Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Covid Debate

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,396 Times in 3,339 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Default Our Covid Debate

Preparing for the grownup world in college, when you debate you debate real ideas and real issues with peers. Inside the grown up world of this forum you debate fools, unless you’re one of them, who argue such things as Covid science is a political creed of the Democratic National Party. It’s not only Covid. There’s a mindset, mainly on the Right, that tends to put everything through a prism of politics. Disappointing, to say the least.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a 'Red Team/Blue Team' forum. 'Ideas' and 'Issues' aren't discussed. 'Talking Points' are hurled at each other. Basically a place to vent your frustrations.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), McRocket (01-27-2022), TOP (01-26-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My view on COVID.

COVID is a pandemic Virus.
    The Government is providing a FREE Vaccine that will keep 90% of people out of the Hospital/Morgue.
    You can take the Vaccine or you don't have to. Leaving 'nature' to decide your Future.

I see this as a 'gene pool cleansing' event. The Weak/Stupid will die.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

anonymoose (01-29-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    My view on COVID.

The Government is providing a FREE Vaccine that will keep 90% of people out of the Hospital/Morgue.
    You can take the Vaccine or you don't have to. Leaving 'nature' to decide your Future.

Trump supporters shouldn't get vaccinated!
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melchizedek = Michael For This Post:

Jack (01-26-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Sockinski View Post
    Trump supporters shouldn't get vaccinated!
    That seems to be the Reality.
    Now, rubbing chin, what if Democrats had Trucks disguised as 'Plumbing trucks' or 'Carpet Cleaning trucks', or 'Pizza*Delivery trucks', ... but were really rigged up as 'COVID spray trucks'? You know, had a large tank of COVID inside the truck with spray nozzles aimed outward. They could drive around the Republican precincts and the Operator could 'Bzzzz' ... Bzzzz' at the Grocery Stores, Shopping Malls, and Churches.

Socks. Am I the only one doing any constructive thinking on this?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a 'Red Team/Blue Team' forum. 'Ideas' and 'Issues' aren't discussed. 'Talking Points' are hurled at each other. Basically a place to vent your frustrations.
    Disagree. This is a facts/conspiracy theories forum. There can be no intelligent discussion without an agreed upon framework of what is true. Dutch Uncle, anonymoose, cawacko are not in any way, shape or form part of the blue team. They are however part of the 'team' that accepts reality. They can be reasoned with and you can have intelligent discussions with them. The rest? Not so much.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), Jack (01-26-2022)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Disagree. This is a facts/conspiracy theories forum. There can be no intelligent discussion without an agreed upon framework of what is true. Dutch Uncle, anonymoose, cawacko are not in any way, shape or form part of the blue team. They are however part of the 'team' that accepts reality. They can be reasoned with and you can have intelligent discussions with them. The rest? Not so much.

I guess there are exceptions to the Rule.

My experience is more like two competing Cheerleading Squads. Not really any 'discussions' going on, just a 'repetition of Talking Points' and a lot of name-calling.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess there are exceptions to the Rule.

My experience is more like two competing Cheerleading Squads. Not really any 'discussions' going on, just a 'repetition of Talking Points' and a lot of name-calling.
    Every once in a while I try to start a thread on an economic topic, but they immediately devolve into false partisan talking points. I have not encountered a member of the 'red team' that has even a basic understanding of the Fed, the 2008 financial crisis, inflation, CPI, unemployment numbers, interest rates and tax policy. They simply read some garbage on a right wing site and post it like a parrot. If you challenge them on a single point, they retreat to the corner and start slinging mud. It is what it is. I'm here find out what people actually believe. The trolling is just a bonus.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Jack (01-26-2022)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Every once in a while I try to start a thread on an economic topic, but they immediately devolve into false partisan talking points. I have not encountered a member of the 'red team' that has even a basic understanding of the Fed, the 2008 financial crisis, inflation, CPI, unemployment numbers, interest rates and tax policy. They simply read some garbage on a right wing site and post it like a parrot. If you challenge them on a single point, they retreat to the corner and start slinging mud. It is what it is. I'm here find out what people actually believe. The trolling is just a bonus.
    I like coming here to find out what people think. It's like going into a Coffee Shop/Corner Bar and engaging with everyone. You remove yourself from the usual economic and social strata that surrounds you.
    I don't think anyone ever changes their mind here, but it's nice to hear their point of view. Then ... there is the usual 'banter' that people engage in just to amuse themselves and others. That's kind of fun.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

My view on COVID.

My view:

This is a widespread disease. It has a death rate outside select groups on the order of a bad case of the flu.

The select groups, common to many other similar diseases, are:
    The elderly
    Those with preexisting serious medical conditions
    Certain groups and individuals who have genetic predisposition to getting a more serious case.

Outside that, you aren't likely to die from this.
    Masks, as being used, are worthless.
    The vaccines are proving marginally effective at best, so you decide if you want one.

The weak and stupid are the ones most likely to die.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (01-27-2022), Jack (01-26-2022), Truth Detector (01-27-2022)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    My view:

This is a widespread disease. It has a death rate outside select groups on the order of a bad case of the flu.

The select groups, common to many other similar diseases, are:
    The elderly
    Those with preexisting serious medical conditions
    Certain groups and individuals who have genetic predisposition to getting a more serious case.

Outside that, you aren't likely to die from this.
    Masks, as being used, are worthless.
    The vaccines are proving marginally effective at best, so you decide if you want one.

The weak and stupid are the ones most likely to die.
    I got 2 Shots and a Booster. I feel pretty protected. If others want to 'roll the dice' on this, that's THEIR decision. It won't affect me.
    Now, 2 years ago, I could see why their was large panic over this. Today, with 60% vaccinated and others that may have natural immunity (and the rest dead), I can see a more relaxed approach.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

anonymoose (01-29-2022)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

You want a debate?
    Here is my input.

COVID-19 LOCKDOWNS -
    RUINING HUMANITY
    TO ALLOW SENIORS
    TO LIVE LONGER

Preface

I am typing this in late September-mid October, 2020. Much of the world has gone through the
    first round of COVID-19 lockdowns. And now much of the world is talking about the ‘2‘nd
    wave’ of COVID-19 and how we will need to lockdown again. This, despite the fact that the first
    round of lockdowns caused a worldwide, financial depression, caused untold numbers of extra
    deaths from suicides and drug overdoses, destroyed untold number of businesses, sent many
    nations fiscal balance sheets to Pluto and basically just partially-ruined humanity for a few
    months.
    And almost all of this is justified to protect seniors? And not just protect them - I doubt anyone
    disagrees with that (including me). But doing whatever it takes to make sure that even the most
    miniscule chance of seniors (and the sick/very weak) dying from this virus is completely
    eradicated if possible...and the heck with the consequences of said eradication attempt.
    According to the CDC (the Center for disease Control and Prevention), the seasonal flu kills
    between 291,000 and 646,000 people, per year worldwide.
    Yet, the world does not seem to freak out over those deaths.
    And, in 2018, 1.5 million people died around the world from Tuberculosis (TB). And that was
    down(!?!) from 1.6 million the year before. And the MSM (Main Stream Media) barely made a
    peep about it.
    So why the heck are all these roughly 2 MILLION people who apparently die every year from
    the flu and TB not worth freaking out about? But all the LESS than 2 million seniors/already sick
    people who could die of COVID-19 are worth freaking out about?
    What does the first group lack that the second one possesses in terms of warranting attention?
    Nothing that I can see.
    Either freak out about all of the above or freak out about none of them. Or...how about just
    making a very, strong effort to diminish the effects of both and ‘freak out’ over neither (‘freak
    out’ meaning ‘ruin humanity if need be’, in this case).
    In this book, I want to bring attention to all the misery that the lockdowns are causing. And push
    the question: why are we ruining humanity to - in essence - give a tiny percentage of humanity
    (the elderly over 70 or so) a slightly, better chance or living a few extra years?

