1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Think those kids will hunt her down and break her kneecaps?

Too many people think killing is the answer, but it isn't.

Personally, I'd never murder anybody. Kneecapping, however, is another conversation. There's a reason why the Cosa Nostra favored it.
    I can't support that.

The thing about retribution is the same with revenge.

Doing something to somebody else to 'get even' is wrong.

That's how antifa thinks.

We have to rely on our institutions for justice.

That is why it is so important that we have confidence in our institutions, why hating the government is wrong.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch,

I can't support that.

The thing about retribution is the same with revenge.

Doing something to somebody else to 'get even' is wrong.

That's how antifa thinks.

We have to rely on our institutions for justice.

That is why it is so important that we have confidence in our institutions, why hating the government is wrong.
    To be perfectly clear; I fully support using all legal means first....but I understand how young minds work.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

To be perfectly clear; I fully support using all legal means first....but I understand how young minds work.
    One of our country's biggest problems is there are too many immature 'young minds' in old bodies.

Some people get wiser in time. Others are unable to achieve wisdom because their big egos will not let them admit it when they are wrong. (Or when they lose presidential elections.)

Since they deprive themselves of a valuable lesson every time they do that, they remain locked in immaturity.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

I bet you do! Looks like yours is 11 or 12!

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

One of our country's biggest problems is there are too many immature 'young minds' in old bodies.

Some people get wiser in time. Others are unable to achieve wisdom because their big egos will not let them admit it when they are wrong. (Or when they lose presidential elections.)

Since they deprive themselves of a valuable lesson every time they do that, they remain locked in immaturity.
    What is the Final Solution for stupidity in America?

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

There is no final solution. We live in an analog world. Education needs to teach young people how to differentiate between real news and fake news, and between opinion and fact, to push the needle back towards sanity and rationality.

If that were being done, DJT would never have been elected.

America is failing to teach young people how precious this nation is, and that it must not be taken for granted.

We all have to work to manage our government. We are a self-governed nation. Too many people do not place a priority on being well informed, and they don't know how to be well informed. They fall for disinformation, of which there is plenty. Mature sane compassionate minds do not fall for the hate propaganda so popular with the right.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

There is no final solution. We live in an analog world. Education needs to teach young people how to differentiate between real news and fake news, and between opinion and fact, to push the needle back towards sanity and rationality.

If that were being done, DJT would never have been elected.

America is failing to teach young people how precious this nation is, and that it must not be taken for granted.

We all have to work to manage our government. We are a self-governed nation. Too many people do not place a priority on being well informed, and they don't know how to be well informed. They fall for disinformation, of which there is plenty. Mature sane compassionate minds do not fall for the hate propaganda so popular with the right.
    What about genetic manipulation to correct all the less-than-optimal genes in embryos?

Are all people really equal genetically at birth and grow stupid? Or are some just stupid?

Yes, there are some who are average and poorly educated. That can be fixed with education as children, but 40 year old adults and older? As this forum proves, they don't want to learn.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

What about genetic manipulation to correct all the less-than-optimal genes in embryos?

Are all people really equal genetically at birth and grow stupid? Or are some just stupid?

Yes, there are some who are average and poorly educated. That can be fixed with education as children, but 40 year old adults and older? As this forum proves, they don't want to learn.

I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. It is a matter of morals and maturity.

You know a lot of those January 6th insurrectionists had good jobs and good lives. Why would they want to risk all that for a conspiracy theory about a 'stolen election?'

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. It is a matter of morals and maturity.

You know a lot of those January 6th insurrectionists had good jobs and good lives. Why would they want to risk all that for a conspiracy theory about a 'stolen election?'
    Yes that morals and maturity matter, but intelligence is a driving factor. Except in Hollywood movies, how many Idiots are moral and mature?

TBH, it's more a factor of mental health, which affects people of all educations, intelligence, cultures, etc. Ted Bundy and Ted Kaczynski were not dummies but they were completely insane.

The people at 1/6? Most of them are on the low end of all the factors we've discussed. 2/3s had previous mental issues and a similar number had severe financial issues such as bankruptcy, overwhelming debt, unemployment, etc. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/qa...sm-11616703136

The financial difficulties correlate with mental issues as an effect. People have money problems but mentally ill people often have a lot of money problems.

https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/7-reas...treatment.html
    7 Reasons Mental Health Issues And Financial Issues Tend to Go Hand-in-Hand
    ...Research shows financial issues and mental health problems often go hand-in-hand...

..One study found that individuals with depression and anxiety were three times more likely to be in debt. Other studies have even found a link between debt and suicide.

A slight decline in mental health (long before you’d meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental illness) can be linked to increased financial stress. And increased stress can lead to poorer mental health.

Think of psychological well-being as a continuum. On one end of the spectrum is mental health. On the other end is mental illness..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-23-2022)

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    How does an opinion contract my claim?

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Yes that morals and maturity matter, but intelligence is a driving factor. Except in Hollywood movies, how many Idiots are moral and mature?

TBH, it's more a factor of mental health, which affects people of all educations, intelligence, cultures, etc. Ted Bundy and Ted Kaczynski were not dummies but they were completely insane.

