Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, saltydancin, OG Yurt, serenity, Yakuda, ParachuteAdams and lichlord

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Backlash against Trumpist fake christians

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The gold-gilded Idol of Trump your conservative boyfriends rolled out at the CPAC conference says otherwise.

Looks like a joke to me, and I do not see anybody worshiping it!

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    The Golden Calf analogy was not lost even on the Republicans who were there.

Interesting that you support Trump wearing the American flag as underwear but not surprising.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do explain! Am I for baby killing nope, am I for coveting nope, am I pro homosexual nope. When I first got here I simply stated my beliefs on subjects and got called every name in the book! Spare me your faux Christianity!

Oh, and this sums up the Democrat voting base, and leadership for the most part! Many republican politicians also but mostly Democrats!
    2 Timothy 3:1-5
    King James Version

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    First, Matt, TOW is not a Christian.

Second, neither are you as established by your own words and lies on JPP.

Time until Wolverine/Matt Dillon justifies his actions by claiming I'm not a Christian either: 10...9...8....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not a single one I've seen acts like a Christian. Some the exact opposite of Christians. e.g. PmP.

I've seen no Christians with television shows either.
    I don't think having a cable television show is something most genuinely pious priests, vicars, rabbis, bishops, nuns aspire to.

In fact, in my estimation, the vast majority of televangelists never went to a seminary, a legitimate divinity school, or have any formal theological education at all. In their minds, any rube who has marketing talents can pick up a bible and thump it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-26-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do explain! Am I for baby killing nope, am I for coveting nope, am I pro homosexual nope. When I first got here I simply stated my beliefs on subjects and got called every name in the book! Spare me your faux Christianity!

Oh, and this sums up the Democrat voting base, and leadership for the most part! Many republican politicians also but mostly Democrats!
    2 Timothy 3:1-5
    King James Version

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    It also says in the Bible that even Satan quotes Scripture.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have zero doubt you would drop to your knees in prayer before the gold-gilded Idol of Trump.

Speaking of worship, here is an extensive list of Trump-worshippers professing their love for The Donald, and declaring they would die for him >

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...56#post4057756

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-26-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-26-2022)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

And wearing the American flag as attire. How disrespectful:

US Flag Code:

"The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). "

"The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed, or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard."

"The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."
    I don't like burnings of flags either, although it is exceedingly rare that it ever happens.

I did like my USA flag bandana, even though it supposedly is against US Code!

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think having a cable television show is something most genuinely pious priests, vicars, rabbis, bishops, nuns aspire to.

In fact, in my estimation, the vast majority of televangelists never went to a seminary, a legitimate divinity school, or have any formal theological education at all. In their minds, any rube who has marketing talents can pick up a bible and thump it.
    Me neither. Making a business out of religion strikes me as being highly anti-religious.

No license required to make a religion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022)

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    “The time is fulfilled for the German people of Hitler. It is because of Hitler that Christ, God the helper and redeemer, has become effective among us. … Hitler is the way of the Spirit and the will of God for the German people to enter the Church of Christ." So spoke German pastor Hermann Gruner. Another pastor put it more succinctly: "Christ has come to us through Adolph Hitler."

It isn’t the first time religious nuts got it wrong.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/hi...onhoeffer.html
    That's a nice article because it describes the full spectrum of the Christian experience under Hitler.

Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Franco were easily able to locate priests and pastors who would collaborate with them, or at least look the other way.

On the other hand, the article highlights the Christian opposition to Hitler in Germany. Lutheran theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer is particularly inspiring.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-26-2022)

17. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Although I tend to agree, I also think that you'll identify "true-to-heart Christians here" by their heart and by what they never say, not always by what they say.
    True to heart Christians don't use words of defamation of humanity. Like PMP calling people the c-word. They also don't carry themselves above others so blatantly as some do. Those are easy enough tells for phonies.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Cypress (01-26-2022), Doc Dutch (01-26-2022)

19. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    True to heart Christians don't use words of defamation of humanity. Like PMP calling people the c-word. They also don't carry themselves above others so blatantly as some do. Those are easy enough tells for phonies.
    Agreed. That's how I tell; a person who truly believes walks the walk. Lip-service Christians just talk the talk then spread hate and division which is obviously contrary to Christianity. It's pretty basic.

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    When He looks into your heart, Jesus weeps.

You are one of THE worst examples of Christianity on this forum, along with PiMP and Sister Stench. You are an anti-prophet, making ppl run from your god instead of coming to Him.
    Sister Stench peaches being pro-life, but also preaches that we should have ignored covid dangers and that is was worth sacrificing human lives for the sake of the economy, so Sister Stench is not to consistent.
    Lock Him Up

21. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    “The time is fulfilled for the German people of Hitler. It is because of Hitler that Christ, God the helper and redeemer, has become effective among us. … Hitler is the way of the Spirit and the will of God for the German people to enter the Church of Christ." So spoke German pastor Hermann Gruner. Another pastor put it more succinctly: "Christ has come to us through Adolph Hitler."

It isn’t the first time religious nuts got it wrong.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/hi...onhoeffer.html
    That's a nice article because it describes the full spectrum of the Christian experience under Hitler.

Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Franco were easily able to locate priests and pastors who would collaborate with them, or at least look the other way.

On the other hand, the article highlights the Christian opposition to Hitler in Germany. Lutheran theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer is particularly inspiring.
    The range of beliefs under Hitler, even after it was clear where he was taking Germany, is shocking because it parallels the movement of Christianity in America.

"Christ has come to us through Adolph Hitler."

No wonder the Evangelicals flocked to Trump. He's the Chosen One. He even said so and they supported it.

22. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christianity in this country has been corrupted, and perverted and converted into a tool for the far right to indoctrinate the not so intelligent with right wing ideology.
    Lock Him Up