Chapters
    1) The Misery and Death that COVID-19 Lockdowns are Causing.
    2) What Should be done about COVID-19?
    3) And Whom is Benefitting From the Lockdowns?
    4) Who Are To Blame for the COVID-19 Mess?
    5) Most Seniors Are Being So Selfish
    6) Solutions to this Seniors Problem?
    7) Treating Seniors As Equals
    8) Finally

Chapter 1) The Misery and Death that COVID-19 Lockdowns are Causing.

On September 27, the CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) released it’s latest
    COVID-19 fatality rates. And, for the first time, they listed them by age:
    1 out of 34,000 for ages 0 to 19;
    1 out of 5,000 for ages 20 to 49;
    1 out of 200 for ages 50 to 69; and
    1 out of 20 for ages 70 and up.
    Here’s another way to look at the same numbers. If you get infected, your chances of surviving
    are as follows:
    Age Group Probability of Survival
    0-19: 99.9997%
    20-49: 99.98%
    50-69: 99.5%
    70+: 94.6%
    And if you would like a Canadian perspective on things: Here are statistics on COVID-19 from
    the Government of Canada:
    Age = deaths
    80+ = 6,566 (71.3%)
    70-79 = 1,673 (18.2%)
    60-69 = 668 (7.3%)
    50-59 = 222 (2.4%)
    40-49 = 52 (0.6%)
    30-39 = 15 (0.2%)
    20-29 = 9 (0.1%)
    0-19 = 2 (0.0%)
    So, according to the government of Canada, 89.5% of Canadians whom have died of COVID-19
    are over 70.
    And 0.9% are under 50...less than 1%.
    And these numbers are similar all over the planet. If you are young, COVID-19 is virtually no
    threat to you (in terms of dying). If you are middle-aged, COVID-19 is only a tiny threat to you.
    And if you are old - especially over 70 - COVID-19 is still not much of a threat to you as the
    odds of you dying of it (if you got it) are 1 in 20...or a 94.6% survival rate.
    Now if you were over 70 and got an illness that has the world largely locked down? And the
    doctor told you that the chances of you surviving it was 94.6%? Unless you were paranoid or a
    moron? You would probably think those odds are awfully good. I certainly would.
    A few other places...California. From the California Department of Public Health:
    It shows that as of September 29, 2020, 82.1% of those who have died of COVID-19 are over 60.
    63.3% are over 70. And a whopping 41.0% are over 80. BTW (By The Way), only 3.9% of all
    Californians are over 80.
    And let’s look at Sweden, the country that famously did NOT lock down. As of September 24,
    2020, 5,880 people have died in Sweden from COVID-19. Of those, 5,234 (80.0%) were over 70
    years of age. 3,966 (67.4%) were over 80. And 1,528 (or 25.9%) of Swedes were over 90. 1/4
    were over 90!?!
    And here is - as of May 2, 2020 - the average age of death of COVID-19 in America (according
    to the CDC), was 75 years of age.
    BTW, the average life expectancy of an American is 78.93 years.
    And only 8.2% of the world’s entire population is over 65.
    But if we look further into the numbers...again from the CDC.
    It shows that not only is the whole death rate nonsense, incredibly overblown. But now we read
    that of ALL those people whom are listed as having died of COVID-19? Only 6% had no other
    comorbidities (other health issues).
    And of the other 94% that did? The average number of comorbidities was 2.6 per person.
    In other words, the vast, VAST majority of the people whom are dying of COVID-19 are in very,
    bad medical shape outside of the virus. And they are old...very old.
    So this is what the lockdowns are protecting humanity from? So that very old, generally
    very sick people can live a little, while longer?

And what are the lockdowns doing to those who are in little/no danger of dying from the virus?
    Well, the CDC Director said that ‘suicides and drug overdoses have surpassed the death rate for
    COVID-19 among high school students.’
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/micael...eaths-n2573278
    So the head of the CDC admits that more students are dying because of the lockdowns than have
    possibly been saved by it. But I guess children don’t matter these days. Just keep those old fart’s
    alive a little longer is all that seems to matter.
    And what about substance abuse?
    The CDC has also found huge spikes in drug abuse since the pandemic started.
    And more:
    the World Health Organization warned that alcohol use during the pandemic may potentially
    exacerbate health concerns and risk-taking behaviors.
    And it is not just substance/alcohol abuse that is rising. Domestic violence is on the rise...all over
    the world.
    And here is a group that few seem to be talking about...the poor in third world countries who
    depend on donations from wealthier countries.
    According to Germany’s Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development Gerd Muller:
    ‘Europe’s LOCKDOWN will kill more people worldwide than Covid-19 virus,’
    https://www.rt.com/news/501596-europ...ckdown-africa/
    And, in July, Oxfam gave a similar warning...only much more dire:
    ‘Covid-19 could kill more people through hunger than the virus itself, warns Oxfam’
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...s-warns-oxfam/
    And why the ‘f’ are all these millions of people whom are threatened with death by hunger and
    disease because of the lockdowns barely mentioned in the western media? Oh sure...destroy the
    planet just so someone’s grandpa feels a little more optimistic when he goes to sleep at night. But
    when it comes to some unknown child in a far off, third world country? The hell with him/her,
    right?
    Pathetic and disgusting.
    And, in case anyone was not certain...let’s examine some of the financial woes these lockdowns
    are causing:
    US economy - dropped 32.9% in second quarter of 2020 (worst 1/4 drop EVER).
    Canadian economy - dropped 38.7 in Q2 2020 (worst on record)
    UK economy dropped by 20.4% in April alone (worst on record)
    Getting the picture?
    And small businesses are being hurt - generally - far more than larger ones.
    Plus, throw in all the mortgages/rent payments being put off - that will eventually have to be
    paid...or the people evicted?
    This nightmare could just get worse.
    ALL because of the COVID-19 lockdowns.
    But, fear not, the taxpayers will come to the rescue...sort of:
    The Canadian fiscal deficit for FY2020 will be by far the largest ever - well over $300 billion.
    Same with America - but well over $3 Trillion dollars in deficit.
    So, what does all the above tell us?
    It tells us that those who die of COVID-19 - whether they are in a lockdown country or not - are
    almost entirely, REALLY old. On average, about 75+...which is not much less than the life
    expectancy of most Americans (for example). And only 8.2% of humans are over 65.
    And we know that the lockdowns are causing economies to crash more than at any time in
    recorded history, sending fiscal deficits to Mars (well past previous records in many locations),
    hugely increasing drug addiction, alcoholism, domestic violence and suicides. Plus, there are
    tremendous fears that they will also cost millions of lives in third world countries due to the
    severe reduction in aid to them.
    All of this untold economic destruction, fiscal insanity, massive depressions and suicides - plus
    the possibility of far more people dying from lack of aid than could possibly die of COVID-19.
    And for all this incredible misery...what do lockdowns accomplish? What is the fundamental
    difference all this deliberate horror will make?
    A bunch of old people - who have already lived, long lives - might be able to live a few years
    longer then they otherwise would. And even that is a big 'might’.
    Yes, there will be those few, middle aged and younger people - who are already very
    sick/weakened - who might be saved. But the huge majority of those who are trying to be helped
    - to be ‘saved’? These are people who have already lived what most would consider full lives.
    They have already lived close to or longer than the average life expectancy of most
    humans....even by many first world, human’s standards.
    These are people whom in the vast majority of cases are not working, are not active, are largely
    sitting around as their bodies/minds deteriorate and are slowly dying. These are people who have
    already had a chance at a full life. People who have experienced generations of existence. People
    whom were born in the late 1940‘s or earlier. People who lived through the 1950‘s. The 1960‘s.
    The 1970‘s. The 1980‘s. The 1990‘s. The 2000‘s. And the 2010‘s. All of these decades....and
    more in many cases. They have seen so much and lived SO much already.
    As shown above - the vast majority of them have an average of 2.6 comorbidities (significant,
    medical disorders). 2.6 - on average. These are not healthy people. These are generally unhealthy
    people. I mean the average one of them is 75 with 2.6 significant, medical disorders. Does this
    sound like someone that can expect to live a long time in a fruitful and active manner (Covid-19
    or not)? I doubt most people would think so.
    And they only represent about 8% of ALL humans.
    Yet, the rest of humanity is supposed to go through tremendous pain and suffering. To - at the
    very least - put our lives on hold. And - at most - permanently damage our lives...possibly end
    them (through suicide/starvation). Just so 8% of the population - a group of people whom already
    have lived FULL lives and have roughly 2.6 significant, medical disorders - can have a better
    chance at living a few years longer?
    Possibly the greatest economic depression in human, recorded history? And the threat of
    catastrophic numbers of preventable deaths from starvation and disease (due to a lack of
    charitable support)? All to try and keep a bunch of sick, old fart’s alive for a while longer?
    That is a fair exchange? A good exchange? A worthwhile exchange?
    I say ‘NO’... NO it is not...not even close.
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-27-2022 at 01:12 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-27-2022)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Chapter 2) What should be done about COVID-19?

