Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic party has turned its back on the working class

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,127 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Terry McAuliffe: No Role for Parents in School Curriculum ...
    Search domain nationalreview.comhttps://www.nationalreview.com › 2021 › 10 › terry-mcauliffes-war-on-parents
    In response, McAuliffe said, "I'm not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decisions," adding, "I don't think parents should be telling schools what...
    McAuliffe Argues Parents Shouldn't Have Control over ...
    Search domain msn.comhttps://www.msn.com › en-us › news › politics › mcauliffe-argues-parents-shouldn-t-have-control-over-public-school-curriculum › ar-AAOXhmN
    "I'm not going to let parents come into schools, and actually take books out, and make their own decision," McAuliffe said. "Yeah, I stopped the bill that I don't think parents should be telling...
    McAuliffe says 'everybody clapped' after he said parents ...
    Search domain nypost.comhttps://nypost.com › 2021 › 11 › 01 › mcauliffe-claims-everybody-clapped-after-classroom-comment
    Nov 1, 2021McAuliffe's comment came during a discussion on parents objecting to politicized or explicit books, such as "Beloved" by the late Toni Morrison. "I'm not going to let parents come into schools and...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=terry+mcau...s+quote&ia=web

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

telling parents they have no say...

completely asperger abused tone deaf mk ultra npc thing to say.

political suicide.

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No. My claim is that the Capitalists (both Dem and Rep) are flooding the Country with Third World Labor to keep Wages Low.
    Like the Plantation Owner that pits the White Sharecropper against the Black Sharecropper.
    In this case, pitting the American Working Class against a Third World Working Class.
    yes. a race to the bottom.

I always knew the real jack would come out.

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    yes. a race to the bottom.

I always knew the real jack would come out.
    Only a 'race to the bottom' for the Working Class. The Shareholding Class is doing quite well, ... quite well indeed!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (01-19-2022)

6. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,733 Times in 14,329 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with Republicans? Are you an America hater?
    I'll take that as a yes. You're an incel who is obsessed with masturbation.

Why do Republicans hate Americans?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

For some reason, the American Working Class (once staunch Democrats), are Voting Republican.
    If I was a Democrat Strategist, I would try to figure that out. You know, if I thought the American Working Class was an important Voting Bloc, and wanted to Win Elections.
    Not WOKE. Working people are apparently not oppressed , therefore rayciss. That's why they vote republican.
    Well , the dims have their voting bloc and that's the oppressed, the homeless, violent criminals, felons and hollywierd.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (01-19-2022)

9. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. My claim is that the Capitalists (both Dem and Rep) are flooding the Country with Third World Labor to keep Wages Low.
    Like the Plantation Owner that pits the White Sharecropper against the Black Sharecropper.
    In this case, pitting the American Working Class against a Third World Working Class.
    Every corporation has increased profits by opting for cheap overseas labor, as well as lax enviro laws. What started as a response to unions getting greedy, has festered into the status quo for business. Offshoring has been very profitable.

We now see record profits, record share prices, record sums of cash held by corporations, and a record divide between CEO pay and labor pay.

The argument in this thread is about Democrats not supporting the working class. Which party, or which states have rammed through 'right to work' laws?

Which party is actively busting unions?

Which party rammed through a tax giveaway to corporations that do nothing to increase jobs, increase pay, or lower prices?

Which party represents the Heartland, where the cheap labor you reference above is most prevalent?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I'm sorry she hurt you. From what I've heard she sounds like the kind of miserable bitch who doesn't care about hurting men. Maybe even plays them sometimes, just for her own twisted amusement. .
    Rune would know more about that than anyone else......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    And how many of them are there?

How many work 50 weeks/year?
    A ton. WAY more than you would thing. And most do work 50 weeks a year with all the overtime they can get. Right now a run of the mill brick layer just working at a company and not for himself is making anywhere from 35 to 40 bucks an hour with a bennies package that would choke a horse. Thats around 75 grand a year not counting all the over time they can get ranging anywhere from time and a half to double time and up to triple time.

Alot of guys in the trades dont take the overtime though because their phones ring off the hooks from everybody and his brother wanted them to do side jobs where they do light years better than overtime and the customer pays in benji's.

12. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is the current 'Theme' of many on the Left that view opposition to immigration as a 'racist issue', rather than an 'economic issue'.
    It signals that the Left is more an 'Elitist Club' rather than the 'Workers Club'.
    Nonsense. Historically, Republicans looked the other way when immigrants came here to work the fields.

No Republican ever cites jobs when bashing immigrants. They, like trump, consider them rapists.

In '13, the Senate passed (68-32) a comprehensive immigration bill that Boehner refused to bring to a vote. Then Ryan refused to bring it to a vote. Both knew it was going to pass.

Why won't Republicans allow the issue of immigration to begin the process of being improved?

Because they need people like yourself to have the ability to spread falsehoods on the internet.

