Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Passenger Refuses to Wear Mask, Exposes Himself, Throws Can on 8-Hour Flight:

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,546 Times in 14,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Delta Passenger Refuses to Wear Mask, Exposes Himself, Throws Can on 8-Hour Flight:

Delta Airlines passenger could spend years in prison after causing numerous disturbances on a recent flight from Ireland to the U.S.

On January 7, Shane McInerney, 29, was traveling from Dublin to New York City when he allegedly refused to comply with a mask mandate despite repeated insistence from the crew.

At one point, after complaining about the food served during the flight, McInerney got out of his seat and pulled down his pants, exposing his buttocks to other passengers and members of the flight crew, according to Sky News, which reported on legal papers filed in New York. McInerney allegedly became belligerent when confronted by the pilot and threw a can that struck another passenger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ort/ar-AAT2yj3
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-22-2022), signalmankenneth (01-22-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Should have shown his arrest warrant. They would have left him alone...

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Often alcohol is involved. Throwing a can makes me think that alcohol may have been involved here too.

I enjoy the rare beer myself, and even going to a bar, but I do not think alcohol should be served on planes. At a bar you can always throw a customer out, but in a plane, you can be stuck with that passenger in tight quarters for hours. It just seems like a bad idea. I would include an absolute ban on drinking alcohol in airports, and refusal of entrance to anyone who is drunk.

There will still be violent, stupid people on planes, but noticeably fewer.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Often alcohol is involved. Throwing a can makes me think that alcohol may have been involved here too.

I enjoy the rare beer myself, and even going to a bar, but I do not think alcohol should be served on planes. At a bar you can always throw a customer out, but in a plane, you can be stuck with that passenger in tight quarters for hours. It just seems like a bad idea. I would include an absolute ban on drinking alcohol in airports, and refusal of entrance to anyone who is drunk.

Yes, I’ve been on flights where they were plastered before boarding. But I do agree with you.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,639 Times in 51,924 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Should have shown his arrest warrant. They would have left him alone...
    WTF does that even mean? That he was a seditionist and allowed to do whatever he likes regardless of the rights of others?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not sure about international, but alcohol sales have been limited during the pandemic. You're right, it's usually the #1 cause for inflight disturbances.

FWIW, I hope the asshole does some time in lockup but I doubt he will. He'll certainly be on a lot of internal airline no-fly lists. LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Delta Airlines passenger could spend years in prison after causing numerous disturbances on a recent flight from Ireland to the U.S.

On January 7, Shane McInerney, 29, was traveling from Dublin to New York City when he allegedly refused to comply with a mask mandate despite repeated insistence from the crew.

At one point, after complaining about the food served during the flight, McInerney got out of his seat and pulled down his pants, exposing his buttocks to other passengers and members of the flight crew, according to Sky News, which reported on legal papers filed in New York. McInerney allegedly became belligerent when confronted by the pilot and threw a can that struck another passenger.

dublin!!!.....another violent whiteman He should be immedately deported rolling eyes!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Yes, I’ve been on flights where they were plastered before boarding. But I do agree with you.
    I have been on flights where passengers have shown up at the airport drunk. I have been on flights where the passengers got drunk at the airport bar. I have been on flights where the passengers got drunk on the airplane from either alcohol served to them, or alcohol they brought on the plane. Most of the time, even drunk passengers are reasonable, but sometimes they can be a total mess.

Two incidents stick out in my mind. There were a bunch Russians on a LOT Polish airline that refused to sit in their seats and instead were dancing in the aisles. This was a Russian built plane, so was bouncing around a lot. We kept circling around the airport, because we could not land while bouncing around that much. The pilot was literally begging them to stop dancing before we ran out of fuel.

The second incident involved my boss. We were taking a flight out of Newark, and he showed up drunk and bleeding. He had driven to the airport drunk, and hit the parking ticket dispenser destroying it. He was arrested before the plane took off. He wanted me to tell the police that I had driven him to the airport, but I was not going to lie for him. While I was in Atlanta, he tried to fire me for not lying for him, but ended up getting fired himself.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-22-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2022)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yawn. Big fucking.....YAWN. It is not like you fly anywhere anyway welfare boy.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not sure about international, but alcohol sales have been limited during the pandemic. You're right, it's usually the #1 cause for inflight disturbances.

FWIW, I hope the asshole does some time in lockup but I doubt he will. He'll certainly be on a lot of internal airline no-fly lists. LOL
    He will definitely never fly on Delta again. Pilots and through them airlines have near absolute control over who flies and who does not. You know those passengers who say they will sue the airline... They almost always lose, and lose badly. I have never been kicked off a plane, but if I ever was, I would leave quickly and politely.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-22-2022)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,546 Times in 14,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

In social media profiles linked to him, McInerney describes himself as a former soccer player and coach. He appeared to be traveling to take on a new teaching job in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Bet no new job after this stunt
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Walt (01-23-2022)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In social media profiles linked to him, McInerney describes himself as a former soccer player and coach. He appeared to be traveling to take on a new teaching job in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Bet no new job after this stunt
    Just STFU Guno. You know nothing about anything. Just a burden on taxpayers and society.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He will definitely never fly on Delta again. Pilots and through them airlines have near absolute control over who flies and who does not. You know those passengers who say they will sue the airline... They almost always lose, and lose badly. I have never been kicked off a plane, but if I ever was, I would leave quickly and politely.
    The Captain has the authority to throw off intoxicated passengers. No test or expertise required. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/121.575

The dipshit in this case faces a lot of penalties. He's an idiot at 29 and is unlikely to ever be much else.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Captain has the authority to throw off intoxicated passengers. No test or expertise required. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/121.575

The dipshit in this case faces a lot of penalties. He's an idiot at 29 and is unlikely to ever be much else.
    So a great candidate for a democrat politician! HA!

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

True; unfortunately, it was too late, and they were stuck on the flight together. Midway across the Atlantic, I bet the pilot was wishing he could throw the passenger off the plane without landing first.