First, why was the virus allowed in the various countries in the first place? It was known early on
    that this virus was ‘not fun’ and that people were going to be afraid of it. So why did countries
    not just lockdown their borders?
    I am against lockdowns in general. But I see nothing wrong with closing a border if you are
    worried about a virus coming in. You can still trade goods. Just have any goods that require
    quarantine for some period to be ‘left on the docks’ for said period until the quarantine period has
    passed.
    But I am primarily talking about people. Why the heck did SO many governments wait SO long
    to lockdown their borders? Why not do it right away...the minute the virus is detected and has
    reached ‘worrisome’ status? It made no sense at all to me that many governments waited until it
    was clearly too late to close their borders.
    I have to admit, the conspiratorial side of my personality thought that the governments
    deliberately let the virus in. As I will get into much more in the next chapter - I firstly believe
    that politicians are LOVING the lockdowns (because it gives them a chance to have total power
    over their constituents - and power is what most, corrupt politicians love more than anything in
    terms of their job). So they deliberately allowed the virus to enter their jurisdictions. That way if
    it was nothing - no harm done to their economy. And if it was a big deal? They would then have
    a chance at total power over their voters. And not only that - the voters would scream at these
    politicians to dominate/control their lives - out of fear. A perfect scenario for the average, greedy,
    power-hungry politician. I genuinely believe there is something to that thought. I cannot for one
    second prove it. And I realize it is pretty awful, if true. But I have a pretty, awful respect (i.e. lack
    of) for almost all politicians. I sincerely believe most of them would have no problem at all
    sacrificing TONS of people just so they can experience more power. Yes - I have that low of an
    opinion of most politicians. Especially major ones.
    But since I cannot prove that, I will put it aside - for now.
    The other reason could be they were just too stupid/lazy to see what might be coming and to take
    proper action to fight it. It was only when it actually hit their respective jurisdiction’s that they
    began to sit up and really take notice.
    You know? Having typed both? I still feel like the former is more of the reason...especially when
    it comes to national borders.
    But, politicians can be awfully dumb/lazy...so, you never know.
    Anyway, for whatever reason, these corrupt/idiotic/lazy/disgusting politicians just let the virus
    come into their countries via visitors/returning citizens and seemed to take little to no precautions
    until it was waaay too late.
    And especially for countries like Canada and America - and any island nations - it would have
    been so easy.
    In Europe, there are so many countries and so many borders that people can go through on foot,
    in a car, a train or a plane or a boat. I can see it would be very difficult to just shut down access
    to each and every EU country. Also, there is strong evidence (apparently) that the first COVID19 case in France was discovered - retroactively - in a French hospital on December 27,
    2019...which is before the outbreak officially began in China. So it was probably too late for
    them to stop the virus 'embracing’ Europe even if they had have locked it down the minute it
    became a 'thing’ in China.
    But America and Canada? Assuming you close down the physical borders to car/truck/train
    traffic? And Canada’s only land border is with America. And America’s land borders are only
    Canada and Mexico. True, they are long borders. But the virus was going to come from either the
    far east or the EU probably...not from Central America. But even if it were the latter, later on?
    Just station the military on the U.S. southern border - and that is that. Any ships that come in -
    keep the passengers/crew on board unless it’s a medical emergency. And shutting down airline
    traffic is easy...just stop all flights into both countries - especially from outside North America.
    And that would have more or less sealed off North America from COVID-19.
    And what about returning citizens?
    Simple - shoot them when they try to get in (kidding). No, they land at a few designated airports.
    They are taken to waiting areas either at the airport or nearby. There they live in quarantine until
    they are all cleared. They enter the country and COVID-19 does not enter with them.
    Presto! COVID-19 problem solved in those countries (in theory).
    Sure, 50 years ago - it would have been a big deal to close the borders to people. But today? With
    the internet and Skype/Zoom/etc.? It would not be remotely as big of a thing.
    And again, you could still import and export goods...they just would have to be quarantined until
    they were clear.
    Other then tourism - I don’t see the big deal. You could still travel around your own country -
    you just could not leave it. Or if you did and you wanted to come back, you would have to go
    through a long quarantine period.
    Yes, there would be some added costs involved. But whatever they were would have seemed
    almost microscopic compared to the human/financial mess the lockdowns have caused...not to
    mention all the deaths that could have been largely avoided from COVID-19.
    This seems so ‘matter of fact’. So ‘common sense’. So OBVIOUS. Why the bleep did
    governments not do this? Or at least, far more governments?
    I do not hear this question asked remotely enough when discussing the causes of the pandemic.
    Why is the MSM (Main Stream Media) not going after the politicians for not closing the borders
    much sooner? And I don’t accept that ‘we did not know yet’ nonsense. That is no excuse at all.
    The media was already leading off just about every newscast with COVID-19 long before it
    came to North America. So do not tell me the politician’s were not aware of it...'cause I ain’t
    buying that one for a second.
    Okay, the MSM is basically giving the politicians a pass on it. I imagine there are a few reasons
    for this. I go over them in Chapter 3, part ‘d’.
    First off, what should have been and what should be done about COVID-19? Let the old fart’s
    die? Of course not.
    As far as I am concerned? What to do is so staggeringly simple and obvious to me that it falls
    into the ‘well duh’ category.
    As I showed above - almost every, single person whom is dying of COVID-19 is either over 70
    and/or very sick/weak already.
    As the CDC pointed out (posted above), if you are otherwise healthy, you have just a tiny chance
    of dying of COVID-19...even if you are quite old. And if you are middle aged (40-59)? Your
    chances of dying of it - even if you got it - are miniscule. And finally, if you are under 40 and get
    it? You should not even spend a second worrying about it. Sure, you might get sick from it. But
    lots of people get ‘sick’ from lots of things every year. But I am talking about ‘dying’ here, the
    panic is about ‘dying’. Yes, a young person could die of COVID-19. But more likely they will
    die of the common flu - MUCH more likely. So if you are young (under 40) and get COVID-19?
    You should not even spend a thought worrying about dying of it...not one, single thought, in my
