Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic party has turned its back on the working class

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Thank you, I've been searching for this info. I was in a coma during almost all of 2016. I woke up and had no idea what happened. You can imagine my horror and confusion.
    You do seem not to know what happened.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There must be some reason the Working Class have turned towards the Republicans.
    Why yes Jack,...I think you just may be onto something there. While the right pitches job opportunity, upward mobility, security, and law and order the left is pitching George Floyd, trans bathrooms, and free sex changes for illegal aliens that they ENCOURAGE to enter the country. The great middle doesnt give 2 shits about those issues. Never did. And BTW,.....I wonder how the D's feel about all those granted citizenship that began as illegals now that Hispanic support for D's has cratered and are now rushing to the R's?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Sailor (01-18-2022)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 18 Times in 16 Posts

I don't want to talk about Sanders for much longer, because honestly it raises my blood pressure. I am the OG Darla, I don't remember what I said about Sanders in the past, but here is what happened. I used to admire him. What woke me up is when his campaign exploited a glitch in the DNC computer, and not only went in, but downloaded Hillary's information. They were caught by the DNC. and then, Bernie turned around and sued the DNC for catching him. Bernie considers himself above reproach, and was infuriated that a couple of bitches caught him.

He blamed Debbie Wasserman Schultz for catching him, and that's when the demonization and the "rigged" shit started. When I tell you I was shocked, I was shocked. I did not know that's who he was. But I adjust to new information, and i watched this happen with my own eyes.

Believe me nobody knows better than me that the easier road for a woman is to talk about how much you love Bernie Sanders, or how "cute" you find him. Or how you "held your nose" while voting for Hillary. But I didn't hold my nose. I was thrilled to vote for her. Defending Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton is uncool, and men in particular hate it. When I say I enrage men, I don't just mean online.

But I don't give a fuck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-19-2022)

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now if anyone wants to dispute me on the facts, I will happily engage. And if I have something wrong, I will admit it. Other than that, I really don't care about this emo Peepaw shit.

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... I doubt that. You sound more like a housewife that's never broke a sweat before. (Please stop. You're killing me here)
    Some of these elitist thinking imbeciles are a sight to behold. Meanwhile the Iron worker across town makes more money, has a better house, owns a vacation home, drives better cars, better 401, more vacation,...ect ect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Sailor (01-18-2022)

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Why yes Jack,...I think you just may be onto something there. While the right pitches job opportunity, upward mobility, security, and law and order the left is pitching George Floyd, trans bathrooms, and free sex changes for illegal aliens that they ENCOURAGE to enter the country. The great middle doesnt give 2 shits about those issues. Never did. And BTW,.....I wonder how the D's feel about all those granted citizenship that began as illegals now that Hispanic support for D's has cratered and are now rushing to the R's?

I'm a little concerned Democrats have no gut instinct to Win. They may just want to be known as 'Nice People', and be content with a 'Participation Trophy'.

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    America as a modern nation is doomed by our constitution giving our most backward people more government representation than their numbers warrant.

Imagine shitholes like West Virginia and Arizona deciding our fate when places like Masachusetts and New York have actual, functioning brains available to do it?

If we stay in our present format as a republic, we will create the "Fourth World" category all for ourselves.

There was a time when I didn't think I'd ever live to see it. I'm seeing it right fucking now.
    Hey wait,....I thought Democrats were dead set against calling places SHIT HOLES? Or is the real truth that they themselves say it every day and really never gave a flying fuck at all besides using it as a bullshit political talking point? Yep,...pretty sure thats it.

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm a little concerned Democrats have no gut instinct to Win. They may just want to be known as 'Nice People', and be content with a 'Participation Trophy'.
    They may want to be SEEN that way but they sure arent viewed that way.

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Hey wait,....I thought Democrats were dead set against calling places SHIT HOLES? Or is the real truth that they themselves say it every day and really never gave a flying fuck at all besides using it as a bullshit political talking point? Yep,...pretty sure thats it.
    Remember those assholes would kill their own grandmother to advance the agenda so saying contradictory things is a walk in the park for them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Stone (01-18-2022)

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't want to talk about Sanders for much longer, because honestly it raises my blood pressure. I am the OG Darla, I don't remember what I said about Sanders in the past, but here is what happened. I used to admire him. What woke me up is when his campaign exploited a glitch in the DNC computer, and not only went in, but downloaded Hillary's information. They were caught by the DNC. and then, Bernie turned around and sued the DNC for catching him. Bernie considers himself above reproach, and was infuriated that a couple of bitches caught him.

He blamed Debbie Wasserman Schultz for catching him, and that's when the demonization and the "rigged" shit started. When I tell you I was shocked, I was shocked. I did not know that's who he was. But I adjust to new information, and i watched this happen with my own eyes.

Believe me nobody knows better than me that the easier road for a woman is to talk about how much you love Bernie Sanders, or how "cute" you find him. Or how you "held your nose" while voting for Hillary. But I didn't hold my nose. I was thrilled to vote for her. Defending Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton is uncool, and men in particular hate it. When I say I enrage men, I don't just mean online.

But I don't give a fuck.
    Because you're a fucking idiot that's why you d t give a fuck. If a retard puts their foot under a lawn mower while it's running it's because they are a RETARD not because they are brave.

BTW I think defending Brandon is far more repugnant because he's a bigger idiot than her. You simple minded fucks surprise me that you havent killed yoursekves yet with your own stupidity.

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Manchin is not a Democrat.
    riiiiight. and you are not a shit stain

/sarcasm

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Because you're a fucking idiot that's why you d t give a fuck. If a retard puts their foot under a lawn mower while it's running it's because they are a RETARD not because they are brave.

BTW I think defending Brandon is far more repugnant because he's a bigger idiot than her. You simple minded fucks surprise me that you havent killed yoursekves yet with your own stupidity.
    I actually did kill myself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-19-2022)

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with business destroyed by Democrat shutdowns and the ever widening general strike and the increasing shortages and the high inflation.
    The alt-leftie lemmings are all blind to that fact. One today was touting all the "free tests" that may become available. I have a conservative friend whose wife has gone through 23 of them in two months. Fortunately, he travels for a living otherwise I fear his house would become a crime scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Stone (01-18-2022)

21. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Not right wing. I've been lucky enough to have to listen to Berners rant in real life. It's been a trip. But those are MY points. A liberal feminist. I don't give one shit for what Right wingers, OR, Berners have to say.
    This is totally off topic and feel free not to answer but if you are so inclined I'd be curious to your opinion (impetus for this was your liberal feminist comment - not that I didn't already know that of course...)

My 100 year old grandmother lives in Roanoke, VA so whenever I hear Roanoke mentioned my ears perk up. NPR had a story yesterday or today about a small all women's college in Roanoke called Hollins University. Think I heard them say its been around for over 150 years but don't quote me on that. The basis of the story was the attempt to change admissions to allow (please excuse me if I get this wrong) gender fluid and non-binary students into the school. It seemed there was some push back from the board. My impression was it could be a generational thing. One of the admissions officers was proud of the school's history of educating women and facing down the patriarchy and while they want an inclusive campus the school is for women. They interviewed current students who are gender fluid or non cis who want that changed.

1) curious if you have strong feelings one way or the other

and

2) my wife and I both went to co-ed schools and I never would have thought about single sex education. But now having a young daughter I'm more open to the idea of it (if I really like the school) so that's why this is also on the brain