Thread: Travel experiences

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Airline flights. Mostly to the business centers such as Aguascalientes, Leon, Puebla, Monterrey, Chihuahua, San Luis Potosi, Querétaro and a few others.

The food was great everywhere but easier to access depending up on which city and hotel we were assigned. Chihuahua and San Luis Potosi were favorites of mine for that reason.
    Were you a pilot? I always wanted a job that included travel. Until I had kids, anyway.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Airline flights. Mostly to the business centers such as Aguascalientes, Leon, Puebla, Monterrey, Chihuahua, San Luis Potosi, Querétaro and a few others.

The food was great everywhere but easier to access depending up on which city and hotel we were assigned. Chihuahua and San Luis Potosi were favorites of mine for that reason.
    Riding down the industrial area in Monterrey saw all the company's/ factories that used to be in the US, really surreal
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-24-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-24-2022)

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,622 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Were you a pilot? I always wanted a job that included travel. Until I had kids, anyway.
    Yes. Started out as a military helicopter pilot, became a military fixed wing flight instructor and, upon leaving the service, became an airline pilot. It was a good life but not for everyone. I'd be gone for 3 nights a week about 48 weeks every year for 28 years.

Those were four-day trips, which were easy despite not being home half the week. I'd drive an hour each way once a week. Others preferred shorter trips, more driving but more time at home. They'd either fly one-day trips, which often were 12 hour days 3-4 days a week or two-day back-to-back trips, out for an overnight, come home, go back and do it again.

Three-day trips were good but often long days. Worth it if followed by four days off. I usually flew four days on, three days off but was senior enough to pick a late show on Day 1 (late morning/early afternoon) and an early get-off on Day 4. Easier schedule and a lot of time off.

Other airlines varied. One international charter airline, Tower Air, was nicknamed "Take Off Without Ever Returning" because they'd be gone for a few weeks before returning home for a few days. Their "days off" were 2-3 days in Riyadh or some other major city on that continent. Cargo guys had a similar schedule; often two weeks on, two weeks off with FAA mandatory time off in foreign cities for a couple days.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jarod (01-24-2022)

6. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,622 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Riding down the industrial area in Monterrey saw all the company's/ factories that used to be in the US, really surreal
    LOL We flew a lot of Japanese and German auto manufacturing execs and a few American ones. People would ask if I flew to Cancun or Acapulco and I'd say "No, just to the Nissan and GM factories". LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-24-2022)

8. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who travel are exposed to different cultures and experiences especially traveling outside of the U.S.

Post your travel and experiences and how it changed your outlook
    Well, you SURE as shit have never left your mothers back yard. You welfare collecting lying asshole.

9. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

In the navy saw a lot of Asia Japan and Taiwan and the Philippines , in Europe Italy , France England and Scotland . in the Mediterranean Greece . but all of those didn't really get to roam around other then short term controlled site seeing.

Wasn't til later on business in the 90's and early 2000's saw and spent some time in Switzerland ,Austria, Germany, Poland, Japan ,China , Mexico and Canada

I also made a few trips to Israel , the last time being before COVID hit

In 2016 I went to Cuba for a couple of weeks when travel was opened up by Obama , Great people and culture!!

-Really fortunate to meet some interesting people and experience different cultures

Now my travel days are over
    You are 100% full of shit Guno. I mean a true pathological liar. Seriously, seek mental help. Better yet be man enough to just kill yourself.