    unprofessional opinion. However, the government and the MSM (Main Stream Media) won’t
    shut up about it.
    But despite those pathetic groups (government and MSM) - what should be/should have been
    done about COVID-19?
    Again, simple...offer people over 70 and those who are VERY sick/have weakened immune
    systems quarantine. Either send them money to supplement their own self-quarantine. Or setup
    facilities in government areas (like military bases, government buildings, etc.) where these
    people can go and live. And the government can provide either bureaucrats and/or volunteers
    who can help look after these people.
    For how long?
    Until herd immunity is reached and the ‘pandemic’ is over.
    What Is Herd Immunity?
    ‘Herd immunity, or community immunity, is when a large part of the population of an area is
    immune to a specific disease. If enough people are resistant to the cause of a disease, such as a
    virus or bacteria, it has nowhere to go.’
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/what-is-herd-immunity#
    Most ‘experts’ seem to think that about 60-70% is the herd immunity level for COVID-19.
    As you can probably figure from the above definition/explanation? Herd immunity is probably
    obtained faster if more people are exposed to the virus.
    But if you have lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing (especially amongst people who
    have tiny chances of dying of the virus)...than obviously this is going to slow down how fast herd
    immunity is reached.
    Anyway, so all the people who are scared of dying of COVID-19 can get help from the
    government to self-quarantine...in my 'what should have been done about COVID-19' scenario.
    Now, let’s take a guess as to what costs more money? Shutting down the entire economy
    (practically), sending money to people to make up for their lost paychecks and bailing out major
    corporations? As well as sending money to people who want to self-quarantine?
    Or just send money to those who wish to self quarantine/set up areas where they can go...and
    NOT shutting down the rest of the economy at all?
    Think hard now.
    I will put it in even simpler terms.
    Which is the smarter thing to do?
    Help those who want to self-quarantine with government money/assistance and leave the
    economy alone? Or deliberately put the economy into an economic depression and also help
    those who want to self-quarantine with government money/assistance?
    Well?
    Obviously the answer is the first...by many, many, many, many times.
    But no, despite the fact that we know (and have known for months) that COVID-19 does not kill
    almost anyone but the old and the very sick. And even then...the old it does kill are almost all
    already weak/sick. Despite this...some knucklehead’s in government or the MSM insist we shut
    everything down all but ‘essential services’.
    What the ‘f’ for?
    People that are over 70 and/or weak/sick do not work in the economy. Or if they do? Only in tiny
    amounts. The vast, vast majority of the economy is made up of people under 70 who are
    reasonably healthy. And since the latter do NOT die of COVID-19 (except in miniscule
    amounts), what the heck are we forcing them to stay at home for?
    And the same goes for students.
    We know for a fact that - unlike with most common flu’s - the younger you are, the safer you are
    from COVID-19 (whereas the common flu can and does kill the very, young sometimes). So
    what the heck are they being forced to miss school for?
    Oh...but the government bureaucrats and MSM ‘expert’s have an answer for that? ‘So they do
    not spread it to old people?’
    What old people? The parents of these children are almost certainly not old enough to be
    realistically worried about dying of COVID-19 (unless they are medically weak/very sick). So no
    worries there.
    Oh...but the major bureaucrats/MSM expert’s have more to say: ‘but what if their grandparents
    live with them/they visit their grandparents and give them the virus (assuming they become
    carriers)?’
    Hello? Granny and Gramps can go and live alone. If they cannot afford it? They can contact the
    government and they can get help.
    And if they don’t live with the family as it is? What the heck are you doing visiting them now
    anyway? Are you stupid or something? You cannot phone them? Never heard of
    Skype/Zoom/etc.? Sheesh.
    So there is no logical reason whatsoever why either the schools are closed or any businesses (that
    I can think of) should be closed.
    Or for that matter, there is no logical reason at all why schools/businesses are limited in ANY
    WAY by social distancing or maximum numbers in stores or some other paranoia nonsense.
    The bottom line is...the only people that are in any real danger of dying are sick and/or old
    people. So as long as they are isolated...how can they get/die from COVID-19? Telepathy?
    And as far as the above mentioned herd immunity is concerned? Obviously, the faster people are
    exposed to COVID-19, the faster herd immunity can be reached. And then the problem is
    practically over. So, all this mask wearing/lockdown/social distancing does is drastically slow the
    number of people who are exposed to it. And this drastically slows down the time it takes to
    reach herd immunity.
    So all this neurotic nonsense and overprotection does is make the entire mess last a whole lot
    longer.
    Young/middle-aged people are under little threat of dying of it. The old people are isolated. So
    end the lockdown nonsense. Let herd immunity take hold and end this crap.
    All the precautions do is ruin life for many people and delay herd immunity for months/years.
    And, btw, those of you who are waiting for a vaccine to fix everything? You are foolish to do so,
    in my unprofessional opinion. 1) vaccines usually cause a lot of side effects in people...often,
    very serious side effects. 2) they are miles from 100% effective usually. Take flu shots? From
    what I have read, they are - at best - only good at protecting 2/3 of those who get a flu shot from
    actually getting the flu.
    (btw, I do get flu shots - every year. I am getting near the age where the flu could be very
    harmful to me - so I take the extra precaution. Plus, when I was young, because I have a small,
    heart defect - mitral valve prolapse - I was told I should get a flu shot every year)
    In my (unprofessional - got to try and cover my legal buttocks) opinion, this fixation that people/
    governments/the MSM have on a COVID-19 vaccine is foolish. And, hello? What happens if one
    is never developed? Then what? Permanent lockdowns?
    Hmmm...the politicians and MSM and major bureaucrats seem to love the lockdowns. And now
    they are pushing for vaccines that they know might never be developed and thus their
    constituents could be in semi-permanent lockdowns?
    Hmmmm....
    Anyway, so it is simple...you isolate those whom are at risk (who want to be isolated) and let
    EVERYONE else live their lives as normal.
    This way, those at risk are protected...fully. The rest of humanity gets back to normal. The
    economic/fiscal messes end. And the poor in third world countries can get their normal levels of
    assistance/aid.
    There is no significant downside.
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-27-2022 at 12:59 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

3) And Whom is Benefitting From the Lockdowns?

Several people/groups. a) a few, major corporations, b) many politicians, c) big government
    lovers d) many, major bureaucrats, d) the Main Stream Media (MSM) and f) selfish, lousy
    human beings.

3a) many corporations.
    3b) many politicians.
    3c) big government lovers.
    3d) many, major bureaucrats.
    3e) the Main Stream Media (MSM).
    3f) selfish, lousy human beings.

3a) many corporations.
    Many, major corporations are either getting bailed out or are making huge profits from the
    lockdowns?
    Many billionaire’s have greatly profited from the lockdowns.
    Plus, larger corporations clearly can weather lockdowns far more easily than small/medium sized
    businesses.
    So, the rich and the larger corporations did fine or actually made great sums of money from the
    lockdowns. Increasing the wealth gap even more.

3b) many politicians.
    Most politicians are corrupt. I don’t think this is something I have to spend much time
    convincing most readers of. Unfortunately, many of the masses are so stupid and/or gullible that
    they have fallen for the partisan politics crap. That is the notion that 'their’ political party is great
    and all the others are varying degrees of lousy. Kind of like people believing one useless,
    completely unscientifically-proven religion is better than another useless, completely
    unscientifically-proven religion. Seriously, religious people are a lot like people who take their
    political parties seriously...they are always weak and/or ignorant and/or desperate.
    The notion that one political party is fundamentally different than another is so silly. If you just
    looked at them with a modicum of open mindedness you should (imo - in my opinion) see that
    all major, political parties are just different sides of the same coin.
    Yes, they have subtle differences. But the bottom line is they are desperately want of political
    power and will sell out just about any ‘ideal’ they claim to have to get it.
    And since the parties are staggeringly corrupt - their representatives naturally are as well. In fact,
    I would guess that at least 90-95% of all politicians are corrupt. Especially the male ones (as for
    why I favor females over males in this regard - even though I am a hetero male myself? I have
    written a book about it ‘Women run the countries, (mostly) Men run the economies and 14-17
    year old’s have the right to vote.’. Yes - a very, uncatchy name. But I try to name my books to
    describe their contents - not be catchy).
    Anyway, the point is that politicians cannot be trusted. They enter politics for generally one
    reason...power (imo). I mean, why would wealthy, successful people deliberately put themselves
    through the ringer of micro-analysis and constant putdowns that politics brings? Because they
    are so kind and sweet? Suuuure. No, they do it because their business/military lives - no matter
    how fulfilling in their own way - cannot offer them the thing that politics can give them...power.
    The power over a lot of other people’s lives.
    That being the case, this COVID-19 mess is offering them exactly that. Major politician’s can tell
    people when they can go outside, when they cannot, when they can open their businesses & to
    what degree, when they must close, what they must wear on their faces, how many people they
    can socialize with, how far away they must be from other people when they talk to them,
    whether they can shake hands or not, whether they can go for walks or not, where they can walk
    and on and on.
    Politician’s have almost total control over our lives in lockdowns. This, despite the fact that in
    America and Canada, we have the right to peacefully assemble and to have freedom of religion.
    But both of those constitutionally guaranteed rights have been thrown out of the window. And
    because most of the population are basically, stupid sheep, they have gladly let the politicians
    take near-total and complete control of their/our lives - and remove constitutionally-guaranteed
    rights - just so these stupid and weak sheep can feel a little safer.
    This is an absolute paradise for politicians. They have more power than they could have
    realistically dreamed of, spend virtually any amount of government money they wish...and the
    people actually are begging them to have said power (legal and financial) over their lives.
    Now, the most obvious solution to the COVID-19 ‘crisis’ would be to offer assistance to those in
    the most danger from the virus (the elderly and the very sick/weak) so that they can self-isolate.
    We have known for months that these people are the ONLY people that face any reasonable
    chance of dying from the virus (or at least at anything more than a token, death rate). We also
    have known for months that the lockdowns would do horrific damage to huge groups of
    people/the economy.
    So, one would think that politicians would take the steps that help the most people without
    hurting those people whom are not in danger. I mean, since only a tiny fraction of the population
    is in any, significant danger from COVID-19, there is little point in locking down the entire
    population to help to save a tiny portion of said population. Especially with the gigantic amount
    of damage that would occur due to locking down the entire population.
    Then why did almost all of the politicians - who had all of this information at their fingertips -
    decide to take the most severe and destructive, lockdown choice possible?
    Because they obviously wanted to.
    They are corrupt and they got into politics for power. And COVID-19 to a politician is the heroin
    of power...the ultimate (short of running around, legally murdering people), political power.
    And to seriously expect a bunch of corrupt, power junkies to pass up the chance at free, power
    heroin? That is just asking too much of these awful people.
    So they broke out the needles, the spoons and the heat source and got ready to shoot up the best
    'power heroin’ they could ever have dreamed of. They would all be little dictators in their
    jurisdictions. Whether it was at a federal, state/provincial or municipal level...the leaders of each
    level were mini-Kings/Queens. They could do almost anything. And if anyone questioned their
    tactics? These kings/queens could just say 'hey, I am trying to save people’s lives’ (or some other
    BS). And that would shut down most of the negativity. And, as long as there was just a chance
    that COVID-19 could start killing large numbers of people...these mini-kings/queens had total
    power over their constituents.
    It’s perfect for them. Most of these politicians are not in the danger class for the virus. So they
    are not afraid of it. The same with their families. And if they know old people they care
    about...they just make sure they are safely quarantined at taxpayers expense.
    So not only do these kings/queens love COVID-19. They want it to continue forever. Because,
    like any addict, once you have a taste of the 'power heroin’? It is INCREDIBLY difficult to give
    it up.
    And, mark my words, before COVID-19 lockdowns end for good, most politicians will have
    tried to find every, possible excuse to keep them going.

