Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump’s “Find the Votes” Call to Georgia SoS May Be About to Bite Him in the Ass

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,411 Times in 6,064 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 606 Times in 570 Posts

Default Trump’s “Find the Votes” Call to Georgia SoS May Be About to Bite Him in the Ass

TRUMP IS SOOOO FUCKED!!!!

Hey, remember when Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, but refused to admit it? And, among other things, pressured local officials to just change their results in his favor? Including calling Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger and demanding the guy simply “find” the 11,780 votes necessary for him to beat Joe Biden there? And suggesting something bad might happen to Raffensperger if he didn’t follow through on the demand? It turns out Georgia prosecutors think all that is worth looking into.

A district attorney in Atlanta on Thursday asked a judge to convene a special grand jury to help investigate former president Donald J. Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia. The request from the district attorney in Fulton County, Fani T. Willis, whose inquiry is seen by legal experts as potentially perilous for the former president, had been expected because crucial witnesses had refused to participate voluntarily—as has been the case with many investigations into Mr. Trump’s actions. A grand jury could issue subpoenas compelling them to provide information.
    The distinction of a special grand jury is that it would focus exclusively on the Trump investigation, whereas regular grand juries handle many cases and cannot spend as much time on a single one. The Georgia case is one of two active criminal investigations known to involve the former president and his circle; the other is an examination of his financial dealings by the Manhattan district attorney.

“The District Attorney’s Office has received information indicating a reasonable probability that the State of Georgia’s administration of elections in 2020, including the State’s election of the President of the United States, was subject to possible criminal disruptions,” Willis wrote in the letter to Christopher Brasher, the chief judge of the Fulton County Superior Court.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (01-21-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,420 Times in 8,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,734 Times in 2,537 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

It's pretty embarrassing for the Republic that someone can have a conversation like that on tape, and still be considered as a serious candidate for the President in 2024.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,664 Times in 10,713 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    TRUMP IS SOOOO FUCKED!!!!

Hey, remember when Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, but refused to admit it? And, among other things, pressured local officials to just change their results in his favor? Including calling Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger and demanding the guy simply “find” the 11,780 votes necessary for him to beat Joe Biden there? And suggesting something bad might happen to Raffensperger if he didn’t follow through on the demand? It turns out Georgia prosecutors think all that is worth looking into.

A district attorney in Atlanta on Thursday asked a judge to convene a special grand jury to help investigate former president Donald J. Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia. The request from the district attorney in Fulton County, Fani T. Willis, whose inquiry is seen by legal experts as potentially perilous for the former president, had been expected because crucial witnesses had refused to participate voluntarily—as has been the case with many investigations into Mr. Trump’s actions. A grand jury could issue subpoenas compelling them to provide information.
    The distinction of a special grand jury is that it would focus exclusively on the Trump investigation, whereas regular grand juries handle many cases and cannot spend as much time on a single one. The Georgia case is one of two active criminal investigations known to involve the former president and his circle; the other is an examination of his financial dealings by the Manhattan district attorney.

“The District Attorney’s Office has received information indicating a reasonable probability that the State of Georgia’s administration of elections in 2020, including the State’s election of the President of the United States, was subject to possible criminal disruptions,” Willis wrote in the letter to Christopher Brasher, the chief judge of the Fulton County Superior Court.

HARDLY. IT's already been debunked by the then-Sec. of State in Georgia.

Keep dreaming and making up silliass bullshit...it's funny to watch.

NOVEMBER WILL BE HRER BEFORE YOU KNOW IT...

WHY ARE THE DUNCE-O-CRATS STILL HYSTERICAL OVER TRUMP, INSTEAD OF POSTING ABOUT ALL OF PRES. MORON the BALL-LESS' "ACCOMPISHMENTS"?

RHETORICAL QUESTION...WE KNOW WHY...

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It's pretty embarrassing for the Republic that someone can have a conversation like that on tape, and still be considered as a serious candidate for the President in 2024.
    Yep, just proves there's a lot of TrumpTard morons in America. Sad.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

BartenderElite (01-22-2022)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't it though? Makes you wonder just WTF is wrong with ppl in this country.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

BartenderElite (01-22-2022)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Yep, just proves there's a lot of TrumpTard morons in America. Sad.
    I started thinking about the whole thing in terms of a politician I thought was great. Obama, to me, was a transformational leader. He didn't handle everything perfectly or anything like that, but his leadership style and intelligence were exactly what I look for in a world leader. I'd vote for him again & again if I could.

But if there was even one thing like the "find me votes" call on tape from him? I'd be like, oh man - this guy is a lunatic. How did I get so fooled?

And the call was just 1 of dozens of things that happened since election eve. But the people who thought he was great can't break out of that. They see it and it rolls off of their minds like water droplets on a raincoat.

