Thread: More Immigration Could Reduce Inflation

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I never talked acid. How does that work, and how does it fry your brain?

:X
    Sorry typo, meant to say taking not talking. I used to drop acid in my youth and know how it affected those with psychological problems.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    He says he's too busy now, sad really I miss the bugger. The forum is full of effing retards now.
    Mott is great. Dude is just good people. You can argue with him and then just start b.s.'ing like good buddies. Last time I visited Columbus I tried to hook up with him for a drink but unfortunately our schedules couldn't coordinate. I wanted to be able to give him sh*t in person instead of just over the board. Haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Mott is great. Dude is just good people. You can argue with him and then just start b.s.'ing like good buddies. Last time I visited Columbus I tried to hook up with him for a drink but unfortunately our schedules couldn't coordinate. I wanted to be able to give him sh*t in person instead of just over the board. Haha.
    He keeps saying that he wants to come to Thailand but his missus keeps him on a tight leash.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Polibullshitter is an aging hippy retard, her brains are fried from taking too much acid.
    Possibly. Still has the same Flower in the Hair.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Possibly. Still has the same Flower in the Hair.

And the same bee up her arse!

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the same bee up her arse!

Probably never left the House.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Time to reopen the economy.

Time to reopen the borders.

What we need is more workers to take summa those jobs that by being unfilled are causing inflation.

We know where we can get lots of willing new workers who just want to be good Americans!

" ...welcoming more low-wage foreign workers could address acute labor shortages in certain industries, helping hard-hit areas of the country recover while staving off higher inflation. "

"Low-wage workers, many of whom have been deemed “essential” during the pandemic, are particularly important to ensuring that those places can bounce back. According to an analysis by the Brookings Institute, low-wage workers make up between 30 and 62 percent of the jobs in nearly 400 metropolitan areas nationwide and are the backbone of “Main Street” businesses that support jobs for others and make neighborhoods attractive places to live and work. "

"Increasingly, Americans don’t want to do these jobs. Immigrants have already seized the opportunity to fill that void, especially in the industries seeing the largest increases in job postings amid the pandemic. Given that these industries already lean disproportionately on immigrants, they are well positioned to capitalize on policies increasing the supply of immigrant labor. "

"What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws that sets a much larger target for admissions under all the categories and probably adds a fifth category for climate migrants, which is going to be an increasingly large part of the flow that we see from the Southern Hemisphere in the coming decade ... "

Immigrants could fix the US labor shortage
    The border has not been closed since Slow Joe became the illegitimate president.

So you support illegal immigration.
    Last edited by Earl; 01-29-2022 at 10:27 AM.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Since things don't occur in a vacuum I'm curious where those who support more immigration believe these folks should live and I bring this up vis a vis housing policy. I'll share a famous Bay Area example. During the Trump years and his anti-immigrants sentiment a lady in Berkeley had a 'Immigrants Welcome Here' sign in her front yard. She was then seen at a Berkeley city planning commission meeting fighting against a new multi-family development next to one of Berkeley's BART stations. So the sentiment of course was she was fine with immigrants coming, as long as they didn't live near her.

For the educated immigrants this is less of a problem as they are for more likely to be able to afford housing. But for the now infamous "poorly educated" types of immigrants its a different story. The areas with the most wealth and job opportunities often have the most restrictive housing policies. We can say ship a bunch of immigrants to BFE Kansas but what exactly are they going to do there?

To me, calling for more immigration doesn't jive with having anti-growth policies in place. It's a contradictory position.

(And yes, I believe we need increased immigration)
    I don't see that as a big issue. Many immigrants are able to work in the construction industry. Their presence and participation in the consumer market will drive demand which will create new jobs which will pay them to be able to afford to pay rent and/or mortgage for new housing which they will build.

What's the problem?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-29-2022), Earl (01-31-2022)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

I don't see that as a big issue. Many immigrants are able to work in the construction industry. Their presence and participation in the consumer market will drive demand which will create new jobs which will pay them to be able to afford to pay rent and/or mortgage for new housing which they will build.

What's the problem?
    The problem is not allowing the new building of housing. It doesn't matter how much you pay people if you don't allow supply to keep up with demand. But you knew this already...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-29-2022), Earl (01-31-2022), TOP (01-30-2022)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The longer this goes on unchecked, the further I dig into a position of no mercy. No sympathy, no empathy, no mercy, no compromise. Anyone who came here illegally, overstayed a legal visa, was born here to someone who came here illegally, you can all return to the country you came from, either voluntarily or involuntarily. No compromise even for DACA adults and anchor babies. Even citizen anchor babies. Apply, and get in line.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

The problem is not allowing the new building of housing. It doesn't matter how much you pay people if you don't allow supply to keep up with demand. But you knew this already...
    That is only a problem in the most desirable locations which have all been built out. All we need to do is build elsewhere and create awesome public mass transit.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-31-2022)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

That is only a problem in the most desirable locations which have all been built out. All we need to do is build elsewhere and create awesome public mass transit.
    Desirable areas can increase density, we just don't because well to do home owners fight against it. And we're not China where the federal gov't just declares we're going to build essentially new cities and move a bunch of people there. It doesn't work that way.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Desirable areas can increase density, we just don't because well to do home owners fight against it. And we're not China where the federal gov't just declares we're going to build essentially new cities and move a bunch of people there. It doesn't work that way.
    As the density of desirable areas increases, they become less desirable for those who prefer less density. Those who settle in growing areas are fighting reality if they expect the area to remain the way it was when they moved in. Meanwhile, there is still plenty of land to build on in other areas. That is the logical place for expansion. Efficient affordable quick transportation is the key. Develop that, and all the squabbles over living in one particular area become less pronounced.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Poverty causes over-population. Poor people have larger families than rich people. The solution is to eliminate poverty. When people have all their basic needs met, they have fewer children.

People have more opportunities to escape poverty in the USA than in Central America. If we refuse them entry, poverty and over-population grows faster than if we allow them in.

The USA can help the world avoid over-population by letting more immigrants in.

It's all good, with no downside. We let more immigrants in and it reduces inflation, reduces poverty, reduces over-population.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-31-2022)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Poverty causes over-population. Poor people have larger families than rich people. The solution is to eliminate poverty. When people have all their basic needs met, they have fewer children.

People have more opportunities to escape poverty in the USA than in Central America. If we refuse them entry, poverty and over-population grows faster than if we allow them in.

The USA can help the world avoid over-population by letting more immigrants in.

It's all good, with no downside. We let more immigrants in and it reduces inflation, reduces poverty, reduces over-population.
    The border has not been closed since Slow Joe became the illegitimate president.

So you support illegal immigration.