3c) big government lovers.
    Big government lovers have been having a great time of it for years. They had the Fed basically
    coming in and running the economy (indirectly) since the Great Recession - and partially since
    They had fiscally-responsible people on the rocks for years...so much so that a fiscal surplus has
    literally, almost become a swear word in politics.
    They had gotten a lot of people utterly dependent on the federal government (of numerous
    country’s) to bail them out of any jam they get into...even if it was 100% the person’s fault that
    they got into the jam in the first place.
    They had gotten words like ‘socialism’ to become freely, acceptable politically. Even in places
    like America - that would at one time think that word was too close to ‘communism’ for her
    taste.
    All of these things and more - that the big government lover adores - have become almost SOP
    (standard operating procedure). Something that 20 years ago would have been almost
    unthinkable.
    Then COVID-19 comes along?
    And now these big government lovers - from both ‘sides’ of the aisle - quietly are ecstatic.
    People are throwing away their rights and freedoms just to feel safer. And not only that - they are
    getting angry at politicians that do not take enough of our freedoms away. Those that want
    government to control our lives must be just loving this period.
    And fiscal deficits? They have gone completely out of the window now. No one seems to care
    about them...at all. It’s like, any amount of money can be spent - whether we have it or not - just
    to try and make us feel safer. Literally trillions of dollars are being spent by governments - that
    they do not have - just to fund the lockdowns. Neither liberals nor conservatives seem to be
    giving a lick about how much the deficits are. Heck, they seem to be racing each other to the
    bottom...the more in the red, the better. So Keynesian’s and other big spending lovers are basking
    in this orgasmic splurge of near-infinite, government spending. And the more the public gets
    used to huge deficits, the harder it’s going to be to get them un-used to them when this is over.
    And socialism is quickly becoming a good word. A word to embrace. Big government will
    protect us. And if the government is not big enough yet to make us feel better/safer? Just make it
    bigger. Give it more of our rights and freedoms. More of our taxes. More of our privacy.
    Can you imagine how a big government lover is feeling right now?
    25 years ago? Much of the world was embracing fiscal responsibility, individual freedoms,
    free(ish) market economies.... It must have been a bleak time for the big government lovers.
    But today? All of that is gone.
    These Big Government Lovers must be in near heaven.
    And if you think that is good thing? You are 100% wrong.
    Becoming dependent on government to ‘artificially’ prop up economies is a bad thing. Saddling
    are grandchildren with gigantic, fiscal deficits is a bad thing. Giving away our rights and
    freedoms is a bad thing.
    These things eventually bring inflation/deflation, economic stagnation (we already had a small
    taste of that after the Great Recession until COVID-19 hit), huge debt servicing costs, gigantic
    increases in the wealth gap (you must be pretty stupid and/or naive and/or ignorant if you think
    the rich would go along with this if they were not making money at it somehow), huge losses in
    our personal freedoms/liberties and on and on.
    And all of it is because of FEAR.
    Because most of the masses are ignorant, spineless wimps...their ignorance-based fear is
    allowing the governments AND the wealthy of the world to not only screw over the
    middle/lower classes...but to get the weak to beg the rich and powerful to do it.
    All due to fear.
    And anything you give up due to fear is 99% of the time the wrong/a bad thing to give up. And
    this IS one of those times.
    Sure, most of you don’t see it now.
    But - if you live long enough - you will.

3d) many, major bureaucrats.
    But politicians could not do all this without the bureaucrats to ‘play ball’.
    BTW - I specifically am referring to the major bureaucrats. The ones that run their various
    departments - NOT the lower echelon, civil service persons who just do what they are told as
    best as they can.
    If the bureaucrats - whom actually run the governments - believe the politicians should not
    lockdown the entire population? They can just release that information to the press en masse and
    shame the politicians into backing off.
    Funny thing though. In almost, every jurisdiction around the ‘wealthy’ world (just about every
    place that is not the ‘third world’)...they did not do this. Why?
    Because, most top bureaucrats (IMO) are greedy as well. They love power. And they love
    control. But normally, they get little of both. But here, with COVID-19, they have it in far greater
    amounts than they probably ever thought was realistically possible.
    Don’t believe me?
    Look at Anthony Fauci? Almost no one heard of the guy a year ago. Today, his name is on almost
    every, American adult’s mind. He is a star. A media god. He even threw out the first pitch in a
    major league baseball game (a DEFINITE celebrity thing to do). And not just for any game - but
    for the opening day game of the Washington Nationals (former Montreal Expos) baseball team.
    That is reserved for big time celebrities.
    The fact that he did it proved two things to me. 1) bureaucrats are ‘heroes’ during COVID-19;
    and 2) Fauci is loving, every second of it.
    Watch him in interviews. It’s obvious he is enjoying the limelight. And you don’t throw out the
    first pitch of a MLB game if you don’t love the limelight.
    Personally, as far as I am concerned? He is nothing more than a media whore. His advice has
    generally sucked. His motives are highly questionable. And it is clear (to me, anyway...in my
    opinion) that he wants this madness to continue for as long as possible. Because, when it’s
    over...so is his fame.
    And he is but one of the huge numbers of major, bureaucrats that have SO much, more power
    now than they ever had before - than they ever thought they would have. And they do not want it
    to end, either.
    And it’s not just them. All these ‘scientist’s’ that create medical ‘models’ about death counts and
    survival rates and blah blah blah. And the stupid and useless masses eat it all up. Every, little
    scrap of information...the weak sheep want to see. They are terrified and they want to feel safer.
    By the way, there are some decent, major bureaucrats (probably) who are calling for lockdowns
    because they truly believe that is the right thing. But these people are pathetic on this, IMO. They
    are taking the same moronic viewpoint as the masses...'we must try and save everyone at any
    cost’. ‘The elderly MUST be protected...at ANY cost’. They don’t seem to even glance at the
    repercussions of their advice. They just either cover their legal butts or crave the spotlight and
    call for more and more lockdowns. They don’t care about the economy...that’s not their field.
    They don’t worry about the suicides...they are 'unfortunate...but a necessary evil of the
    lockdowns’. They don’t care about the gigantic, fiscal deficits...’just print more money’ they call.
    Overall? I blame the naive/ignorant/closed-minded though well intentioned, major bureaucrats
    almost as much as the 'media whore’ major bureaucrats on this.
    So, now the major bureaucrats and the politicians are both on the side of lockdowns.
    But might not be not enough. Not to convince the ignorant masses to deliberately send the
    economy into a massive, economic depression.
    They would need help for that. And they got it...from the MSM.
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-27-2022 at 01:00 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

