Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP aiming to impeach Biden after midterms?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    oh - you thought faking Russian collusion was just bullshit your side gets to do?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. you made the blueprint - but the other side will use it as well. eat shit stains
    DA, Trump was not impeached for Russian collusion, but for trying to coerce Ukraine and other foreign countries into providing damaging narratives about 2020 Democratic Party presidential candidate Joe Biden as well as misinformation relating to Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections. That's abuse of power?!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Impeachment will hence be a routine occurance every the the house majority is a different party from the president.
    Senate convictions will continue to be impossible.
    Facts will be irrelevant in either chamber.

This is the way of a republic in mid-collapse. I don't know how it lasted this long.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Impeachment will hence be a routine occurance every the the house majority is a different party from the president.
    Senate convictions will continue to be impossible.
    Facts will be irrelevant in either chamber.

This is the way of a republic in mid-collapse. I don't know how it lasted this long.
    Bill Clinton was a known rapist to senate dems yet they refused to convict him for his 26 flights on the Lolita Express with underage girls.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Can you believe this shit? Instead of legislating, if these crackpots and loons if they retake the House, want revenge fueled impeachment bullshit and a waste of tax-payers money too? It behooves us to keep them from power, it will be a clown show with nothing getting accomplished either?!! Trump's impeachments were warranted, abuse of power, obstruction of Congress and he unincited an insurrection too?!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. midterm elections are some 10 months away, but President Biden's administration and allies already foresee a possible scenario in which Republicans take the House of Representatives, the Senate, or both, and launch a series of investigations and attempts to impeach the president.

Lawmakers, congressional staffers and strategists predict a slew of investigations targeting the Biden administration, particularly if Republicans loyal to former President Donald Trump gain important committee seats in Congress.

Those seeking to pursue investigations include House Republicans Matt Gaetz, who pledged in a podcast to target the Department of Justice until "sphincters tighten," Bob Gibbs, who has been pushing to impeach Biden since September over the Afghanistan pullout, and James Comer, a hopeful to become head of the House Oversight Committee.

Comer's targets include the president's son Hunter Biden, the administration's handling of supply chain issues and vaccine mandates, and its removal of Trump military academy appointees, his office said.

The White House has already taken small steps that will help shield the administration from aggressive probes.

It hired a special advisor, former New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu, to oversee implementation of the $1 trillion infrastructure law, which Republicans would likely scrutinize in search of fraud.

The White House also bolstered the legal counsel's office with a longtime Democratic communications official to help with fallout from the chaotic U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan last year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-m...142814198.html

When it comes to the aim of Justice, hopefully a majority of insurrectionist repukes and tRump and his entire criminal family will be charged and headed to federal trial this year, and with hopeful convictions and jail time for a long time.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Only if the Republicans are completely stupid will they go the impeachment route like the equally idiotic Democrats did.

Instead, if the Republicans have half a brain, they'll simply start investigating the obvious corruption and criminal activity of the Democrats and Biden in particular. They have plenty of ammunition to use on that front. Instead of impeachment, they simply expose the graft, corruption, and general malfeasance of the Left (Democrats) to the light of day and let it run its course. The Democrats will be so busy trying to cover their tracks they won't have time to run for office effectively.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why bother.....he hasn't done anything so far and he won't be able to after the mid terms.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    As opposed the the criminal trump, there are no grounds to impeach Biden
    it must really bother you that you cannot find any evidence of a crime Trump committed.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2022)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

DA, Trump was not impeached for Russian collusion, but for trying to coerce Ukraine and other foreign countries into providing damaging narratives about 2020 Democratic Party presidential candidate Joe Biden as well as misinformation relating to Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections. That's abuse of power?!!
    what was the source and cause of that investigation?

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Bill Clinton was a known rapist to senate dems yet they refused to convict him for his 26 flights on the Lolita Express with underage girls.
    Duh, he wasn't in office when he made the four plane trips, not 26. Four trips that totaled 26 take-offs and landings.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Can you believe this shit? Instead of legislating, if these crackpots and loons if they retake the House, want revenge fueled impeachment bullshit and a waste of tax-payers money too? It behooves us to keep them from power, it will be a clown show with nothing getting accomplished either?!! Trump's impeachments were warranted, abuse of power, obstruction of Congress and he unincited an insurrection too?!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. midterm elections are some 10 months away, but President Biden's administration and allies already foresee a possible scenario in which Republicans take the House of Representatives, the Senate, or both, and launch a series of investigations and attempts to impeach the president.

Lawmakers, congressional staffers and strategists predict a slew of investigations targeting the Biden administration, particularly if Republicans loyal to former President Donald Trump gain important committee seats in Congress.

Those seeking to pursue investigations include House Republicans Matt Gaetz, who pledged in a podcast to target the Department of Justice until "sphincters tighten," Bob Gibbs, who has been pushing to impeach Biden since September over the Afghanistan pullout, and James Comer, a hopeful to become head of the House Oversight Committee.

Comer's targets include the president's son Hunter Biden, the administration's handling of supply chain issues and vaccine mandates, and its removal of Trump military academy appointees, his office said.

The White House has already taken small steps that will help shield the administration from aggressive probes.

It hired a special advisor, former New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu, to oversee implementation of the $1 trillion infrastructure law, which Republicans would likely scrutinize in search of fraud.

The White House also bolstered the legal counsel's office with a longtime Democratic communications official to help with fallout from the chaotic U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan last year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-m...142814198.html

I do love the lead paint meme.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Impeachment is the new norm.

It will happen everytime the house majority is the opposite party from the president.

It would barely make the newspapers if we still had many newspapers.

Bipartisanship, whether it was ever a good idea or not, is an antiquated concept now.
    The parties both actually stand for something now, and their values have zero overlap.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    oh - you thought faking Russian collusion was just bullshit your side gets to do?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. you made the blueprint - but the other side will use it as well. eat shit stains
    we could. But I hope for the good of the country we dont. Biden is incompetent and getting 13 Americans blown up during the Afghan evac would be enough to impeach, since the Taliban offered full control of Kabul
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Only if the Republicans are completely stupid will they go the impeachment route like the equally idiotic Democrats did.
    Why was impeachment "idiotic"?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Instead, if the Republicans have half a brain, they'll simply start investigating the obvious corruption and criminal activity of the Democrats and Biden in particular.
    Such as?

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They have plenty of ammunition to use on that front
    Like what?

expose the graft, corruption, and general malfeasance of the Left
    How so? What graft? What corruption? What "general malfeasance"?

Just because you're a sore loser doesn't mean the people you lost to are as corrupted and cynical as you.

The Democrats will be so busy trying to cover their tracks they won't have time to run for office effectively.
    Notice how TA doesn't explicitly give any examples; it's all just broad, petty, personal grievances he has with people who make him feel small and stupid.