Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump's Lackey Puts the Hit on DeSantis

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Trump had to be combative since "they" were literally out to destroy him from before he even was sworn in
    But he goes way overboard, and feeds that beast.

DeSantis seems to be a MAGA type without all the baggage, ( but he can fight back too)
    and much more able to reach those touchy-feely suburban women. Which means he is more electable
    I agree on all points. I'm glad Trump stood up for himself, totally. Can't stand the spineless RINOs.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I agree on all points. I'm glad Trump stood up for himself, totally. Can't stand the spineless RINOs.
    It's interesting that you Cultists define men and women with integrity and principles as "RINOs." If Reagan suddenly reappeared, you'd call him one, too.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's interesting that you Cultists define men and women with integrity and principles as "RINOs." If Reagan suddenly reappeared, you'd call him one, too.
    No. I'm talking about the spineless 'establishment' phonies like Mitt Romney and W Bush.

In retrospect, I shake my head thinking about W and how he let the media and left almost literally shit and piss all over him without saying a damn thing. He makes me sick now.

Being a doormat is not a definition of integrity and principles. It certainly should never be the trait of an alleged leader.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

No. I'm talking about the spineless 'establishment' phonies like Mitt Romney and W Bush.

In retrospect, I shake my head thinking about W and how he let the media and left almost literally shit and piss all over him without saying a damn thing. He makes me sick now.

Being a doormat is not a definition of integrity and principles. It certainly should never be the trait of an alleged leader.
    I've seen so many Republicans who revered Bush at a god-like level in the early 2000's express similar sentiments.

It's just power. He has none now, so it's not strategic to characterize him that way or defend him. Most Republicans forgot how much they supported the Iraq War, too.

As for "RINO," it's application now has nothing to do w/ conservative principles. Anyone who even disagrees w/ Trump is a RINO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-19-2022)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, we'll never have to worry about #TRE45ON and HIS lack of morals, honor, integrity, principles, OR balls. He has none of that and if there are any gods, he will never set foot in our White House again either.

It really is sad though to see Americans like yourself call honest and honorable legislators shit like "spineless."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Well, we'll never have to worry about #TRE45ON and HIS lack of morals, honor, integrity, principles, OR balls. He has none of that and if there are any gods, he will never set foot in our White House again either.

It really is sad though to see Americans like yourself call honest and honorable legislators shit like "spineless."
    Romney and W Bush are spineless. Of course, you call them honorable because they won't stand up for themselves or Americans and that plays in your favor. Just as it did in the B B Buuuuushhh years. Must have been great to say Bushitler and Bush brought down duh towerZ and him sit there in silence like a gutless POS and not defend himself.

They are spineless and I never will never vote for one of those types ever again.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I've seen so many Republicans who revered Bush at a god-like level in the early 2000's express similar sentiments.

It's just power. He has none now, so it's not strategic to characterize him that way or defend him. Most Republicans forgot how much they supported the Iraq War, too.

As for "RINO," it's application now has nothing to do w/ conservative principles. Anyone who even disagrees w/ Trump is a RINO.
    I was a volunteer in W's campaign in 2004. It wasn't until I witnessed a real President who would actually stand up for themselves and Americans did I realize what a spineless POS he was. He NEVER stood up for himself. It is so embarrassingly pathetic. I am ashamed I ever supported him. And I didn't support Iraq, never thought it was necessary.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

I was a volunteer in W's campaign in 2004. It wasn't until I witnessed a real President who would actually stand up for themselves and Americans did I realize what a spineless POS he was. He NEVER stood up for himself. It is so embarrassingly pathetic. I am ashamed I ever supported him. And I didn't support Iraq, never thought it was necessary.
    You'll have to forgive my skepticism on the last part. I could count the conservatives I knew on one hand who opposed that war. That was a very "lefty" thing at that time.

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but a LOT of Republicans have amnesia about their stance on that war. It's kind of a deal w/ me, because many called me a traitor, and are now like, "what? I never supported that!"

The current GOP, largely, is spineless. Would you really not vote for someone like McCarthy if he was the Presidential nominee?

I'll give Trump that. He's not spineless, or afraid of a fight. But he lies all of the time & is insane.