3e) the Main Stream Media (MSM).
    The MSM have been stoking fears in people from the very beginning on COVID-19. They have
    clearly pushed the side of ‘this is a horrible thing’ and ‘you should be very afraid’.
    Why did the MSM do this?
    I will explain this by taking an excerpt from the first few pages of my book ‘Women run the
    countries, (mostly) Men run the economies and 14-17 year old’s have the right to vote.’
    ‘The statistics are already in (today is April 22, 2020). We already know for a fact (for those
    bothered enough to look at them with open minds) that COVID-19 is not remotely near as deadly
    as the Main Stream Media (MSM) and most governments (except Sweden’s, for one) are trying
    to make us believe. And yes, both are (in my opinion) deliberately trying to cause tremendous
    fear in the general population (for different reasons).
    The MSM has seen their ratings/profits falter as the internet grows larger and larger along with
    other competition. Their viewers are getting older and will soon largely die out. They know this.
    So, in my opinion, whenever they can, they deliberately try and over-hype stories. Why?
    Because
    less people watch the news when things are calm. But far more watch it when things are going
    badly. And people tend to flock to the big MSM sites when things go especially wrong. So
    COVID-19 has given the MSM a golden opportunity for fantastic ratings and greater profits to
    go along with it. So, the MSM is making the COVID-19 virus out to be as terrible as they can.
    And they seem to only interview people who will go along with this (for their own
    selfish/irresponsible reasons). To feed as much bad news and cause as much fear as they can to
    the masses...so these same masses will watch the news more. The MSM many decades ago could
    be moderately trusted. Now? They have hit a new low and have now proven once and for all that
    they cannot be trusted IN THE SLIGHTEST. They have become not only useless, but harmful to
    humanity. They are now part of the problem. Fortunately, the internet will eventually kill them
    off almost entirely. But for the time being, they should be ignored and treated for what they are -
    hideous institutions designed for profit above all else.’
    COVID-19 represents a chance for a massive gain in profits for the MSM.
    Don’t believe me?
    ‘From March 16-20, Fox News saw its ratings climb 89 percent over the same time last year, to
    881,000 primetime viewers per day ages 25-54, while CNN was up 193 percent to 790,000 and
    MSNBC climbed 56 percent to 570,000, according to Nielsen Media Research.’
    https://www.newsweek.com/ratings-sky...verage-1493836
    The people that run the MSM are not fools (including the newspapers). They maybe awful
    people...but they know how to raise ratings.
    And judging by the massive jump in ratings - thanks to the coronavirus panic they helped create -
    their ratings, absolutely skyrocketed.
    So, the MSM had a choice? Take the low road, try and panic everyone and see their ratings and
    profits go nuts?
    Or take the high road, provide a balanced and rational reporting of COVID-19, interview people
    from both sides (those who are panickers and those who are looking at it rationally), take their
    position as (still, somewhat) trusted by the the masses seriously and do in-depth reporting as to
    the real, death rate numbers and/or whom COVID-19 truly puts in danger.
    In other words - be purely, for-profit tabloid-like? Or be highly professional and the heck with
    profits?
    Guess which won?
    And do not kid yourself. They ALL did it (that I can see). Every, single MSM source took the
    bait. In America (even ‘non-profit’ sources like PBS), in Canada, in Britain and in the rest of
    Europe (that I could see). Everywhere, all the front line, MSM sources seemed to cave on this.
    You had to go to the more fringe media sources to get the true data/picture.
    And not only deliberately panicking people. But also, letting the politicians off of the hook for
    not doing more to protect their constituents when the virus first started to leave China.
    As I said in Chapter 2, the media just let the politicians pretty much off on the question of why
    did these people not take far greater steps to stop the virus entering their
    countries/states/provinces in the first place? Especially in places like America and Canada -
    where it was much easier to shut down traffic from the 'Orient’ (yes, I like that term. And no, I do
    NOT think it is prejudice. In fact, I think it is a lot less prejudice than calling someone from 'the
    Orient’, 'Asian’. India and Pakistan and Israel and Syria and Afghanistan are all in Asia. Would
    you call an Indian or an Afghani or a Pakistani or an Israeli or a Syrian 'Asian’s’? Of course not.
    It’s a moronic term. Either call them 'East Asian’s or 'Oriental’s’. BTW - all ‘Oriental’ means is
    people from the ‘Orient’ - people of eastern Asia. There is nothing 'prejudicial’ about that.
    Calling someone 'Oriental’ as a ‘prejudice thing to say’ is just PC baloney in my book.). As I was
    typing, it is far easier to keep people out of your country in North America than in Asia or
    especially the EU. Yet, I have seen few people question how President Trump and Prime Minister
    Trudeau handled COVID-19 in it’s opening weeks (other then those who just lay into each leader
    for almost anything because they head the 'other’ party/political movement). I assume it is for
    two main reasons:
    1) they do not want people to question how the virus got hold, too much for fear that the masses
    might realize that the MSM actually helped spread panic and alarm over COVID-19 just to get
    higher ratings (in my opinion).
    and 2) some sort of patriotic nonsense that 'we are all in this together’ in 'fighting COVID-19'...or
    some such blather. Like this 'bug’ is an invading army...sheesh. If there is one thing I have
    learned to despise - it’s the word 'patriotism’. I used to love it when I was much
    younger/idealistic. Now, all it seems to me to be is a word leader’s use to get people to go along
    with things that they otherwise might not...like wars, lockdowns or other events that takes away
    the masses freedoms that their Constitution’s say they have.
    Anyway, as for the MSM?
    Sadly, COVID-19 was the deathblow to quality journalism from the mainstream media, IMO.
    They have shown their hand...quality is out. Tabloid sensationalism is in.
    It took them SO long to build up that trust - over the decades/generations. Way back when, the
    MSM that had the best, journalistic reputations got the best ratings. So quality was in as
    professionalism made money. Sadly, that seems to no longer be the case.
    And, with one (huge) event...they have thrown it right out the window. Sure, it is not apparent to
    the ignorant masses yet. But they are beginning to get it that the once-respected MSM are
    pathetic, journalistic institutions.
    On the internet, you can tell that people are starting to question things now. It’s not the majority
    yet...but it is getting there. And I believe history will judge the MSM’s handling of COVID-19
    that way.
    This could be the swan song for the MSM. The last hurrah before the internet puts the nail in
    their coffins.
    Probably not...but I think it is the beginning of the end for them as the main source for quality
    journalism.

