Thread: Democratic party has turned its back on the working class

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Where is this data coming from? Granted, the 'working class' is typically less educated. They are fully on the trump train. But if we're talking about results, what have Republicans/Manchin done for the working class?

Of course, how people vote rarely has any foundation in reason.
    There must be some reason the Working Class have turned towards the Republicans.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    When Sanders says "working class" he is talking about the white working class. Listening to him drone on you would never know there are any working class POC in this country. This is why Sanders can't win a Democratic primary.

I personally feel that you can figure out why whites have turned to the GOP, by listening to Trump talk. I know that's a lot to ask, and I understand if a person would rather have one of annata's famous urine concoctions, but it's all there. Start with him coming down the escalator, holding on for dear life, while ranting about Mexicans being rapists.

It's race.
    Error! Error! Error!

When Bernie is talking about 'Working Class', he means just that. People that work with their hands for a living.
    Democrats easily dismiss this, like you, by calling it 'racism'.
    Bernie can't win a Presidential election because he doesn't love Jesus. Obviously ... a Communist.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Stone (01-18-2022)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Two people control the Democratic agenda- Munchkin and Cinema.
    Is that why the American Working Class is abandoning the Democratic Party?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Stone (01-18-2022)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Bernie Sanders says Democrats are failing: ‘The party has turned its back on the working class’ "
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lass-interview

"Senator Bernie Sanders has called on Democrats to make “a major course correction” that focuses on fighting for America’s working class and standing up to “powerful corporate interests” because the Democrats’ legislative agenda is stalled and their party faces tough prospects in this November’s elections."
    Maybe my numbers are off but to me the working class (aka those without a college degree) has been shrinking as more and more kids today get some form of a college degree. Traditionally Republicans won the vote of those with college degrees (although Dems won with advanced degrees but that's a much smaller number) and Dems won the working class. But this isn't the 50's, 60's & 70's anymore where people left high school for a union manufacturing job. Technology has changed all that. And today, and least in most recent time, those with college degrees have gravitated towards the Democrats and working class to the Republicans.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-18-2022)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

When Sanders says "working class" he is talking about the white working class. Listening to him drone on you would never know there are any working class POC in this country. This is why Sanders can't win a Democratic primary.

I personally feel that you can figure out why whites have turned to the GOP, by listening to Trump talk. I know that's a lot to ask, and I understand if a person would rather have one of annata's famous urine concoctions, but it's all there. Start with him coming down the escalator, holding on for dear life, while ranting about Mexicans being rapists.

It's race.
    Hmmm. I could be speaking out of my *ss, certainly wouldn't be the first time, but I thought Sanders whole M.O. was this multi-cultural, multi-ethnic ultimately color blind working class coalition and that in certain liberal circles he gets sh*t for trying to be color blind.

I don't know the break down of the voters, but in the Dem primary in California Bernie beat Biden pretty handily I believe and you know California is less than half white on the whole and the Dem primary voters here are very diverse.
    Last edited by cawacko; 01-18-2022 at 09:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-18-2022)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Hmmm. I could be speaking out of my *ss, certainly wouldn't be the first time, but I thought Sanders whole M.O. was this multi-cultural, multi-ethnic ultimately color blind working class coalition and that in certain liberal circles he gets sh*t for trying to be color blind.

I don't know the break down of the voters but in the Dem primary in California Bernie beat Biden pretty handily I believe and you know California is less than half white on the whole and the Dem primary voters here are very diverse.
    Yeah. Exactly. Bernie can win in California. They don't give a shit whether he loves Jesus or not.

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 18 Times in 16 Posts

I don't know the break down of the voters but in the Dem primary in California Bernie beat Biden pretty handily I believe and you know California is less than half white on the whole and the Dem primary voters here are very diverse.
    I guess that's one way of looking at it; colorblind. Similar to people claiming they "don't see color". But we all see color.

Another way of looking at it is that Sanders is on record as considering race and gender issues as "identity politics" and has never shown any interest in understanding either issues.