You think the bulk of big farm owners are Democrats? You think it was only Democrats who had food rotting in the fields when trump shut the borders to everyone?

His mere mention of rapists and murderers during the campaign had Republicans fearing for their political lives.

The death of meaningful U.S. immigration reform, done in by Washington partisanship and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s incendiary comments on foreigners, is leaving crops withering in the field and the farm lobby with nowhere to turn as a labor shortage intensifies.

Carlos Castaneda watched one-quarter of his Napa cabbages rot in three California fields this spring as 37 immigrant laborers scheduled to arrive March 13 under a farmworker visa program were delayed by bureaucratic paperwork. He said he wants changes to an immigration system that causes his crops to rot unharvested. But he has little hope that will happen in this political climate.

“The rhetoric that’s getting preached is pushing xenophobia,” said Castaneda, 39, whose parents are Mexican immigrants. “You can’t call an immigrant a murderer. You can’t paint them with that brush."

About a quarter of the U.S. farm workforce, more than 300,000 people, don’t have valid immigration papers, according to a 2009 survey by the Pew Hispanic Center. Other studies suggest the number may be more than 1 million. Proportions of undocumented workers tend to be higher in the hand-harvested fruit, vegetable and horticulture sectors, as well as large dairy farms.

The last major push for reform, a 2013 agreement that agriculture groups worked out with senators Dianne Feinstein of California and Michael Bennet of Colorado, both Democrats, along with Republicans Marco Rubio of Florida and Orrin Hatch of Utah, allowed up to 337,000 farmworker visas over three years. The current H-2A visa program for agriculture laborers last year granted 139,832 temporary stays, according to Labor Department data.

The rise of Trump, who felled Rubio and other reform-minded rivals to become the likely Republican nominee, has squelched any push toward reviving guest-worker proposals and put farmworker advocates on the defensive, said Craig Regelbrugge, co-chairman of the Agriculture Coalition for Immigration Reform. Trump has vowed to build a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico and has questioned migrant contributions to the economy.

“The atmosphere is so roiled with the presidential election,” Regelbrugge said. “The angst, the anger, the whatever that is so resonant in a fairly broad swath of the electorate, it makes House members, especially Republicans, fear they’ll be hurt in a primary if they work for reform.”

13. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    A ton. WAY more than you would thing. And most do work 50 weeks a year with all the overtime they can get. Right now a run of the mill brick layer just working at a company and not for himself is making anywhere from 35 to 40 bucks an hour with a bennies package that would choke a horse. Thats around 75 grand a year not counting all the over time they can get ranging anywhere from time and a half to double time and up to triple time.

Alot of guys in the trades dont take the overtime though because their phones ring off the hooks from everybody and his brother wanted them to do side jobs where they do light years better than overtime and the customer pays in benji's.
    I'm in the trades. I know quite a few union workers. Some stay busy, and many don't, depending upon the weather, or availability of projects. Your anecdotes might represent some regions, while others are very different.

14. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

I'm in the trades. I know quite a few union workers. Some stay busy, and many don't, depending upon the weather, or availability of projects. Your anecdotes might represent some regions, while others are very different.
    What part of the country are you in? The pic in your avatar almost looks upper midwest to me but I could be wrong.

15. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Not WOKE. Working people are apparently not oppressed , therefore rayciss. That's why they vote republican.
    Well , the dims have their voting bloc and that's the oppressed, the homeless, violent criminals, felons and hollywierd.
    This is where it backfires on the Woke. Most of the people they let illegally into this country are conservative. They have come here to escape shit that democrats are trying to do because they know how it ends. democrats are actually cutting their own throats.

16. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What part of the country are you in? The pic in your avatar almost looks upper midwest to me but I could be wrong.
    The picture of my cat lounging behind my tomato plants looks like the Midwest?

I'm in the Northeast. When the union carpenters upstate try to travel to the city to get work out of a different hall, they are reprimanded by the union. I know some guys who are very busy, and I know some where it's hit and miss.

17. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Every corporation has increased profits by opting for cheap overseas labor, as well as lax enviro laws. What started as a response to unions getting greedy, has festered into the status quo for business. Offshoring has been very profitable.

We now see record profits, record share prices, record sums of cash held by corporations, and a record divide between CEO pay and labor pay.

The argument in this thread is about Democrats not supporting the working class. Which party, or which states have rammed through 'right to work' laws?

Which party is actively busting unions?

Which party rammed through a tax giveaway to corporations that do nothing to increase jobs, increase pay, or lower prices?

Which party represents the Heartland, where the cheap labor you reference above is most prevalent?

Which Party is attempting to limit Importation of Third World Labor?

Outsourcing to Asia the Labor component of Manufacturing may be impractical/implausible.
    Stopping Automation from taking Human Jobs will not stop.
    Stopping Importation of Third World Labor from entering the country is easy.

This seems like a No-Brainer. Trump seized on to it. (Even as his Clothing Line comes from China)