3f) selfish, lousy human beings.
    Like whom? And how?
    1) like people from all of the above areas. People who want to further their selfish/erroneous
    causes at others expense. People who just want more - more money and/or more power.
    2) prejudiced and/or xenophobic people who want to see certain groups suffer/die off.
    3) people who simply want to sit on their buttocks and get paid for it by the government (not
    welfare - far more than that).
    4) criminals.
    5) abusive people (mostly men).
    1) the first group can just be embedded in the above mentioned groups - politicians, major
    bureaucrats, the wealthy and the MSM heads.
    2) all of the poor people around the world who will suffer and possibly die because people are
    giving far less time and money to their causes - because they are spending so much of both on
    themselves/their own countries and the COVID lockdowns/pandemic.
    Very sadly (and disturbingly) many prejudice and xenophobic people will welcome this. Or, at
    the very least, not mind it. ‘Serves them right’ might be one thing they say about it. ‘Good - this
    will get them off their butts and pulling up their own boot straps’ might be another, awful thing
    to say/think.
    3) people who want to get paid for doing nothing. And, again, I am not talking about people just
    on welfare. I am talking about people who literally want a full and complete life without having
    to lift a finger. Talk of 'Universal Basic Income’ is cropping up again.
    Look, I don’t blame these people - what they want sounds nice. It would be good if no one had to
    work unless they wanted to. That not only would their basics be provided for them by the
    government (which I strongly agree with - in the form of welfare). But also money so they can
    live a relatively good life without ever working.
    The COVID-19 lockdowns has brought up the UBI (Universal Basic Income) idea again. And it
    is easy to see - with the gigantic amounts of government money sloshing around - why not a
    bunch more? And, if UBI could be done without deficit spending? I would be 100% for it. But it
    just costs too much.
    Look at America? There are about 250 million adults and 80 million pre-adults in America. If
    you gave every, American $20,000 US dollars per year as UBI AND say, $6,000 for each preadult? That would cost about $5.48 trillion dollars.
    Now, with UBI, you could end Social Security and all non-medical, welfare spending (like food
    stamps and rent assistance). Let’s say that is $2 trillion. That still leaves about $3.5 trillion in
    deficit spending - that is just TOO much. Plus, $20,000 in many, American major cities will not
    get you far if you want your own apartment.
    Maybe you could give it to those presently on welfare only. But to give it to everyone - no matter
    their financial situation - is just not financially feasible. It sounds great...but it’s just not remotely
    realistic...unless you want to saddle your children/grandchildren with a gigantic, debt service cost
    onf the national debt, on the federal budget, every year. And I mean 'gigantic’ like upwards of 65-
    75% of the present federal tax income...just to service the federal, government debt.
    4) criminals. When you throw huge amounts of government money around. Criminals will
    always figure out a way to get their fair share...and more. All the income supplementation? I am
    sure criminals have figured out ways to cash in on that. And with so much money being 'printed’,
    that is sending 'safe havens’ like precious metals and cryptocurrencies sky high. The former is
    okay. But the latter? It should be remembered that cryptos (short form of cryptocurrencies) are
    the bastions of organized criminals and terrorists because it is extremely difficult for
    government/law enforcement agencies to track cryptocurrency transactions.
    Now I am not a big fan of crypto’s because they are a currency that is backed by nothing and
    represents nothing and are, in fact, nothing except a computer number. As well, I think their
    future is not as rosy as many seem to think. Why?
    Because they are being banned in many countries. Countries like China, Bangladesh, Russia,
    Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Thailand and India.
    Now, the banning’s vary in their intensity and coverage - but the point is, governments do not
    like cryptos, because they cannot read the transactions or control the currencies.
    And I assume, so long as crypto transactions remain virtually unreadable for governments, that
    more and more will ban them. Especially if more and more people continue to use cryptos.
    And I cannot say I blame them.
    Say you are a government like America. And let’s say 20% of your population starts to 'live’
    entirely in the cryptocurrency universe. They get paid in cryptos, pay their rent in cryptos, pay
    for food, gasoline, phone bills, internet, clothing, everything in cryptos? And since these
    transactions are virtually impossible for the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) to read...the IRS will
    not be able to figure out how much income they make and how much income tax they owe. So,
    theoretically, they could pay no taxes and the IRS would not be able to come after them.
    And if all 20% of Americans live like that - that could be 20% less tax dollars in government
    income the municipal/state/federal governments are getting. But you are still driving on their
    roads and using their police/firefighters and so on. So you are getting all the benefits of living in
    America, but not paying any taxes. Obviously, the government is not going to live with that
    situation for long. So, they ban the cryptocurrencies. The reason they have not in America yet is
    obviously because it is not big enough in the U.S.A. yet. But if it ever became big enough - of
    course they would ban them.
    So, unless cryptocurrency transactions become readable by the government (which kind of kills
    much of the point of them) - I say they will only grow so much. Sure organized criminals,
    terrorists and the black market will continue to use them - but not the masses.
    I am not saying their value will not go up. But I think that their long term future as a major,
    currency is not going to become a reality.
    BTW - one thing not often mentioned about cryptocurrencies is the tremendous amount of
    electricity it takes to transact with them. Apparently, it takes enough electricity from just ONE
    Bitcoin transaction to power 8+ American homes for an entire day!?! That is just insane.
    Apparently, Ethereum, another, very popular cryptocurrency, uses far less at only enough
    electricity to power just under 2 US homes for a day. But even so, there is no way you can have a
    major currency that takes that much power every, single time you make a transaction. That is
    crazy.
    Sorry crypto fans - without a drastic change in not just the amount of electricity they use? But
    also in various governments being able to monitor them (which - again - largely defeats the
    purpose of them, IMO)? Cryptos - as they now stand - seem doomed to end up the currency of
    the criminals, terrorists and those on the black market...and that is roughly about it.
    Getting back to COVID-19 lockdowns - there have apparently been a significant uptick in phone,
    mail and internet frauds. With all those people at home, getting those government checks...more
    fraud was inevitable.
    I am not suggesting that criminal activities alone are a huge part of the reasoning against
    lockdowns. But they are there and should not be ignored.
    5) abusive people (mostly men). We know that sexual and physical abuse has greatly increased
    due to the lockdowns. And by a huge margin, the sex that has suffered the most of that group is
    women. With abusive men at home, drinking alcohol more, frustrated/worried about their
    financial situations. These lousy humans are taking out their frustrations on the women and
    children at home with them.
    And it is not just straight violence. Sexual attacks are up as well. And again, women suffer by far
    the most in this regard as well.
    Now...saying abusive men ‘benefit’ from the lockdowns may be stretching things. But those sick
    men (and a few, sick women) who genuinely enjoy these kind of horrible ‘outlets’ have a great
    opportunity to utilize the lockdowns for such awful treatment of those whom they live with.
    And, of course, I imagine they use the threat of even more violence/abuse to get the victims to
    not report these incidents to the authorities. It is one thing to abuse someone and leave. I imagine
    it is quite another to abuse someone you live with. Especially when that person no longer leaves
    the house on any kind of a regular basis.
    I am quite certain I am missing a group of people whom are prospering due to the lockdowns at
    others expense. But the above ones were just the first few that came to me while typing this.
    Finally, I ask you to ask yourself one question about the lockdowns...whom is benefitting the
    most from them? Are the lower classes benefitting from them? Not that I can see - they are the
    ones who seem to be suffering the most from them. Are the upper classes benefitting? Major
    corporations making huge profits or being bailed out directly. Billionaires seeing huge increases
    in their net worths overall as a group? Politicians getting what they always wanted - absolute
    power over their citizens? Major bureaucrats getting more attention and power then they
    probably ever dreamed of? The MSM is seeing their ratings skyrocket thanks to the COVID-19
    panic?
    It seems pretty clear to me that the wealthy and powerful are MASSIVELY benefitting (overall)
    from the COVID-19 lockdowns. And the little guy/gal is getting screwed BIG TIME.
    Do you really think all this is a coincidence?
    Now, I have heard the theories that the virus was deliberately created for political purposes.
    Frankly, I do not believe it - it might me true; but I am going to need a TON of evidence to make
    that leap.
    No, what I think has happened is the virus began on it’s own...and it started to spread.
    Governments (for whatever reason) were hesitant to shut their borders. But once the virus had
    arrived to their countries/jurisdictions? These leaders and the MSM saw a chance to ‘have some
    fun’...and they took it. The latter panicked the people. And the former bathed in all the new
    power the scared masses gave them.
    But the corporations cried foul. And the politicians quickly bailed the ones out that needed it.
    And the ones - like Amazon - who saw an opportunity...embraced it. Amazon could have made
    Amazon Prime free/discounted for the duration of the lockdowns...or something similar as a
    gesture of aid to Americans/Canadians/whomever. But they did not. They gobbled up all the
    profits they possibly could. Now, technically, there is nothing wrong with them doing this. But
    the fact remains, they (along with many other corporations) have actually profited from the
    lockdowns.
    That is what I thought happened (until I have evidence to the contrary).
    The virus started ‘naturally’, the politicians underestimated it and let it into their countries and
    then they embraced all the power that it offered them. And all of their wealthy buddies either
    were protected or allowed to make fortunes on the misery and suffering that the lockdowns
    brought.
    Now, I am not saying governments should have put profit limits or something on corporations...I
    find those things usually just make things worse in the long run.
    But I do think that people need to realize that major politicians, major bureaucrats, major
    corporations and the mega-wealthy are all in one group...’the Untouchables’. They look out for
    each other, they barely/do not care about the masses and they will do whatever they think they
    can get away with to enhance this group. And if it comes at the expense of the masses, so what?
    It’s not that they are evil per se. They are just incredibly selfish. Just as Americans care more
    about Americans than they do Canadians. Wealthy people care more about other wealthy people
    than they do about ‘the rest’. Unfortunately, it’s just human nature at this level of our evolution.
    And you must NEVER forget that it exists.
    The wealthy DO NOT care about you unless you are wealthy to OR you have something that
    they want (like your vote). But the second they do not need that ‘something’ that you have that
    they want (like after an election) - they will go back to not giving a rat’s buttocks about you.
    Never doubt for a second that almost all the wealthy and powerful, look down on everyone else.
    And it is NOT because they are ‘evil’ (per se)...it’s because they are human.
    But never forget that...and never, EVER trust them on anything.
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-27-2022 at 01:01 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post: