Thread: Travel experiences

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'd sad to hear that, that they are over, but what awesome memories to have. Have you ever thought of writing down some of your experiences, or recording them, for your g-kids? I would have loved to have something like that from my parents and g-parents.
    yep recording it an plenty off photos
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-22-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was good to get outside of the insulated bubble of American experience, and get a taste of history as seen through the eyes of South Americans and eastern Europeans.
    What was one of your favorite places or experiences?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Out of the US I’ve only been to Mexico…Juarez. I was struck by the kids with funnel catchers down by the river as we walked across the bridge. Some people were tossing coins down to them. Then the people selling stuff on the streets, glass blowers and metal artists, kids driving “cabs” … those were just a few things I won’t forget. Like Rana, I wanted to buy stuff from the kids but had been told not to. I did buy a ring from a metal worker who carved my name in it after I print enter it on an old paper sack.

Then, I’ve been to Canada long enough to say I’ve set foot in Canada…but I won’t count that.

I’ve traveled all over the US, just missing a few states. Love the adventure of going other places … but love my home more.
    Do you have one place that really stands out in your memories?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

What was one of your favorite places or experiences?
    A lot I will post tomorrow, the old man is heading to bed to listen to NPR and the BBC then ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good nite

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

*sigh* Go troll somewhere else, Jack. No one cares about your attention whoring except maybe your sister whore.

It was a political commentary on Religious Quacks and the proportional level of Hatred.
    See your pals TDAK and Volsrock? Both Religious Quacks. Both consumed with Hatred. Guno. Another Religious Quack. Again, ... consumed with Hatred.

Oh Pumpkin. If I was 'Attention Whoring', I would talk about going up the Amazon River and asking the Villagers about swimming, where a little boy made a gesture with his hand, moving his fingers and thumb together, making me think 'Piranhas'. Or sitting in a Club in Cairo watching the Belly Dancers, when 4 Locals sucking on a Hookah Pipe, kept starring at us as though they were pissed about Anglos thinking impure thoughts about their women, ... and the Taxi Driver telling us "We should leave". Or smoking Thai weed at the Grotto in Saipan. Super clear water and a large tunnel leading out to the sea.

But that would distract from the Theme: 'Religious Quacks and Hatred'.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Do you have one place that really stands out in your memories?
    Several places I have been stand out. Pretty much any mountain I’ve visited I have loved. Smokey’s, Rockies, Sierra Nevadas…all awesome. Of course something like the Grand Canyon is tremendous, but then Bryce Canyon and Arches National park were surprisingly, interestingly scenic. Loved visiting the Giant Sequoias and Yosemite in California so much I’ve been there multiple times. Then the trip last summer to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire was as great as I thought it would be. Cadillac mountain, the dog train up Mount Washington and the ocean as pretty and blue as I’ve ever seen. I’m not much of a beach guy (unless I’m fishing ) so the ocean access and activities in Maine was right down my ally.

I guess the stand out was the activities and scenery around Jackson Hole, WY. We drove from Yellowstone through the snow-capped Tetons down to Jackson Hole, I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Then the activities…the mountains for hiking, lots of trout streams and for a tourist town Jackson Hole itself wasn’t too bad. I was pleasantly surprised with that leg of that trip. If I was a winter traveler I’d go there during ski season and see if they’d let an old fella on the bunny slopes to learn how to ski.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (01-22-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    [B]It was a political commentary on Religious Quacks and the proportional level of Hatred.
    See your pals TDAK and Volsrock? Both Religious Quacks. Both consumed with Hatred. Guno. Another Religious Quack. Again, ... consumed with Hatred.
    The OP is about travel. You just brought your obsession with religion here to attention whore. Fuck off, darling, and do have a lovely night.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Several places I have been stand out. Pretty much any mountain I’ve visited I have loved. Smokey’s, Rockies, Sierra Nevadas…all awesome. Of course something like the Grand Canyon is tremendous, but then Bryce Canyon and Arches National park were surprisingly, interestingly scenic. Loved visiting the Giant Sequoias and Yosemite in California so much I’ve been there multiple times. Then the trip last summer to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire was as great as I thought it would be. Cadillac mountain, the dog train up Mount Washington and the ocean as pretty and blue as I’ve ever seen. I’m not much of a beach guy (unless I’m fishing ) so the ocean access and activities in Maine was right down my ally.

I guess the stand out was the activities and scenery around Jackson Hole, WY. We drove from Yellowstone through the snow-capped Tetons down to Jackson Hole, I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Then the activities…the mountains for hiking, lots of trout streams and for a tourist town Jackson Hole itself wasn’t too bad. I was pleasantly surprised with that leg of that trip. If I was a winter traveler I’d go there during ski season and see if they’d let an old fella on the bunny slopes to learn how to ski.
    I'm sure they would. How lovely! You've really done some traveling around our amazing nation. What did you think of Vermont? Two of my girls live there. We've been to Stowe, the Ben and Jerry's place, Cabot Cheese, the Northeast Kingdom, Burlington of course.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The OP is about travel. You just brought your obsession with religion here to attention whore. Fuck off, darling, and do have a lovely night.
    Thanks. I see this as a Political Forum. An expression of 'Americana'. I see the 'divide'. It's a Cultural War. 'Hate' seems to be the only thing in common. A SAD COMMENTARY OF WHERE WE ARE.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks. I see this as a Political Forum. An expression of 'Americana'. I see the 'divide'. It's a Cultural War. 'Hate' seems to be the only thing in common. A SAD COMMENTARY OF WHERE WE ARE.
    Then go find another thread to exercise your rancor on. This one is about travel.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then go find another thread to exercise your rancor on. This one is about travel.
    ^That's called 'Road Bossing'
    (Jack don't play that)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I'm sure they would. How lovely! You've really done some traveling around our amazing nation. What did you think of Vermont? Two of my girls live there. We've been to Stowe, the Ben and Jerry's place, Cabot Cheese, the Northeast Kingdom, Burlington of course.
    We loved Vermont. We drove around letting my wife get pictures of the covered bridges, visited some maple syrup making places (had some shipped home), also swung by Ben and Jerry’s, spent the night in Burlington. It was all great.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-23-2022)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,029 Times in 6,223 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

^That's called 'Road Bossing'
    (Jack don't play that)
    Jack don't play will be Jack don't post if you get retro-banned again. I thought you liked travel.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022), Jack (01-22-2022)

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Jack don't play will be Jack don't post if you get retro-banned again. I thought you liked travel.
    (TOP told me Owl was easy ... I just didn't know THIS easy) shhh ... let's just keep this between ourselves, you know, 'TOP Secret' ... 'Need to Know'. (wink)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,113 Times in 12,638 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I flew from Frankfurt to NY on a Pan Am 747 less than a month from their final flight.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!