Members banned from this thread: Cypress, moon, archives, Guno צְבִי, Poor Richard Saunders, Concart and BidenPresident

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't let this madman force us from our homes again say Ukrainian women

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am increasingly wondering if demanding negotiations was a check the box move....if the Russians knew that we would refuse but China demanded that they go through this process.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I agree with Legion here, and think almost everyone else does... So long as he is only talking about Ukraine. Obviously, we would fight Putin tooth and nail if he invaded a NATO country.

And here we all agree with Primavera. If Putin invades Ukraine, he will pay a high price. We cannot prevent him from doing it, but we can make it very painful to him to do so. We are not going to war over the Ukraine, but the Ukrainians definitely would go to war. And they would continue to fight for a long time.
    Before trump was ousted from office, Manafort was Putin's key player inside Ukraine.

We have to wonder who Putin is paying to infiltrate Ukraine's govt. now?

Before trump's pardon, Manafort was out of commission.

Maybe Don jr?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-23-2022), Walt (01-24-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Before trump was ousted from office, Manafort was Putin's key player inside Ukraine.

We have to wonder who Putin is paying to infiltrate Ukraine's govt. now?

Before trump's pardon, Manafort was out of commission.

Maybe Don jr?
    Fantasy....Manafort had one agenda in the years leading up to joining the Trump operation, rebuilding his career. That he joined with Trump is evidence that he was desperate, the mission was not going well. He had long been largely out of power.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    When will you learn, Tom? Use a thread ban list.
    Don't want to ban Jack, I like the bugger most of the time.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-23-2022 at 06:00 PM.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Don't want to ban Jack, I like being buggered most of the time.
    OIC.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    OIC.
    This is my ban list!

Cypress; Diesel; Evince; Gemini104104; Guno; LV426; Moon; Reagansghost; ThatOwlWoman; Jade Dragon; Trumpet; Micawber; Domer76; BartenderElite; Old Trapper; Poor Richard Saunders; Hoosier Daddy; BidenPresident; Concart; Althea

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't want to ban Jack, I like the bugger most of the time.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alt facts View Post
    trump trump

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Brexit Britain exposes EU split 'loud and clear' as UK stands up to Putin while bloc waits

THE EU's response towards the situation in Ukraine has made it "loud and clear there is no European ‘strategic autonomy' without the UK" after Brexit, a political writer has said.

In recent months, there has been a mounting military presence on the border between the two nations, and NATO fears Vladimir Putin, the Russian President, may launch a ground invasion. So far, the UK has sent military equipment to aid Ukraine and bolster its defensive capabilities.

According to Politico, behind closed doors Germany has shied away from raising tensions with Russia, and has even taken deterrents off the table – such as banning Moscow from international payments system SWIFT.

Germany is one of several European nations that relies heavily on Russian energy.

Russia has been vying for Germany and the EU to approve the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline, which would feed the fuel directly into Germany, circumventing Ukraine altogether.

Read more:
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...ion-russia-war

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brexit Britain exposes EU split 'loud and clear' as UK stands up to Putin while bloc waits

THE EU's response towards the situation in Ukraine has made it "loud and clear there is no European ‘strategic autonomy' without the UK" after Brexit, a political writer has said.

In recent months, there has been a mounting military presence on the border between the two nations, and NATO fears Vladimir Putin, the Russian President, may launch a ground invasion. So far, the UK has sent military equipment to aid Ukraine and bolster its defensive capabilities.

According to Politico, behind closed doors Germany has shied away from raising tensions with Russia, and has even taken deterrents off the table – such as banning Moscow from international payments system SWIFT.

Germany is one of several European nations that relies heavily on Russian energy.

Russia has been vying for Germany and the EU to approve the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline, which would feed the fuel directly into Germany, circumventing Ukraine altogether.

Read more:
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...ion-russia-war
    Yes. So much for a United Front.
    Will England be sending in any Tank Battalions?
    Any Rifle Soldiers?
    Any Gurkhas?

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wish I understood this deep animosity the Brits have now for the Russians....I need to launch an investigation.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe the answer is that hating on the Russians is a popular hobby.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Probably not but he'll pay a very high price for it.
    like what ? stop buying russian oil ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    like what ? stop buying russian oil ?
    There are many sanctions that have not been applied which would hurt Russia profoundly.

The bond market
    In April, the US issued a ban on US financial institutions buying new issues of Russian government bonds, which had negligible effect. Washington could go much further and sanction the secondary market in Russian bonds, where they are resold and packaged with other investments.

Nord Stream 2
    The gas pipeline from Russia to northern Europe has been completed, but it has not been certified for use by the German energy regulator. Members of the new German government coalition have expressed scepticism about the project, and it is possible it would be cancelled altogether in the event of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Sanctions on Russian corporations and banks
    “The Biden administration could impose full-blocking sanctions on large Russian banks, energy companies, or defense firms … or impose sweeping prohibitions on investment and provision of services to conventional Russian oil projects,” Fishman said. Two possible financial targets are the huge VTB Bank, and Gazprombank.

Sanctions on oligarchs and their families
    The US treasury has been hesitant to impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs, after measures taken against Oleg Deripaska had an impact on the activities of his aluminum company, Rusal, in Ireland, causing a major rift with Dublin. In the wake of an invasion, Congress is likely to add more Putin-friendly oligarchs to a blacklist to be appended to the defence budget. Family members of Putin’s circle could also be more extensively targeted.

Swift
    The biggest stick in Biden’s arsenal is the threat to have Russia excluded from the global electronic payment system, Swift, based in Belgium. It was one of the most crippling measures used against Iran, and would make Russia a pariah in international finance. Åslund described the weapon as “the sledge hammer”, possibly to be used as a last resort.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vladimir-putin

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are many sanctions that have not been applied which would hurt Russia profoundly.

The bond market
    In April, the US issued a ban on US financial institutions buying new issues of Russian government bonds, which had negligible effect. Washington could go much further and sanction the secondary market in Russian bonds, where they are resold and packaged with other investments.

Nord Stream 2
    The gas pipeline from Russia to northern Europe has been completed, but it has not been certified for use by the German energy regulator. Members of the new German government coalition have expressed scepticism about the project, and it is possible it would be cancelled altogether in the event of a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Sanctions on Russian corporations and banks
    “The Biden administration could impose full-blocking sanctions on large Russian banks, energy companies, or defense firms … or impose sweeping prohibitions on investment and provision of services to conventional Russian oil projects,” Fishman said. Two possible financial targets are the huge VTB Bank, and Gazprombank.

Sanctions on oligarchs and their families
    The US treasury has been hesitant to impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs, after measures taken against Oleg Deripaska had an impact on the activities of his aluminum company, Rusal, in Ireland, causing a major rift with Dublin. In the wake of an invasion, Congress is likely to add more Putin-friendly oligarchs to a blacklist to be appended to the defence budget. Family members of Putin’s circle could also be more extensively targeted.

Swift
    The biggest stick in Biden’s arsenal is the threat to have Russia excluded from the global electronic payment system, Swift, based in Belgium. It was one of the most crippling measures used against Iran, and would make Russia a pariah in international finance. Åslund described the weapon as “the sledge hammer”, possibly to be used as a last resort.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vladimir-putin
    all of which cause pain for us and our allies at a very precarious time for all.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.