Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Biden likely pick for SC judge. Ketanji Onyika Brown. Super-ugly black woman.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,626 Times in 21,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why not pick someone with the most experience, instead of this diversity shit? You're a bigot.
    Kavanaugh was on the second highest court in the country and you assholes raked him over
    the coals just to appease yourselves. According to you, experience doesn't matter.. I'd would
    have never hired you to work for me with you're attitude. Not ever...
    Experience is an important factor, but not the only factor. Kavanaugh was clearly the option with “the most” experience, neither was Alito or Comey-Bryant, there were many factors.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why not pick someone with the most experience, instead of this diversity shit? You're a bigot.
    Kavanaugh was on the second highest court in the country and you assholes raked him over
    the coals just to appease yourselves. According to you, experience doesn't matter.. I'd would
    have never hired you to work for me with you're attitude. Not ever...
    Pretty sure I’d never agree to work for you, ever.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I believe it's insane to appoint judges based on their ethnicity and gender rather than on their record of rulings, legal education, and other professional aspects.
    I believe all of those factors should be considered.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I believe it's insane to appoint judges based on their ethnicity and gender rather than on their record of rulings, legal education, and other professional aspects.
    Until 1980 something, no women had ever been appointed, so clearly having a dick was “the most important factor” and not experience for the majority of the supreme courts existence.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-27-2022)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

People on the right really don't get the diversity thing, for the most part.

They would if SCOTUS was all black. Give me a break - can you imagine? We'd have another 1/6 w/ MAGA's storming the court this time, demanding white representation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Stupid too. Total affirmative action baby and let's hope the GOP says that. Thousands of white men more qualified.
    How do you know she’s not the best choice despite her race and gender?

LOCK HIM UP!

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    People on the right really don't get the diversity thing, for the most part.

They would if SCOTUS was all black. Give me a break - can you imagine? We'd have another 1/6 w/ MAGA's storming the court this time, demanding white representation.
    What you're choosing not to address is the dislike of Biden saying specifically I'm going to pick a black woman, instead of just doing it.

And if you're going to go after conservatives then why do liberals want Thomas either dead or taken off the court some other way? Why did liberals get up in arms over Larry Elder was potentially going to be California's Governor?

You like diversity when it comes in the form of liberal ideology. As I said to you yesterday, liberals wouldn't be celebrating a Supreme Court of nine minorities if they were all conservative.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What you're choosing not to address is the dislike of Biden saying specifically I'm going to pick a black woman, instead of just doing it.

And if you're going to go after conservatives then why do liberals want Thomas either dead or taken off the court some other way? Why did liberals get up in arms over Larry Elder was potentially going to be California's Governor?

You like diversity when it comes in the form of liberal ideology. As I said to you yesterday, liberals wouldn't be celebrating a Supreme Court of nine minorities if they were all conservative.
    I don’t think anyone is saying any black women will do. There are thousands I would object to… What Biden is saying is that there are plenty of very qualified black women and they have been looked over for too long.

When a qualified group has been discriminated against for over 200 years, I’m ok with going out of our way to pick a well qualified person out of that group.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't like how Biden put it right out there either, but I don't think it's a big deal. The African American community in America valued that, I'm sure. It shows some commitment.

With Thomas, you're talking about a different issue. Sorry, but that had nothing to do w/ race. Both parties oppose nominees now for ideology. I actually think we're entering into an entirely new era, where he process is 100% politicized, and the votes are on party lines - which is a shame.

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I don’t think anyone is saying any black women will do. There are thousands I would object to… What Biden is saying is that there are plenty of very qualified black women and they have been looked over for too long.

When a qualified group has been discriminated against for over 200 years, I’m ok with going out of our way to pick a well qualified person out of that group.
    Are you on the right now?

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't like how Biden put it right out there either, but I don't think it's a big deal. The African American community in America valued that, I'm sure. It shows some commitment.

With Thomas, you're talking about a different issue. Sorry, but that had nothing to do w/ race. Both parties oppose nominees now for ideology. I actually think we're entering into an entirely new era, where he process is 100% politicized, and the votes are on party lines - which is a shame.
    I'm not saying this disrespectfully but you're trying to have it both ways here. You're saying people on the right wouldn't want nine black justices (while Thomas is the most popular justice among right-wingers) and then saying those on the left don't oppose him because of race rather how he does his job. (Like liberals would be fine with nine black justices as long as Thomas isn't one of them)

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not saying this disrespectfully but you're trying to have it both ways here. You're saying people on the right wouldn't want nine black justices (while Thomas is the most popular justice among right-wingers) and then saying those on the left don't oppose him because of race rather how he does his job. (Like liberals would be fine with nine black justices as long as Thomas isn't one of them)
    I didn't take it disrespectfully - but you're arguing 2 different things. I'm really not sure where the disconnect is.

If you don't think part of the MAGA crowd would freak out at the thought of an all-black SCOTUS, I don't know what to tell you.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I didn't take it disrespectfully - but you're arguing 2 different things. I'm really not sure where the disconnect is.

If you don't think part of the MAGA crowd would freak out at the thought of an all-black SCOTUS, I don't know what to tell you.
    The MAGA crowd loves Clarence Thomas. If there were nine Clarence Thomas's on the Supreme Court I'm willing to bet everything I have it would be folks on the left who would freak out.

I'm also willing to bet if the choice was for Biden to appoint someone like Merrick Garland or a minority conservative justice, every single person here claiming we need more diversity on the court would pick Garland.

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The MAGA crowd loves Clarence Thomas. If there were nine Clarence Thomas's on the Supreme Court I'm willing to bet everything I have it would be folks on the left who would freak out.

I'm also willing to bet if the choice was for Biden to appoint someone like Merrick Garland or a minority conservative justice, every single person here claiming we need more diversity on the court would pick Garland.
    You have to expand on the extremes to make your point. I think yes, the right would be fine with an all-black court, as long as every judge was ultra-conservative and a rubber stamp for ultra-conservative principles.

You win.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have to expand on the extremes to make your point. I think yes, the right would be fine with an all-black court, as long as every judge was ultra-conservative and a rubber stamp for ultra-conservative principles.

You win.
    It's not a win or lose discussion. Ideology/partisanship trumps all else is the point.