My way of looking at is that he's a miserable old Marxist who was kicked out of a commune when he was young, for talking too much but never doing any work. He hasn't changed. He didn't hold a job until he was in his 40's and assed his way into Mayor of his nearly all-white town. He stole electricity, was a deadbeat dad, and beat his first opponent by claiming he was the "better feminist" of the two - she was a liberal woman. He has dedicated his life to cockblocking women, and is a miserable old bastard who is largely responsible for our current Supreme court, which I call the Sanders court. He did get an assist from Comey.

His 2020 campaign met reality in S. Carolina, the day I call "Welcome to the O.C., BITCH". If the Dems ever wake up and stop front-loading white states like N Hampshire in their primary, a Sanders never happens, not in 2020 and not in 2016.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darla For This Post:

evince (01-18-2022), Phantasmal (01-19-2022)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe my numbers are off but to me the working class (aka those without a college degree) has been shrinking as more and more kids today get some form of a college degree. Traditionally Republicans won the vote of those with college degrees (although Dems won with advanced degrees but that's a much smaller number) and Dems won the working class. But this isn't the 50's, 60's & 70's anymore where people left high school for a union manufacturing job. Technology has changed all that. And today, and least in most recent time, those with college degrees have gravitated towards the Democrats and working class to the Republicans.

The Working Class is getting hammered 3 ways.

1. Outsourcing. Manufacturing Jobs moved 'Offshore' to Asia.
    2. Automation. 'Machines' replacing Human Labor.
    3. Third World Labor. Like with the Saudi Plan, importing CHEAP LABOR from Third World Countries to Build the Country.

Bernie on Open Borders:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Rune (01-19-2022)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah. Exactly. Bernie can win in California. They don't give a shit whether he loves Jesus or not.
    Jesus has nothing to do with this. I know what your implication is here.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Post:

evince (01-18-2022)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

I guess that's one way of looking at it; colorblind. Similar to people claiming they "don't see color". But we all see color.

Another way of looking at it is that Sanders is on record as considering race and gender issues as "identity politics" and has never shown any interest in understanding either issues.

My way of looking at is that he's a miserable old Marxist who was kicked out of a commune when he was young, for talking too much but never doing any work. He didn't hold a job until he was in his 40's and assed his way into Mayor of his nearly all-white town. He stole electricity, was a deadbeat dad, and beat his first opponent by claiming he was the "better feminist" of the two - she was a liberal woman. He has dedicated his life to cockblocking women, and is a miserable old bastard who is largely responsible for our current Supreme court, which I call the Sanders court. He did get an assist from Comey.

His 2020 campaign met reality in S. Carolina, the day I call "Welcome to the O.C., BITCH". If the Dems ever wake up and stop front-loading white states like N Hampshire in their primary, a Sanders never happens, not in 2020 and not in 2016.
    Thanks for right wing talking points. duhhhh commie duhhhhh

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There must be some reason the Working Class have turned towards the Republicans.
    Yes, they are stupid and vulgar.

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Bernie Sanders says Democrats are failing: ‘The party has turned its back on the working class’ "
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lass-interview

"Senator Bernie Sanders has called on Democrats to make “a major course correction” that focuses on fighting for America’s working class and standing up to “powerful corporate interests” because the Democrats’ legislative agenda is stalled and their party faces tough prospects in this November’s elections."

He’s not a democrat

He only uses us to run in elections

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Thanks for right wing talking points. duhhhh commie duhhhhh
    Not right wing. I've been lucky enough to have to listen to Berners rant in real life. It's been a trip. But those are MY points. A liberal feminist. I don't give one shit for what Right wingers, OR, Berners have to say.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-19-2022)

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not right wing. I've been lucky enough to have to listen to Berners rant in real life. It's been a trip. But those are MY points. A liberal feminist. I don't give one shit for what Right wingers, OR, Berners have to say.
    So you are a conservative. Obvious.

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

My way of looking at is that he's a miserable old Marxist who was kicked out of a commune when he was young, for talking too much but never doing any work. He hasn't changed. He didn't hold a job until he was in his 40's and assed his way into Mayor of his nearly all-white town. He stole electricity, was a deadbeat dad, and beat his first opponent by claiming he was the "better feminist" of the two - she was a liberal woman. He has dedicated his life to cockblocking women, and is a miserable old bastard who is largely responsible for our current Supreme court, which I call the Sanders court. He did get an assist from Comey.

He must be getting Russian donations again

24. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Darla (01-18-2022)