The people at 1/6? Most of them are on the low end of all the factors we've discussed. 2/3s had previous mental issues and a similar number had severe financial issues such as bankruptcy, overwhelming debt, unemployment, etc. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/qa...sm-11616703136

The financial difficulties correlate with mental issues as an effect. People have money problems but mentally ill people often have a lot of money problems.

https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/7-reas...treatment.html
    7 Reasons Mental Health Issues And Financial Issues Tend to Go Hand-in-Hand
    ...Research shows financial issues and mental health problems often go hand-in-hand...

..One study found that individuals with depression and anxiety were three times more likely to be in debt. Other studies have even found a link between debt and suicide.

A slight decline in mental health (long before you’d meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental illness) can be linked to increased financial stress. And increased stress can lead to poorer mental health.

Think of psychological well-being as a continuum. On one end of the spectrum is mental health. On the other end is mental illness..
    Interesting, from your link:

"Depressed, narcissistic and emotionally detached people are also prone to have a conspiratorial mindset. Likewise, people who exhibit odd, eccentric, suspicious and paranoid behavior – and who are manipulative, irresponsible and low on empathy – are more likely to believe conspiracy theories."

I think you've struck on something.

"The isolation of the lockdowns, compounded by the anxiety related to COVID and the economic uncertainty, made a bad situation worse. Self-reported anxiety and depression quadrupled during the quarantine and now affects as much as 40% of the U.S. population."

That makes sense. Everybody has been impacted by the pandemic. The mentally strong are able to weather it OK. For those who were on the edge going into the pandemic, having the whole world in this crisis pushed them over. If their own financial situation also melted down along the way, they had to be feeling like the whole world was coming apart, and that they no longer had anything to lose.

It's not an issue of intelligence at all. It's mental health. It was desperate people trying to take control of the world in their view.

No wonder it was such a freaking circus. We had a lot of mentally disturbed people seeking guidance from the most mentally disturbed president ever. They were led astray!

And the insurrection was totally Trump's fault. They sought leadership in a narcissistic con man, and they got conned into attacking the capitol. Naturally, he tried to cover his tracks by sending mixed messages. He told them to use force and 'peacefully' fight like hell or they wouldn't have a country. He thinks tossing in the word peaceful let's him off the hook. I do not believe it should.

Trump incited the insurrection.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-23-2022)

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

As if they are still looking to see if there are any more than 50 ways of fabricated misnomers for Mengele "Angel of Death" pseudoscience medical procedures in Federal Lynching enforcement of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists of SCOTUS supreme swastika up Uranus interpretation "one nation under God with equal justice under law" to protect & serve Islam fabricated medical pseudoscience virgin Mary misnomer immaculate Jesus the Christ son of Allah conception in their not so master race Christiananality pedophilia national religion for a final master plan solution.....

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Interesting, from your link:

"Depressed, narcissistic and emotionally detached people are also prone to have a conspiratorial mindset. Likewise, people who exhibit odd, eccentric, suspicious and paranoid behavior – and who are manipulative, irresponsible and low on empathy – are more likely to believe conspiracy theories."

I think you've struck on something.

"The isolation of the lockdowns, compounded by the anxiety related to COVID and the economic uncertainty, made a bad situation worse. Self-reported anxiety and depression quadrupled during the quarantine and now affects as much as 40% of the U.S. population."

That makes sense. Everybody has been impacted by the pandemic. The mentally strong are able to weather it OK. For those who were on the edge going into the pandemic, having the whole world in this crisis pushed them over. If their own financial situation also melted down along the way, they had to be feeling like the whole world was coming apart, and that they no longer had anything to lose.

It's not an issue of intelligence at all. It's mental health. It was desperate people trying to take control of the world in their view.

No wonder it was such a freaking circus. We had a lot of mentally disturbed people seeking guidance from the most mentally disturbed president ever. They were led astray!

And the insurrection was totally Trump's fault. They sought leadership in a narcissistic con man, and they got conned into attacking the capitol. Naturally, he tried to cover his tracks by sending mixed messages. He told them to use force and 'peacefully' fight like hell or they wouldn't have a country. He thinks tossing in the word peaceful let's him off the hook. I do not believe it should.

Trump incited the insurrection.
    Agreed...and national leaders continue to push lies which feed the conspiracy theorist nutjobs.

Remember how RWers called Democrats who voted the party line "Sheeple"? They were projecting. They are the Sheeple and they were being fleeced by their elected leadership.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-23-2022)

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed...and national leaders continue to push lies which feed the conspiracy theorist nutjobs.

Remember how RWers called Democrats who voted the party line "Sheeple"? They were projecting. They are the Sheeple and they were being fleeced by their elected leadership.

There is a reason Trump loves the poorly educated.

Apparently he loves the mentally disturbed even more!

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is a reason Trump loves the poorly educated.

Apparently he loves the mentally disturbed even more!
    Agreed. They are simpatico. Look closely at who on JPP is a die-hard fan of anything, be it Trump, Bush, Hillary or Biden. Those are the wackadoodles.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-23-2022)