Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,225 Times in 13,957 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Default This one is too funny to be believed even for Florida;

"Florida bill aims to shield whites from ‘discomfort’ of nation’s racist past"

"A bill pushed by Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that would prohibit public schools and private businesses from making white people feel discomfort when they teach students or train employees about discrimination in the nation’s past received its first approval Tuesday."

"Democrats argued the bill isn’t needed, would lead to frivolous lawsuits and said it would amount to censorship in schools. They asked, without success, for real-life examples of teachers or businesses telling students or employees that they are racist because of their race."

"The bill reads, “An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex. An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race.”

"The bill is called “Individual Freedom.”

https://www.14news.com/2022/01/19/fl...t-racist-past/

Got to love the "Individual Freedom" bit, the right sure loves throwing around the word "freedom," they've managed to turn an abstract concept into a bumper sticker cliché

You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see DeSantis blowing the dog whistles here, echoing the same CRT crap over and over again. I never knew that white people felt uncomfortable over events occurring in our nation's history, least not to the extent that they needed a law banning making them feel uncomfortable

Beautiful

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-20-2022), christiefan915 (01-20-2022), Darla (01-20-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-20-2022), PoliTalker (01-21-2022)