Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden likely pick for SC judge. Ketanji Onyika Brown. Super-ugly black woman.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Stupid too. Total affirmative action baby and let's hope the GOP says that. Thousands of white men more qualified.
    The Senate confirmed Jackson, a Harvard Law School graduate, to the D.C. Circuit in June by a vote of 53-44

Not a huge margin. Some of her moronic decisions:

On September 11, 2013, in American Meat Institute v. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Jackson preliminarily allowed a U.S. Department of Agriculture rule to stand that required meatpackers to identify the animal's country of origin. She found that the rule likely did not violate the First Amendment.[20]

On September 11, 2015, in Pierce v. District of Columbia, Jackson ruled that the D.C. Department of Corrections violated the rights of a deaf inmate under the Americans with Disabilities Act because jail officials failed to assess the inmate's need for accommodations when he first arrived at the jail.[22]

On September 4, 2019, in Center for Biological Diversity v. McAleenan, Jackson held that Congress had stripped federal courts of jurisdiction to hear non-constitutional challenges to the U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security's decision to waive certain environmental requirements to facilitate construction of a border wall on the United States and Mexico border.[28]

On September 29, 2019, Jackson issued a preliminary injunction in Make The Road New York v. McAleenan, blocking an agency rule that would have expanded "fast-track" deportations without immigration court hearings for undocumented immigrants.[29] Jackson found that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security had violated the Administrative Procedure Act because its decision was arbitrary and capricious and the agency did not seek public comment before issuing the rule, which made Jackson set aside the rule.[30]

Yep, just what our courts need, another activist jurist who is clueless about the law and believes she should create law from the bench.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I believe it’s helpful to have a diverse Supreme Court so being different than the others is an asset, a qualification.
    I wish we had more from outside the Ivy League.
    What does diversity have to do with interpreting our laws? You say really stupid things that are meaningless.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I LOVE IT ...

Question: What do you get for denying the First Black President a Nomination for SCOUTS?

Answer: The FIRST BLACK WOMEN SCOUT who will likely Rule against Racist Supporters and The Ex-President

Ain’t PAYBACK Fucking Bitch
    ^Low IQ race hustling moron doesn't know that this changes nothing on the court.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It would be cool if all of SCOTUS was minorities one of these days. The reaction would be awesome.
    Why?

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yeah. Clarence 'Uncle Tom' Thomas was a real asset.
    Dumb fool. Thomas has more intelligence in his little toe than you could hope to have in an entire lifetime.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-27-2022)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you sure there’s enough room on Donald Trumps Little Dick for anymore White Men’s ��?
    You may have to wait your turn ...
    Absurdity; the last desperate refuge for the ignorant, the dishonest and the stupid.

half-wit
    noun

\ ˈhaf-ˌwit , ˈhäf- \
    : a foolish or stupid person

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

... and his White Wife

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He was a very poor choice, based on his experience. The only nominee to ever been rated unqualified by the ABA.
    Another incredibly stupid and false claim. I don't think you can post without lying and looking like a halfwit.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

In before the block!

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If the Republicans could put aside the fact that she is a black woman, they would see this woman is uniquely qualified.
    WRONG. She lacks a lot of experience and is an activist looking at some of her decisions. We don't need idiots on the court like Sotomayer who lies, is incompetent and thinks the court should create law from the bench.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

RB 60 (01-27-2022)

13. #71 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,515 Times in 16,977 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I believe it’s helpful to have a diverse Supreme Court so being different than the others is an asset, a qualification.

Why not pick someone with the most experience, instead of this diversity shit? You're a bigot.
    Kavanaugh was on the second highest court in the country and you assholes raked him over
    the coals just to appease yourselves. According to you, experience doesn't matter.. I'd would
    have never hired you to work for me with you're attitude. Not ever...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why not pick someone with the most experience, instead of this diversity shit? You're a bigot.
    Kavanaugh was on the second highest court in the country and you assholes raked him over
    the coals just to appease yourselves. According to you, experience doesn't matter.. I'd would
    have never hired you to work for me with you're attitude. Not ever...
    Ketanji Brown Jackson is one of the names mentioned. I believe her credentials are similar to Kavananugh in having the dual Ivy degrees, clerking for a SC justice and being on the DC Court of Appeals. I don't know how one creates a list of most qualified but on paper her credentials rank up there with most anyone.

I do get the issue people have with Biden saying he's specifically going to pick a black woman as opposed to just simply doing it but at the end of the day a couple of the names mentioned have the qualifications (on paper) to be on the court and that's what should matter. (I guess I leave the caveat of any stories that come out that show them unworthy).

15. #73 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,515 Times in 16,977 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Ketanji Brown Jackson is one of the names mentioned. I believe her credentials are similar to Kavananugh in having the dual Ivy degrees, clerking for a SC justice and being on the DC Court of Appeals. I don't know how one creates a list of most qualified but on paper her credentials rank up there with most anyone.

I do get the issue people have with Biden saying he's specifically going to pick a black woman as opposed to just simply doing it but at the end of the day a couple of the names mentioned have the qualifications (on paper) to be on the court and that's what should matter. (I guess I leave the caveat of any stories that come out that show them unworthy).
    We would have been better-off if Biden said he wanted the most experienced person for Judge. He could have then mentioned her, but instead, he took the road of bigotry.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,930 Times in 13,197 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

I believe it's insane to appoint judges based on their ethnicity and gender rather than on their record of rulings, legal education, and other professional aspects.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    We would have been better-off if Biden said he wanted the most experienced person for Judge. He could have then mentioned her, but instead, he took the road of bigotry.
    Every President faces this though in a couple of ways. The most experienced doesn't necessarily translate to being the best (because someone has been on the court 30 years doesn't automatically make them better than someone who has been on for only 15). And President's don't necessarily want to put someone real old on the court. That may be ageism but its a reality.

I agree completely Biden could have just said I'm going to pick someone who I think is the best and shares my values and then selected a black woman. He was losing to Bernie in the primary and needed Clyburn to rescue him and this was one of the promises he made to get his endorsement.