Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: This is just sick

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    16,495
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 6,194 Times in 4,290 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,713 Times in 1,581 Posts

    Default This is just sick

    He[Rand Paul] said he would spread misinformation about tests to competing students to mislead them before exams because it "works."
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/old-video...033318535.html

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    evince (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,114
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I will need quote in context before I can be bothered.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Into the Night (Today)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,114
    Thanks
    2,116
    Thanked 3,377 Times in 2,197 Posts
    Groans
    52
    Groaned 189 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I will need quote in context before I can be bothered.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

    evince (Yesterday), Phantasmal (Yesterday), ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,114
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    If America was funcinting Fauci would be on his way to prison most likely.....I fail to see the problem.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (Yesterday), McRocket (Yesterday), TOP (Yesterday)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66,363
    Thanks
    21,919
    Thanked 31,778 Times in 24,890 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,258 Times in 2,216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Too bad Rand is such a chickenshit he won't be on the frontlines of the Civil War where someone can blow his fucking head off.

    In response, Paul said that he "never, ever cheated" and did not condone the practice, but added: "But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important."

    Paul then described how he and some classmates would spread misinformation to students they viewed as competitors and send them down the wrong path during exam prep.

    "We just started spreading the rumor that we knew what was on the test, and it was definitely going to be all about the liver, everything, a vast majority of the questions all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver and not studying for the kidney and every other organ."

    "That's my advice, misinformation works," Paul said.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    evince (Yesterday), Frank Apisa (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday), Walt (Yesterday)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66,363
    Thanks
    21,919
    Thanked 31,778 Times in 24,890 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,258 Times in 2,216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I will need quote in context before I can be bothered.
    Keep your head up your own ass, #10. It's warm and safe for you.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday)

  13. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    59,496
    Thanks
    98,035
    Thanked 49,968 Times in 32,385 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,131 Times in 3,880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    If America was funcinting Fauci would be on his way to prison most likely.....I fail to see the problem.
    Drunk again, I see. No wonder you're the darling of the other alkies here.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    guno (Yesterday)

  15. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    59,496
    Thanks
    98,035
    Thanked 49,968 Times in 32,385 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,131 Times in 3,880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    That explains why he gravitated towards the QOP, doesn't it? No conscience, no morals, no integrity.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Cypress (Yesterday), Dutch Uncle (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday), Walt (Yesterday)

  17. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148,424
    Thanks
    47,950
    Thanked 25,630 Times in 19,816 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 18,973 Times in 17,583 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    39,884
    Thanks
    21,388
    Thanked 29,284 Times in 15,251 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2,449 Times in 2,204 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Too bad Rand is such a chickenshit he won't be on the frontlines of the Civil War where someone can blow his fucking head off.

    In response, Paul said that he "never, ever cheated" and did not condone the practice, but added: "But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important."

    Paul then described how he and some classmates would spread misinformation to students they viewed as competitors and send them down the wrong path during exam prep.

    "We just started spreading the rumor that we knew what was on the test, and it was definitely going to be all about the liver, everything, a vast majority of the questions all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver and not studying for the kidney and every other organ."

    "That's my advice, misinformation works," Paul said.
    I was never competing against anyone but myself in college, I studiously avoided talking about grades and test scores with other students, and it wouldn't even cross my mind to try to sabotage other students.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (Yesterday), evince (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday), ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  20. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66,363
    Thanks
    21,919
    Thanked 31,778 Times in 24,890 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,258 Times in 2,216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I was never competing against anyone but myself in college, I studiously avoided talking about grades and test scores with other students, and it wouldn't even cross my mind to try to sabotage other students.
    Good for you. Me neither. It takes a specific lack of morals to sabotage another person's education. I used to respect Rand Paul but ever since 2016, I've lost all respect for him and would be happy to walk my dog on his grave....the sooner the better. Jus' sayin'.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    Cypress (Yesterday), evince (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday)

  22. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    39,884
    Thanks
    21,388
    Thanked 29,284 Times in 15,251 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2,449 Times in 2,204 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Good for you. Me neither. It takes a specific lack of morals to sabotage another person's education. I used to respect Rand Paul but ever since 2016, I've lost all respect for him and would be happy to walk my dog on his grave....the sooner the better. Jus' sayin'.
    Ethics aside, I do not even know how it would supposedly benefit me to sabotage other students. Ultimately, I was going to have academic and professional achievement on my own merit.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (Yesterday), evince (Yesterday), guno (Yesterday), ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  24. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66,363
    Thanks
    21,919
    Thanked 31,778 Times in 24,890 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,258 Times in 2,216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That explains why he gravitated towards the QOP, doesn't it? No conscience, no morals, no integrity.
    Unfortunately true. I had previously thought better of him.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    evince (Yesterday), ThatOwlWoman (Yesterday)

  26. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    66,363
    Thanks
    21,919
    Thanked 31,778 Times in 24,890 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,258 Times in 2,216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Ethics aside, I do not even know how it would supposedly benefit me to sabotage other students. Ultimately, I was going to have academic and professional achievement on my own merit.
    My dad taught me that there are two ways to get ahead; by one's own merit or by beating down all the others. Like you, I chose the merit path. Rand chose the latter path.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    Cypress (Yesterday), evince (Yesterday)

  28. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148,424
    Thanks
    47,950
    Thanked 25,630 Times in 19,816 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 18,973 Times in 17,583 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Good for you. Me neither. It takes a specific lack of morals to sabotage another person's education. I used to respect Rand Paul but ever since 2016, I've lost all respect for him and would be happy to walk my dog on his grave....the sooner the better. Jus' sayin'.
    The acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree

Similar Threads

  1. Sick of it all. Everything. Everyone.
    By Nomad in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-29-2020, 01:59 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-24-2017, 09:23 PM
  3. APP - This is really bad. She is really sick.
    By canceled.2021.3 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 03:14 PM
  4. Sick of the GOP
    By Granule in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 08:27 PM
  5. sick
    By BRUTALITOPS in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 02:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •