Thread: So much for the Trump economy:

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Idiot. He started a trade war with all of our (now) ex trading partners.
    Hell yeah he did! And it was about time. The fucking chinese have been giving us wedgies and taking our lunch money for years. And thank you, you helped me find the ONLY thing pResident walking dead has done that I even remotely approve of:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/polit...icy/index.html
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-28-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    ”U.S. economy grew 5.7 percent in 2021 in rebound from 2020 recession”

“The U.S. economy grew last year at the fastest pace since Ronald Reagan’s presidency, bouncing back with resilience from 2020′s brief but devastating recession. GDP had shrunk 3.4 percent in 2020, the steepest full-year drop since an 11.6 percent plunge in 1946“

“The nation’s gross domestic product — its total output of goods and services — expanded 5.7 percent in 2021. It was the strongest calendar-year growth since a 7.2 percent surge in 1984 after a previous recession. The economy ended the year by growing at an unexpectedly brisk 6.9 percent annual pace from October through December, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ssion-00002678

News you won’t see on Tucker and Sean

And because I know the “but, but, but inflation” is going arise let me borrow from the news to explain demand pull inflation so even the wingers can understand it:

“The resurgence in demand was so robust, in fact, that it caught businesses off guard. Many struggled to acquire enough supplies and workers to meet a swift increase in customer orders. Shortages became especially acute for goods ordered for homes, from appliances to sporting goods to electronic equipment. And with computer chips in especially short supply, auto dealers were left desperately short of vehicles.

“Factories, ports and freight yards were overwhelmed and supply chains became ensnarled. Inflation began to accelerate.”

Least Biden won’t be lying like Donnie when he points out he did inherited a lousy economy
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-27-2022 at 10:05 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022), Into the Night (01-28-2022), PostmodernProphet (01-28-2022)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    actually its a net loss.......inflation was 7% but growth was only 5.7%.....
    Growth is calculated after inflation, so you really do not have a point.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Idiot. He started a trade war with all of our (now) ex trading partners.
    wasn't that when our economy grew......the China retaliated with a virus, the demmycrats shut down half the businesses in the country,,,,,,,
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022), Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

2021 inflation highest in 40 years, December prices rise 7 ...https://www.washingtonpost.com › business › 2022/01/12
    Jan 12, 2022 — December prices rise 7 percent compared with a year ago, as 2021 inflation reaches highest in 40 years. Officials within the Fed and Biden ...

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Why does that matter?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
    sure, you don't understand why putting half the country out of work and having the government pay them to stay home would have an impact on the economy........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022), Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Why do you keep skipping the obvious, Covid caused it, did you think life was going to go on as normal when a killer virus with no vaccines or natural immunity was rapidly spreading thru social contact?

You had a number of Red States who didn’t lockdown, yet they suffered the same economic fate, how does that fit into your framing
    actually, by proving that extreme lockdown was ineffective.......and if anyone is overlooking the obvious, its those who don't recognize shutting down 50% of the economy is going to impact the economy regardless of WHY you shut down the economy.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (01-28-2022)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

sure, you don't understand why putting half the country out of work and having the government pay them to stay home would have an impact on the economy........
    Some peoples' chillun.

The pain from that is not over yet.

Especially now with the gas prices creeping towards Bush end-of-term levels, AKA highest ever.

RANT: They jacked the price of motor oil back when it was $110/bbl and never lowered the prices back after that.

That's BS! Grrr! It used to follow the price of oil, now it's just what they arbitrarily set, I guess.

Maybe because a lot more people don't change their own oil anymore?

14 years them motherfuckers have been overcharging for motor oil.

/end RANT.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-28-2022 at 06:57 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Callinectes (01-28-2022)

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I look forward to your proof of this.....

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,173 Times in 10,668 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Callinectes (01-28-2022)

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,998 Times in 14,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Hell yeah he did! And it was about time. The fucking chinese have been giving us wedgies and taking our lunch money for years. And thank you, you helped me find the ONLY thing pResident walking dead has done that I even remotely approve of:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/polit...icy/index.html
    Then you approve of inflation and supply chain issues.

trump never understood tariffs. He killed countless soybean farmers, and created the problems we have today. You are correct...this is trump's fault.

But...I don't fault you for agreeing with the concept of weaning ourselves off of Chinese crap. What you don't understand is that doing so causes short term pain early on.

That's where we are now. Stop blaming Biden. In fact, Republicans refused to allow funding to bring jobs back home.

Why is that?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Who did that?

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Who did that?

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

trump never understood tariffs. He killed countless soybean farmers, and created the problems we have today. You are correct...this is trump's fault.

But...I don't fault you for agreeing with the concept of weaning ourselves off of Chinese crap. What you don't understand is that doing so causes short term pain early on.

That's where we are now. Stop blaming Biden. In fact, Republicans refused to allow funding to bring jobs back home.

Why is that?
    Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. That was not the pre-pandemic situation. Supply chain problems are, to the best of my knowledge, a lingering issue from the shutdown with a little vaccine mandate thrown in. I understand there’s a shortage of about 80,000 truck drivers out there and there are cargo laden ships off California still waiting to unload. ‘Tater head promised to fix this, how I do not know and we have seen no discernible progress.

Trump understood the concepts of a trade war perfectly. It’s why he gave the economy it’s head without interference, so it could get robust enough to withstand the turbulence ahead. And if you were listening, Trump warned us about this. Trump’s “fault”? Well, he started the war, but NOBODY here predicted that china’s arsenal included an engineered pandemic. THAT is the cause of this whole mess. Face it, china played dirty.

Stop blaming Biden.
    No problem. That would be hypocritical seeing as in a rare bout of lucidity, he’s keeping the Trump tariffs in place. What I will blame him for is his failure to do anything meaningful to halt the virus(which is supposedly the main reason he was “elected”), or to “fix” the economy, which he said could only be “fixed” by halting the virus.

In fact, Republicans refused to allow funding to bring jobs back home.

Why is that?
    Are you talking about build back broke? TRILLIONS of dollars printed up and injected into the economy. And what goods and services is those trillions supposed to chase? Talk about your inflation! Thankfully manchin and sinema saw that coming. You want to bring jobs home? Here’s an idea, the “Bring Business Back” bill! Drop the sanctimonious climate change BS(that includes pulling out of the stupid Paris climate accords…again), offer businesses no interest long term government loans to build infrastructure. Drop environmental regulations so these companies can mine their own raw materials here, get the government boot off the neck of the energy industry, allow these newly repatriated industries to pay their workers on the same scale the chinese paid their people, and make all this tax free for at least 10 years. Good luck getting that past the squad though. And good luck finding hundreds of thousands of smug, self-righteous college educated factory workers who thought they were going to be running these companies instead of assembling iPhones and Nike sneakers.

Actually, I think your best shot would be to drop the voting rights BS, take your lumps in November, and quietly back away from this whole mess in 2024 by turning it over to the GOP. You guys never had a plan in the first place.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Made up numbers is not growth.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams