Thread: More Immigration Could Reduce Inflation

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I think I hear Poli and Phan offering to hire one of the single men who just arrived to Work for them.... And sponsor them in their quest for citizenship.... Do keep us posted....
    I already have a commitment right now that involves my finances. One thing at a time.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Time to reopen the economy.

Time to reopen the borders.

What we need is more workers to take summa those jobs that by being unfilled are causing inflation.

We know where we can get lots of willing new workers who just want to be good Americans!

" ...welcoming more low-wage foreign workers could address acute labor shortages in certain industries, helping hard-hit areas of the country recover while staving off higher inflation. "

"Low-wage workers, many of whom have been deemed “essential” during the pandemic, are particularly important to ensuring that those places can bounce back. According to an analysis by the Brookings Institute, low-wage workers make up between 30 and 62 percent of the jobs in nearly 400 metropolitan areas nationwide and are the backbone of “Main Street” businesses that support jobs for others and make neighborhoods attractive places to live and work. "

"Increasingly, Americans don’t want to do these jobs. Immigrants have already seized the opportunity to fill that void, especially in the industries seeing the largest increases in job postings amid the pandemic. Given that these industries already lean disproportionately on immigrants, they are well positioned to capitalize on policies increasing the supply of immigrant labor. "

"What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws that sets a much larger target for admissions under all the categories and probably adds a fifth category for climate migrants, which is going to be an increasingly large part of the flow that we see from the Southern Hemisphere in the coming decade ... "

Immigrants could fix the US labor shortage
    you think unfilled jobs are causing inflation?....aren't the jobs unfilled because the left demanded unvaxxed workers be fired?......BUT YOU DON'T BELIEVE BIDEN'S POLICIES HAVE IMPACTED INFLATION.........odd.....

What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws
    so why haven't the demmycrats ever tried.........you don't want legal immigration........you only want illegal immigration......a legal immigrant might not need government support......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I already have a commitment right now that involves my finances. One thing at a time.
    So that's a No? Who then? We have about 100 families here in need of everything...we have other commitments that involve our finances, time, and commitment...What do you suggest?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It really is a no brainer.
    that explains why it appeals to those without brains......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-27-2022), TOP (01-27-2022)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

What we need is more workers to take summa those jobs that by being unfilled are causing inflation.

We know where we can get lots of willing new workers who just want to be good Americans!

" ...welcoming more low-wage foreign workers could address acute labor shortages in certain industries, helping hard-hit areas of the country recover while staving off higher inflation. "

"Low-wage workers, many of whom have been deemed “essential” during the pandemic, are particularly important to ensuring that those places can bounce back. According to an analysis by the Brookings Institute, low-wage workers make up between 30 and 62 percent of the jobs in nearly 400 metropolitan areas nationwide and are the backbone of “Main Street” businesses that support jobs for others and make neighborhoods attractive places to live and work. "

"Increasingly, Americans don’t want to do these jobs. Immigrants have already seized the opportunity to fill that void, especially in the industries seeing the largest increases in job postings amid the pandemic. Given that these industries already lean disproportionately on immigrants, they are well positioned to capitalize on policies increasing the supply of immigrant labor. "

"What’s really required is a rewrite of the country’s immigration laws that sets a much larger target for admissions under all the categories and probably adds a fifth category for climate migrants, which is going to be an increasingly large part of the flow that we see from the Southern Hemisphere in the coming decade ... "

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022), Rune (01-29-2022), TOP (01-27-2022)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Mott doesn't post much anymore but I do remember him years ago complaining about H1B visas and that corporations were using them to bring in immigrant workers and undercutting American worker salaries.

Usually it's the blue collar types complaining about job loss to immigrants but interesting to hear white collar people complain.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2022)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don’t some people understand the correlation and they refuse to educate themselves on why our country needs immigrants.
    you just want a labor glut to drive wages down. you're a fascist.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Fuck off you fucking retard! Have you ever worked a day in your life? Wtf?!

What about Americans that need low wage menial jobs?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022), Rune (01-29-2022)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

OP link: "The US needs roughly 10 million people, including low-wage and high-skilled workers, to fill job openings nationwide — and only 8.4 million Americans are actively seeking work."

That means we could immediately use 1.6 million immigrants to fill the remaining open jobs that Americans are not even seeking.

"In a normal year, the US welcomes roughly 1 million immigrants, and roughly three-quarters of them end up participating in the labor force. In 2020, that number dropped to about 263,000."

That means normal immigration has been cut by nearly 3/4. Having all those jobs unfilled causes inflation.

That means if the Trump Party ever got to build their wall, and they kept everybody out, the result would be inflation. We have just seen an example of what happens when immigration is cut by nearly 3/4.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Since things don't occur in a vacuum I'm curious where those who support more immigration believe these folks should live and I bring this up vis a vis housing policy. I'll share a famous Bay Area example. During the Trump years and his anti-immigrants sentiment a lady in Berkeley had a 'Immigrants Welcome Here' sign in her front yard. She was then seen at a Berkeley city planning commission meeting fighting against a new multi-family development next to one of Berkeley's BART stations. So the sentiment of course was she was fine with immigrants coming, as long as they didn't live near her.

For the educated immigrants this is less of a problem as they are for more likely to be able to afford housing. But for the now infamous "poorly educated" types of immigrants its a different story. The areas with the most wealth and job opportunities often have the most restrictive housing policies. We can say ship a bunch of immigrants to BFE Kansas but what exactly are they going to do there?

To me, calling for more immigration doesn't jive with having anti-growth policies in place. It's a contradictory position.

(And yes, I believe we need increased immigration)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-28-2022), Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

I don’t some people understand the correlation and they refuse to educate themselves on why our country needs immigrants.
    LEGAL IMMIGRANTS YOU TOOL!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

OP link: "The US needs roughly 10 million people, including low-wage and high-skilled workers, to fill job openings nationwide — and only 8.4 million Americans are actively seeking work."

That means we could immediately use 1.6 million immigrants to fill the remaining open jobs that Americans are not even seeking.

"In a normal year, the US welcomes roughly 1 million immigrants, and roughly three-quarters of them end up participating in the labor force. In 2020, that number dropped to about 263,000."

That means normal immigration has been cut by nearly 3/4. Having all those jobs unfilled causes inflation.

That means if the Trump Party ever got to build their wall, and they kept everybody out, the result would be inflation. We have just seen an example of what happens when immigration is cut by nearly 3/4.
    JUST A QUICK QUESTION, WHY DON'T WE FORCE THOSE ON WELFARE TO TAKE THOSE JOBS AS A CONDITION TO RECEIVE BENEFITS!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-28-2022)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Polibullshitter is an aging hippy retard, her brains are fried from taking too much acid.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-28-2022 at 09:24 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Rune (01-29-2022)

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Mott doesn't post much anymore but I do remember him years ago complaining about H1B visas and that corporations were using them to bring in immigrant workers and undercutting American worker salaries.

Usually it's the blue collar types complaining about job loss to immigrants but interesting to hear white collar people complain.
    He says he's too busy now, sad really I miss the bugger. The forum is full of effing retards now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

cawacko (01-28-2022)

26. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Polibullshitter is an aging hippy retard, her brains are fried from talking too much acid.
    I never talked acid. How does that work, and how does it fry your brain?

:X