Trump was right about his supporters with his "5th Avenue" comment. They have lost the ability to think & reason. Or maybe they never had it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (01-23-2022)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I started thinking about the whole thing in terms of a politician I thought was great. Obama, to me, was a transformational leader. He didn't handle everything perfectly or anything like that, but his leadership style and intelligence were exactly what I look for in a world leader. I'd vote for him again & again if I could.

But if there was even one thing like the "find me votes" call on tape from him? I'd be like, oh man - this guy is a lunatic. How did I get so fooled?

And the call was just 1 of dozens of things that happened since election eve. But the people who thought he was great can't break out of that. They see it and it rolls off of their minds like water droplets on a raincoat.

Trump was right about his supporters with his "5th Avenue" comment. They have lost the ability to think & reason. Or maybe they never had it.
    Part of it is they don't want to admit they were stupid enough to fall for his scams. I had a friend in college who lost $2 grand in a Ponzi Pyramid scheme. Whenever anybody asked him about it, he just called it a "Bad Investment". He was too embarrassed to admit he got scammed because it would make him look like a pure idiot.

That's why these TrumpTards keep insisting that the 2020 election was stolen, the Jan 6 Capitol Insurrection WASN'T an insurrection and that Trump has never done anything illegal (including the Georgia phone call).
    Saying anything else will make them look like fucking gullible, naive morons, which they are.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Isn't it though? Makes you wonder just WTF is wrong with ppl in this country.
    It just proves there's enough fucking stupid, naive, gullible people in America to keep sleazy Used Car Salesmen in business for life.
    Trump must wake up laughing after seeing how easy it was to scam so many of his fucking moronic cult:

Trump’s campaign suckered donors out of tens of millions of dollars. The scam was not complicated. When people gave them money online, the donations came with pre-checked boxes authorizing the campaign to take donations every single week. They needed to uncheck the box to stop the automatic transfer. At first the auto-checked box simply said, “Make this a recurring monthly donation.” Then it added, “Make this a recurring weekly donation until 11/3,” with a second box below it, with even more text, authorizing an additional one-time $100 donation on September 29. Ultimately, the messages included two text-heavy boxes, filled with boldfaced, all-caps slogans, with a much less conspicuous line at the bottom informing whoever had made it through this mini op-ed that they were authorizing the campaign to drain their bank account.

I bet Thaddeus has sent Trump thousands after getting a 2nd mortgage on his double-wide.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-23-2022)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It just proves there's enough fucking stupid, naive, gullible people in America to keep sleazy Used Car Salesmen in business for life.
    Trump must wake up laughing after seeing how easy it was to scam so many of his fucking moronic cult:

Trump’s campaign suckered donors out of tens of millions of dollars. The scam was not complicated. When people gave them money online, the donations came with pre-checked boxes authorizing the campaign to take donations every single week. They needed to uncheck the box to stop the automatic transfer. At first the auto-checked box simply said, “Make this a recurring monthly donation.” Then it added, “Make this a recurring weekly donation until 11/3,” with a second box below it, with even more text, authorizing an additional one-time $100 donation on September 29. Ultimately, the messages included two text-heavy boxes, filled with boldfaced, all-caps slogans, with a much less conspicuous line at the bottom informing whoever had made it through this mini op-ed that they were authorizing the campaign to drain their bank account.

I bet Thaddeus has sent Trump thousands after getting a 2nd mortgage on his double-wide.

Bet he's not the only one on JPP to fall for it, either. What dept. of the govt. has jurisdiction over these scams? FTC?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Bet he's not the only one on JPP to fall for it, either. What dept. of the govt. has jurisdiction over these scams? FTC?
    Not sure but there needs to be more oversight. The World-Class Charlatans like Trump will continue to prey on the weak-minded.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-23-2022)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,664 Times in 10,713 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRY TO KEEP UP, DIPSHITS.

Washington Post adds lengthy correction to report on Trump call with Georgia elections investigator

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...p-georgia-call
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not sure but there needs to be more oversight. The World-Class Charlatans like Trump will continue to prey on the weak-minded.
    I don't really give a shit about the ones who are still working and sending him their hard-earned cash. I do feel bad though for the elderly who can't afford to be ripped off.

When my M.I.L. had to go into a nursing home due to dementia, Mr. Owl was her medical and financial power of attorney person. He had all her bills and tax stuff sent to us. I was organizing her stuff one day and wondering why we had just gotten a credit card statement with a balance for her, since she had been a resident there for some months. It turned out that she had once donated to some charity, and checked one of those boxes, so every month for YEARS she was inadvertently donating $9.99 to them every month.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (01-24-2022)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Washington Post adds lengthy correction to report on Trump call with Georgia elections investigator
    What about Trump's call to Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger telling him how many votes to 'find'? Has there been a lengthy correction to that?

The audiotape THAT WE ALL HEARD was faked, maybe?