Members banned from this thread: AProudLefty and ParachuteAdams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Republicans Can Block Breyer’s Replacement

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Only five black women are now on U.S. appeals courts, and all of them will be 68 or older this year, according to data compiled by NBC News from the Federal Judicial Center.

Supreme Court justices are usually elevated from a federal appeals court. Eleven of the last 12 confirmed justices were plucked from an appellate court — the exception was Elena Kagan, who was the U.S. solicitor general.

None of the last seven confirmed justices were older than 55 when nominated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/problem-biden-s-pledge-black-woman-justice-n1200826

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a great place to remember how useless R Senators have been in recent years.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,846 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The D's are once again the party of racism.
    Too funny pasty face boy

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Too funny pasty face boy
    Americans are waking up the the fraud.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Can Mighty Mitch the Turtle Man stop bungling Biden?

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Only five black women are now on U.S. appeals courts, and all of them will be 68 or older this year, according to data compiled by NBC News from the Federal Judicial Center.

Supreme Court justices are usually elevated from a federal appeals court. Eleven of the last 12 confirmed justices were plucked from an appellate court — the exception was Elena Kagan, who was the U.S. solicitor general.

None of the last seven confirmed justices were older than 55 when nominated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/problem-biden-s-pledge-black-woman-justice-n1200826
    Brad says she's the best they can do.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Brad says she's the best they can do.....
    Well, if Brad** says it....

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Given the rules of the Senate as they stand, a resolute Republican Party can pull a sequel to the Garland nomination.

Sure, the DEMOCRATS could try to change the power-sharing agreement, but as the debate on voting rights showed us in recent weeks, one hold-out voice among DEMOCRATS in favor of the filibuster can tank the plan.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, if Brad** says it....

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Given the rules of the Senate as they stand, a resolute Republican Party can pull a sequel to the Garland nomination.

Sure, the DEMOCRATS could try to change the power-sharing agreement, but as the debate on voting rights showed us in recent weeks, one hold-out voice among DEMOCRATS in favor of the filibuster can tank the plan.
    You are dreaming....The Revolution will have no trouble getting a Revolution member on the Bench.

I am wondering if this is the solution to the Harris problem.

I was the first on JPP to wonder about that.

I get Credit.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was the first on JPP to wonder about that.

I get Credit.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TOP! Rubs Me Better!

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

I didn't write the article, Anchovies.

Maybe you should check the link.

Poor Anchovies.
    the funny part is how the Turtle blew this past Schumer. Poor fuck had no clue as to why this procedural change was being used.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahaha
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

FEAR THE TURTLE

Within moments of widespread media reports that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer will retire when the current term ends this summer, the Washington parlor game of making a short list of judges bungling Joe Biden might consider to replace him began.

After all, bungling Biden had pledged during the campaign that he would nominate a Black woman to the nine-Justice panel.

There’s one major problem facing bungling Biden’s prospects, though: he might not be able to win confirmation for the pick.

So much of influence in Washington isn’t in the press conferences or performative turns on cable news.

The real power comes from mastering the process by which it is transferred, accumulated and defended. And, when it comes to managing a generational shift of power in America’s judicial system, no one has proven more adept than Mitch McConnell.

https://time.com/6142711/joe-biden-supreme-court-nominee-mitch-mcconnell-stephen-breyer/
    Don't fart out and count your treasonous eggs before they hatch for the following reasons"

Democrats rejoice, Republicans cast any new Supreme Court nominee as radical as election-year fight begins

Justice Stephen G. Breyer’s planned retirement set up a new election-year challenge as the deadlocked 50-50 Senate confronts a heated Supreme Court confirmation fight focused on some of the most contentious issues in the nation’s ongoing cultural divide.

The news Wednesday came as a relief for liberal activists, who have worried that Democrats would lose control of the Senate before Breyer left the court, and a much-needed shot of confidence to Democratic leaders, who view the politics of the high court this year as a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy election season. President Biden has promised to nominate the first Black woman to the high court, a prospect his party hopes will excite his core supporters by delivering on a campaign promise, keeping the politics of abortion in the headlines and reminding Democrats of the importance of holding on to Senate control.

“Watching the previous administration and Mitch McConnell stacking the courts with individuals who would overturn Roe v. Wade, that is not lost on Nevadans,” said Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.), who is running for reelection in one of the most closely contested Senate races this fall. “People are going to be paying attention this year and next year. This is such an important, galvanizing issue in my state and across the country.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Breyer thwarts McConnell’s plans to prevent a Biden Supreme Court appointment

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer will be stepping down at the end of the current Supreme Court term in June or July. Which has to be a blow to Mitch McConnell, who has been harboring nefarious plots for making sure President Joe Biden never had the opportunity to seat a Supreme Court justice.

Those plans weren’t even secret. McConnell baldly stated last summer that he was “highly unlikely” to allow Biden to fill a vacancy in 2024, should the Senate revert to Republican control in these midterms. He added that he might just refuse to hold hearings in 2023 as well, should a vacancy come up.

“I think in the middle of a presidential election, if you have a Senate of the opposite party of the president, you have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy was filled. So I think it’s highly unlikely,” McConnell told Hugh Hewitt in a radio interview back in Jun. 2021. That’s McConnell’s further twisting of the supposed Senate precedent that the Senate shouldn’t confirm a justice case to a presidential election."
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/207...wMvS2yGi85lo2Q
    Last edited by gemini104104; 01-27-2022 at 01:05 AM.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

You know that was about 1-way Yoko. That is a 1-way ignorant bitch.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,685 Times in 17,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

We already have an affirmative action VP...how did that work out?

We do not need an affirmative action Supreme Court justice.

Black and white males and white women need not apply.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

TOP! Rubs Me Better!
    Then go to her when you feel the need to be affirmed.