1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default COVID Is The Number One Cause Of Police Deaths

COVID is leading cause of death among police officers

"The pandemic has taken a devastating toll on police departments across the country. COVID-19 is now killing more law enforcement officers than any other threat they face in the line of duty — 716 officers have died since March 2020, according to the Fraternal Order of Police.

Still, there is a reluctance among law enforcement to get vaccinated. "

You can't tell them what to do. They are the ones on the power trip. They are gonna tell YOU what to do.

They are the ones who are always supposed to know what people should do.

But they are making the wrong decision about what they should do because they are acting on bad information, common in the Trump Party.

So wrong, it's like Darwin Award wrong.

Sad.

Our nation needs to fix this...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Kayleigh Cockburn's police officer father, Christopher, lost his battle against COVID-19 last month. Cockburn said her father loved his job of more than 30 years. Their family found out he had COVID-19 on her 30th birthday, and he died exactly a month later at the age of 59.

"I miss him a lot," she said. " -op link
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Powell had previously served with the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office for one year each.

He is survived by his wife and five children.

At least three other law enforcement officers in Colorado have died from complications of contracting COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic: El Paso County Sheriff Deputy Jeffery Christopher Hopkins and deputies James Herrera and Daniel “Duke” Trujillo, both who worked for the Denver Sheriff Department.

The Officer Down Memorial Page states COVID-19 has been the no. 1 killer of law enforcement officers across the country in 2020 and 2021.

“Getting vaccinated is just as important as wearing your vest and your seatbelt,” the website states. It encourages law enforcement officers to talk with their doctors about the COVID-19 vaccine “to see if vaccination is right for you.”

Since the start of the pandemic, 551 law enforcement officers in the U.S. have died after contracting the novel virus, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page."

Windsor police officer dies after contracting COVID-19, leaves behind wife and 5 children
    Memorial Page: COVID-19 has been no. 1 killer of law enforcement officers for the past 2 years

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Investigator Steven Finley died as a result of contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty.

Investigator Finley was a United States Army veteran and had served with the Madison County Sheriff's Office for 29 years. He is survived by his wife.

Beginning in early 2020, due to the requirements of their job, thousands of law enforcement officers and other first responders throughout the United States contracted COVID-19 during the worldwide pandemic. Hundreds of law enforcement officers died from medical complications as a result of contracting the virus while remaining on duty and interacting with the community."

Officer Down

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

COVID Is The Number One Cause Of Police Deaths.

And for some reason, they will not get vaccinated. They learn to shoot. They wear body armor. They protect one another from threats. But they will not protect themselves from the one killer that takes the most officers.

"Deputy Sheriff Mike Queeney died from complications as a result of contracting COVID-19 while assigned to Civil Process at the Will County Courthouse at 100 West Jefferson Street in Joliet.

Deputy Queeney had served with the Will County Sheriff's Office for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and five children."

48 years old

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

"The pandemic has taken a devastating toll on police departments across the country. COVID-19 is now killing more law enforcement officers than any other threat they face in the line of duty — 716 officers have died since March 2020, according to the Fraternal Order of Police.

You can't tell them what to do. They are the ones on the power trip. They are gonna tell YOU what to do.

But they are making the wrong decision about what they should do because they are acting on bad information, common in the Trump Party.

Sad.

I guess that makes it easier for the evil leftist pricks to refund the police

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad.

is this your way of dodging the news about cops being murdered by the Demmycrat base?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

COVID Is The Number One Cause Of Police Deaths.

And for some reason, they will not get vaccinated. They learn to shoot. They wear body armor. They protect one another from threats. But they will not protect themselves from the one killer that takes the most officers.

"Deputy Sheriff Mike Queeney died from complications as a result of contracting COVID-19 while assigned to Civil Process at the Will County Courthouse at 100 West Jefferson Street in Joliet.

Deputy Queeney had served with the Will County Sheriff's Office for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and five children."

48 years old
    Ever read New Hampshire's licence plate? I know this is a shock to leftist imbeciles but decent people in the world prefer freedom to totalitarianism even if that means dying.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Into the Night (01-29-2022)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5 kids gonna grow up without a daddy because he got a preventable disease and died in his 40's.

If blacks were gunning down police at this rate, Republicans would be raising a furor.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

COVID Is STILL The Number One Cause Of Police Deaths

Force police to respect themselves and their families.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a very sad statistic. Especially when these deaths were probably nearly all preventable. Anyone who comes in constant contact with the public should be vaccinated not just for their own safety but for that of the citizens they contact.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-26-2022)

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What a very sad statistic. Especially when these deaths were probably nearly all preventable. Anyone who comes in constant contact with the public should be vaccinated not just for their own safety but for that of the citizens they contact.
    That makes so much SENSE!

Which, of course, means Republicans will be totally against it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-26-2022)

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,127 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad.

no it isn't.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

American Police have been compromised. Police forces everywhere have been infiltrated with extremists and racists.

The very fact that they refuse to take the jab to protect the public shows it.

Anybody who really wanted to risk their own life to protect the public would accept being vaccinated for COVID-19.

It is a basic violation of primary policing mission.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well we know that an overwhelming majority of police officers killed by the pandemic foolishly chose to be unvaccinated.

What a dumb choice for someone who regularly has so much contact with the public.

Also consider this.

For every unvaccinated police officer who died from COVID-19, many many more did not die. Instead, they went merrily on their way, infecting other Americans and not even knowing how many deaths they caused with such irresponsible behavior.