arson anyone?
    Are the Chinese already in charge?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    As if Seattle is fine......
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...edgdhp&pc=U531

If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    holy fucking fuck.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

The California state legislature is poised to pass AB 854. This bill would impose a five-year minimum requirement on any landlord to remain in business and renting to tenants no matter how much money they might lose doing so. Owners of rental properties would have to have been in business for at least five years at the property in question before they could begin to evict tenants.

If there was a reason to bail on rental properties, this is it. What California is going to see is a massive shortage of rental properties and those that remain being ones owned by large corporations that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords. It means renters are going to get screwed while the landlords can trample the state in court having better lawyers and the money to fight the state.
    Don't Nasty Nancy Pelosi and her pet man Paul own a large corporation that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords?

Financial Leasing Services, Inc?

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,243 Times in 13,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Don't Nasty Nancy Pelosi and her pet man Paul own a large corporation that can navigate the byzantine labyrinth of regulations and laws California is imposing on landlords?

Financial Leasing Services, Inc?
    Probably. After she retires from fucking the public at large she can become a feudal lady and fuck over her serfs in the section 8 housing she rules.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Probably. After she retires from fucking the public at large she can become a feudal lady and fuck over her serfs in the section 8 housing she rules.
    Financial Leasing Services, Inc. has been the Pelosi's cash cow since 1973.

They specialize in picking off smaller property owners devastated by restrictive legislation.

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.financial_leasing_services_inc.ef08dda116 27e947fb111f0cd87de5f5.html

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Pelosi-s-husband-prefers-a-low-profile-2660253.php

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,338 Times in 52,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Laboratories of Democracy". While I still support State's Rights, it's both interesting and troubling to see how many Trumpers are now like Democrats and against State's Rights. Sad.

Fuck California and anyone who chooses to live there. There's a reason why I was happy to leave that fucking state in 1985 and have zero desire to move back.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm sure a majority of people will realize this is not good, even if they ARE from California......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Uncle View Post
    Trump

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,338 Times in 52,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Arson anyone?
    Not that you'd do it, McRicket. You strike me as a chickenshit living in his basement.

Have you ever committed a crime? Done anything dangerous? Risked your life for someone else or simply to have fun?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    "Laboratories of Democracy". While I still support State's Rights, it's both interesting and troubling to see how many Trumpers are now like Democrats and against State's Rights.
    no one said California didn't have the right to be stupid.......they just said they were stupid.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”