Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Poll Finds 45% Of Democratic Voters Want COVID Internment Camps For The Unvaccinated.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,571 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I took you off ignore so I can carve you up. We’ll start here. If the article is irrelevant why do you keep quoting it? Use the results and then try to use YOUR OWN words to comment on it instead of quoting the hyperbole if this right wing rag site. I showed you how a smart person would do that. Your turn.
    Everyone should have a hobby. Carving up trolls and idiots on the Internet is one of mine too!

When I was new here I asked Stevie (Steven VanderMolen AKA Peace n Safety before he was banned) to read a paragraph he supplied and put it into his own words. He couldn't do it.

I asked Spaz, the Polish Racist, the same question. Same non-response. It's like asking a blind man to see. They can't do it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2022)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello McRocket,

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Majority want unvaxxed locked in their homes, close to half want people jailed for questioning jabs.

https://summit.news/2022/01/17/poll-...-unvaccinated/

From the survey:

'– Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a proposal is opposed by 61% of all likely voters, including 79% of Republicans and 71% of unaffiliated voters.

Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

– While about two-thirds (66%) of likely voters would be against governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others, 47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine.

How far are Democrats willing to go in punishing the unvaccinated? Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. That’s much more than twice the level of support in the rest of the electorate – seven percent (7%) of Republicans and 11% of unaffiliated voters – for such a policy.'

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...t_unvaccinated

I am not huge on Rasmussen.

But still...
    tracking devices?
    Separating parents from their children?
    Internment camps?

This is starting to get frigging NUTS.
    Why is it that I have never even heard of Summit News? Is it because it is a heavily right-biased outfit and not mainstream news?

Why is it that the selected poll is from Rasmussen, known for right-biased polling?

Why is it that this was done through the right wing Heartland Institute, a shill for big nasty corporate PR?

"The Heartland Institute is an American conservative and libertarian public policy think tank known for its rejection of the scientific consensus on climate change and the negative health impacts of smoking.[3]

Founded in 1984, it worked with tobacco company Philip Morris throughout the 1990s to attempt to discredit the health risks of secondhand smoke and lobby against smoking bans.[4][5]: 233–34 [6] Since the 2000s, the Heartland Institute has been a leading promoter of climate change denial.[7][8] " wiki

Can these results really be trusted?

Or are they just cherry-picked slanted right wing propaganda.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-18-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2022)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    you guys are the worst, you label one side of the aisle protests insurrectionists, and your side peaceful protests while arson, assault, and murder of citizens were taking place.
    Not me, dipshit. I strongly favor killing all terrorists. Why do you give some terrorists a pass, MAGA-brain?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-18-2022)

7. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    you guys are the worst, you label one side of the aisle protests insurrectionists, and your side peaceful protests while arson, assault, and murder of citizens were taking place.
    Here's your "Yeah But BLM!!!" card.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello McRocket,

Why is it that I have never even heard of Summit News? Is it because it is a heavily right-biased outfit and not mainstream news?

Why is it that the selected poll is from Rasmussen, known for right-biased polling?

Why is it that this was done through the right wing Heartland Institute, a shill for big nasty corporate PR?

"The Heartland Institute is an American conservative and libertarian public policy think tank known for its rejection of the scientific consensus on climate change and the negative health impacts of smoking.[3]

Founded in 1984, it worked with tobacco company Philip Morris throughout the 1990s to attempt to discredit the health risks of secondhand smoke and lobby against smoking bans.[4][5]: 233–34 [6] Since the 2000s, the Heartland Institute has been a leading promoter of climate change denial.[7][8] " wiki

Summit News is, indeed, extremely Right Wing and stupid just like McRickets.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/summit-news/

Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2022)

10. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello McRocket,

I posted the actual poll results. No where do they indicate demographic breakdown of which respondents belonged to which parties.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2022)

12. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Here's your "Yeah But BLM!!!" card.
    And here's your Trump owns your asses card.........still
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

13. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Everyone should have a hobby. Carving up trolls and idiots on the Internet is one of mine too!
    Then carve yourself.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

14. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello McRocket,

You're going to have to define 'climate change' someday, moron.
    Science doesn't use consensus. There is no voting bloc in science. There is no theory of science about an undefined phrase.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

15. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not me, dipshit. I strongly favor killing all terrorists. Why do you give some terrorists a pass, MAGA-brain?
    ...delete depiction of murder...
    Apparently you have no idea what 'terrorist' means. Buzzword fallacy.

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I posted the actual poll results. No where do they indicate demographic breakdown of which respondents belonged to which parties.
    Math errors: Use of random numbers as data. Failure to publish unbiased raw data. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR. Failure to declare variance. Failure to calculate margin of error.

News polls are completely meaningless.

17. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Majority want unvaxxed locked in their homes, close to half want people jailed for questioning jabs.
    Count me as one of them.

You people need to be quarantined or thrown into prison so that you only give the disease to each other.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Referring to thread title, count me among them.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Calm down, Sybil. Try taking a breath and drinking some water.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist