Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gingrich jumps the shark

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Before Gingrich: Campaign season was a short duration prior to elections when people were bombarded with partisanship messages. Once the election was held there was a reuniting Kumbaya moment when everybody pledged support for the newly elected and America, the campaigning became a thing of the past and America went back to normalcy.

After Gingrich: Campaign season never ends. The partisan onslaught is constant, and the only difference during actual election run-ups is that it increases.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gingrich pioneered the anti-American tactic of having the Republican party united against ANYTHING Democrats do. Instead of thinking for themselves, Republicans needed to be united in ironclad opposition to Democrats.

Gingrich pioneered the idea of doing whatever it takes to prevent Democrats from governing. Instead of letting the public decide if popular Democratic policy was working or not, Gingrich wouldn't give the policy a chance. He figured the best thing for the Republican party was to undermine government while Democrats were in office to make government look bad. That way, people would be disgusted by government and blame Democrats for what he did.

If Democrats fought the way Gingrich had Republicans fight, government would be absolutely and completely dysfunctional, and the country would melt down.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.