Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Biden's first year, economic growth reached a 37-year high

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Default In Biden's first year, economic growth reached a 37-year high

For all the Biden and America haters, read the following and suck it all up. President Biden in one year based on stellar accomplishments makes tRump out to be chopped liver:

As a presidential candidate in 2016, Donald Trump made bold predictions about the kind of economic growth the United States would see if he were elected. Americans would celebrate, the Republican said, as annual GDP growth reached 4 percent for the first time in decades.

It was among the most jarring of Trump's broken promises. Even before the pandemic, GDP growth in Trump's first three years failed to reach 3 percent.

But as it turns out, the U.S. economy was able to reach growth rates unseen in a generation, but it happened under President Joe Biden. The Associated Press reported this morning:

The nation's gross domestic product — its total output of goods and services — expanded 5.7% in 2021. It was the strongest calendar-year growth since a 7.2% surge in 1984 after a previous recession. The economy ended the year by growing at an unexpectedly brisk 6.9% annual pace from October through December, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Not only is this the strongest annual growth in 37 years, it's also the second strongest since 1966.

By any fair measure, this is excellent news that exceeded expectations. In fact, a year ago, none of the major forecasters were projecting growth this strong in the United States. Domestic growth even outpaced China's economic growth in 2021 for the first time in decades."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...wCCfPAXrdRk5dY

Fox News can no longer deny it: Joe Biden is the most successful president since St. Reagan himself

Sean Hannity and the other Fox News hosts can no longer deny it: Joe Biden is the greatest president in recent American history. Under Biden's leadership, the U.S. economy grew by a massive 5.7% in the last 12 months, and by 6.9% in the last quarter, marking the strongest surge of economic activity since the days of St. Ronald Wilson Reagan Himself. Even in the midst of a devastating pandemic, the Biden recovery is now approaching the economic output that would have happened had the pandemic not happened at all.

But Biden accomplished this feat despite being saddled with both a pandemic and a Donald Trump economy that had crashed, cratered, nosedived, gone corpse-like, and joined the choir eternal. Under Donald Trump, the economy crashed; under Biden, the economy is soaring. Obviously, that makes Biden one of the greatest presidents to ever inhabit the office, and Fox News can no longer deny it. This sort of thing is their wheelhouse: Numbers That Prove Things are the fortified coffee that gets their hosts up in the morning. We eagerly await the analysis from Hannity himself as he contemplates how his treason-loving crooked leader failed so utterly that the U.S. economy was brought to its knees, but the completely boring, "barely" campaigning Democratic new guy was able to fix it all in just his first year of office."
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...F1REnznN26iQdU

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

inflation is not growth.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    inflation is not growth.....
    Stop being a dimwit and try and understand economic facts when it comes to inflation versus economic growth: An increase in the rate of economic growth means more goods for money to “chase,” which puts downward pressure on the inflation rate. ... If, however, economic growth rises to 4 percent, inflation falls to 2 percent. (Actually, it falls to 1.9 percent.) That higher economic growth must reduce inflation is straightforward. Additionally, inflation and deflation can also result when the amount of money in the system changes. ... Therefore, inflation is caused by a combination of four factors: the supply of money goes up, the supply of other goods goes down, demand for money goes down and demand for other goods goes up. The trend of inflation and deflation does not originate from a president but based on market trends, trade and the availability of goods and services, etc.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Stop being a dimwit and try and understand economic facts when it comes to inflation versus economic growth: An increase in the rate of economic growth means more goods for money to “chase,” which puts downward pressure on the inflation rate. ... If, however, economic growth rises to 4 percent, inflation falls to 2 percent. (Actually, it falls to 1.9 percent.) That higher economic growth must reduce inflation is straightforward. Additionally, inflation and deflation can also result when the amount of money in the system changes. ... Therefore, inflation is caused by a combination of four factors: the supply of money goes up, the supply of other goods goes down, demand for money goes down and demand for other goods goes up. The trend of inflation and deflation does not originate from a president but based on market trends, trade and the availability of goods and services, etc.
    if inflation rises to 7% then 5.7% growth is a net loss......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

In Biden's first year, economic growth reached a 37-year high
    According to Biden's government departments and Biden's media fans?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if inflation rises to 7% then 5.7% growth is a net loss......
    I'm pretty sure that DEMOCRAT-driven lockdowns crashed the economy in 2020.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

For all the Biden and America haters, read the following and suck it all up. President Biden in one year based on stellar accomplishments makes tRump out to be chopped liver:

As a presidential candidate in 2016, Donald Trump made bold predictions about the kind of economic growth the United States would see if he were elected. Americans would celebrate, the Republican said, as annual GDP growth reached 4 percent for the first time in decades.

It was among the most jarring of Trump's broken promises. Even before the pandemic, GDP growth in Trump's first three years failed to reach 3 percent.

But as it turns out, the U.S. economy was able to reach growth rates unseen in a generation, but it happened under President Joe Biden. The Associated Press reported this morning:

The nation's gross domestic product — its total output of goods and services — expanded 5.7% in 2021. It was the strongest calendar-year growth since a 7.2% surge in 1984 after a previous recession. The economy ended the year by growing at an unexpectedly brisk 6.9% annual pace from October through December, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.

Not only is this the strongest annual growth in 37 years, it's also the second strongest since 1966.

By any fair measure, this is excellent news that exceeded expectations. In fact, a year ago, none of the major forecasters were projecting growth this strong in the United States. Domestic growth even outpaced China's economic growth in 2021 for the first time in decades."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...wCCfPAXrdRk5dY

Fox News can no longer deny it: Joe Biden is the most successful president since St. Reagan himself

Sean Hannity and the other Fox News hosts can no longer deny it: Joe Biden is the greatest president in recent American history. Under Biden's leadership, the U.S. economy grew by a massive 5.7% in the last 12 months, and by 6.9% in the last quarter, marking the strongest surge of economic activity since the days of St. Ronald Wilson Reagan Himself. Even in the midst of a devastating pandemic, the Biden recovery is now approaching the economic output that would have happened had the pandemic not happened at all.

But Biden accomplished this feat despite being saddled with both a pandemic and a Donald Trump economy that had crashed, cratered, nosedived, gone corpse-like, and joined the choir eternal. Under Donald Trump, the economy crashed; under Biden, the economy is soaring. Obviously, that makes Biden one of the greatest presidents to ever inhabit the office, and Fox News can no longer deny it. This sort of thing is their wheelhouse: Numbers That Prove Things are the fortified coffee that gets their hosts up in the morning. We eagerly await the analysis from Hannity himself as he contemplates how his treason-loving crooked leader failed so utterly that the U.S. economy was brought to its knees, but the completely boring, "barely" campaigning Democratic new guy was able to fix it all in just his first year of office."
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...F1REnznN26iQdU
    First - I despise BOTH Trump and Biden as POTUS.

True or false, please?

The 'Covid Depression' was caused primarily by the lockdowns.
    That means that when the lockdowns were lifted...the economy would automatically rebound back to near pre-lockdown levels?

True or false, please?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

There are problems that are being addressed, but there is also a huge amount of success. trump never addressed his problems.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There are problems that are being addressed, but there is also a huge amount of success. trump never addressed his problems.
    There are a huge amount of problems that aren't being addressed is more like it. Biden isn't addressing any of them.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    There are a huge amount of problems that aren't being addressed is more like it. Biden isn't addressing any of them.
    Well, that is not true. Biden may not be addressing the problems the way you want, but he is working hard to address them. trump failed to deal with reality.

trump liked to lay in bed watching TV all day. America spent four years on auto-pilot.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Filed Under: Some people are so dim that they will believe anything.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    According to Biden's government departments and Biden's media fans?
    Fox News is not of Biden's government department that admitted that President Biden is the best POTUS since Reagan, and this is over 30 years ago. Deal with the reality of it all and try and stop being sucker.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    First - I despise BOTH Trump and Biden as POTUS.

True or false, please?

That means that when the lockdowns were lifted...the economy would automatically rebound back to near pre-lockdown levels?

True or false, please?
    Flunk tRump but when it comes to President Biden, here are the results when it comes to his administration's reaction and efforts to deal with the covid atrocity that tRump left behind:

US has shared 400M COVID-19 vaccine doses globally

The United States has shared 400 million coronavirus vaccine doses with the global population, more than any other nation, the Biden administration announced Wednesday.

White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients announced the milestone during a public health briefing on Wednesday, saying that 400 million vaccine doses have been sent to 112 countries “for free, with no strings attached.”

“Today, we will hit a major milestone in our global effort,” Zients said. He noted that the U.S. has shared four times more free doses with the world than any other country. "
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...doses-globally

By the Grace of God, it appears President Biden is benefiting humanity and its health with the intent to defeat this covid pandemic.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Flunk tRump but when it comes to President Biden, here are the results when it comes to his administration's reaction and efforts to deal with the covid atrocity that tRump left behind:

US has shared 400M COVID-19 vaccine doses globally

The United States has shared 400 million coronavirus vaccine doses with the global population, more than any other nation, the Biden administration announced Wednesday.

White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients announced the milestone during a public health briefing on Wednesday, saying that 400 million vaccine doses have been sent to 112 countries “for free, with no strings attached.”

“Today, we will hit a major milestone in our global effort,” Zients said. He noted that the U.S. has shared four times more free doses with the world than any other country. "
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...doses-globally

By the Grace of God, it appears President Biden is benefiting humanity and its health with the intent to defeat this covid pandemic.
    Nope...skipped that.

I will read nothing you blather on about on this subject unless you answer the question with your first word.

True or false, please?

True or false, please?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'm pretty sure that DEMOCRAT-driven lockdowns crashed the economy in 2020.
    everyone knows it......demmycrats won't admit it in public.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022)