Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116

Thread: Florida Covid-19 deaths have biggest spike since Thanksgiving, but... It is worse

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    20,037
    Thanks
    1,631
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 5,393 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,906 Times in 1,761 Posts

    Default Florida Covid-19 deaths have biggest spike since Thanksgiving, but... It is worse

    Florida logged 470 deaths from Covid-19, which is the biggest spike since Thanksgiving. It is much worse, for a couple of reasons. Florida is delaying death reports by weeks, and sometimes as much as two months. The Florida Air National Guard is transporting the worst cases to better equipped hospitals in the Northeast, where if they die they are not counted as Florida deaths. Florida is not reporting deaths of people who do not normally live in Florida.

    It is probably several times higher. Either way, it certainly is not completely over, like Governor Death promised.

    Does anyone think Florida would help out NYC like NYC has helped out Florida?

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weeks-flo...003004470.html

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    Althea (01-15-2022), guno (01-15-2022), moon (01-17-2022), Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,244
    Thanks
    1,981
    Thanked 9,180 Times in 7,509 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 416 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    7 day moving average 57, peak was 418

    I call Bull SHIT!

    https://newsnodes.com/us_state/FL
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    20,037
    Thanks
    1,631
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 5,393 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,906 Times in 1,761 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    7 day moving average 57, peak was 418

    I call Bull SHIT!

    https://newsnodes.com/us_state/FL
    In the graph, they claim 57. In the chart, they claim 396. But you will believe anything that agrees with you.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    guno (01-15-2022), moon (01-17-2022), Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,244
    Thanks
    1,981
    Thanked 9,180 Times in 7,509 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 416 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the graph, they claim 57. In the chart, they claim 396. But you will believe anything that agrees with you.
    I am told that I should address you as Mason.
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    20,037
    Thanks
    1,631
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 5,393 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,906 Times in 1,761 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am told that I should address you as Mason.
    I literally have no idea what you are referring to. You seem very delusional.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    guno (01-15-2022)

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,244
    Thanks
    1,981
    Thanked 9,180 Times in 7,509 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 416 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I literally have no idea what you are referring to. You seem very delusional.
    Oh Ya Sure.....
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    20,037
    Thanks
    1,631
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 5,393 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,906 Times in 1,761 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Oh Ya Sure.....
    Thinking back on it, Mason does not seem to be a common name in the circles I run in. I cannot think of anyone I have ever known named Mason. I loved the TV show Perry Mason, is that what you are referring to?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    38,244
    Thanks
    1,981
    Thanked 9,180 Times in 7,509 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 416 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Thinking back on it, Mason does not seem to be a common name in the circles I run in. I cannot think of anyone I have ever known named Mason. I loved the TV show Perry Mason, is that what you are referring to?
    Now you are boring me.
    "The dismissing of everyone on the fringe as a kook, or a crank, or a quack, or whatever, is the end of progress" <<<<<<<<<Bret

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15,004
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked 8,878 Times in 5,488 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,480 Times in 1,402 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Florida logged 470 deaths from Covid-19, which is the biggest spike since Thanksgiving. It is much worse, for a couple of reasons. Florida is delaying death reports by weeks, and sometimes as much as two months. The Florida Air National Guard is transporting the worst cases to better equipped hospitals in the Northeast, where if they die they are not counted as Florida deaths. Florida is not reporting deaths of people who do not normally live in Florida.

    It is probably several times higher. Either way, it certainly is not completely over, like Governor Death promised.

    Does anyone think Florida would help out NYC like NYC has helped out Florida?

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weeks-flo...003004470.html
    Lots of first hand experiences for me this week, as my Dad took a fall and I've had to navigate the health care system. What I can tell you is that the hospital he was admitted to has people IN THE HALLS because of this latest Covid outbreak. As a result, they are stretched incredibly thin. I was working with a care nurse to transition my Dad, and the next day, she had called in with Covid. They are stressed and overworked. Hospitalizations continue to climb, and deaths will follow, as this variant is just as severe as the original if you aren't vaxxed.

    In Florida, EVERY SINGLE COUNTY IN THE STATE has a rate of over 1,000 new cases per 100,000 residents. And that's just the confirmed positives. In some counties, the rate is over 2,000 per day. The average number of deaths REPORTED (Florida intentional lags their death reporting, dropping almost all deaths once a week) has quadrupled in two weeks from 17 to 67 a day, and is growing. In that same time period, hospitalizations have doubled, from 6,700 to almost 14,000.

    Despite wearing a mask and basically avoiding restaurants, bars, and other public places, I've got Covid again. It's a nuisance, especially given that I'm trying to manage my elderly parents, but the symptoms are very mild. Not so for the unvaxxed, who continue to strain Floridas healthcare system. The unvaxxed shoulder almost all of the blame for this completely unnecessary scenario. DeSantis does as well. And the morons who refuse to wear a mask (most people here in Florida) are of course contributing mightily to the issue.

    But go ahead and kiss DeSantis's ass and deny, deny, deny. Have fun in the ICU.

    https://covid19florida.mystrikingly.com/

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    5,460
    Thanks
    1,909
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    .
    And the total deaths from the latest varient ... ???

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15,004
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked 8,878 Times in 5,488 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,480 Times in 1,402 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the graph, they claim 57. In the chart, they claim 396. But you will believe anything that agrees with you.
    For the week of 1/7 (Florida reports most of their deaths every Wednesday) there were 430 deaths reported, that's an average of 61 per day.

    https://covid19florida.mystrikingly.com/

    Florida is making it as difficult as possible to get a firm grasp on the number of deaths, because it might tend to incriminate the Governor.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    27,687
    Thanks
    11,963
    Thanked 14,817 Times in 10,259 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,211 Times in 1,141 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Lots of first hand experiences for me this week, as my Dad took a fall and I've had to navigate the health care system. What I can tell you is that the hospital he was admitted to has people IN THE HALLS because of this latest Covid outbreak. As a result, they are stretched incredibly thin. I was working with a care nurse to transition my Dad, and the next day, she had called in with Covid. They are stressed and overworked. Hospitalizations continue to climb, and deaths will follow, as this variant is just as severe as the original if you aren't vaxxed.

    In Florida, EVERY SINGLE COUNTY IN THE STATE has a rate of over 1,000 new cases per 100,000 residents. And that's just the confirmed positives. In some counties, the rate is over 2,000 per day. The average number of deaths REPORTED (Florida intentional lags their death reporting, dropping almost all deaths once a week) has quadrupled in two weeks from 17 to 67 a day, and is growing. In that same time period, hospitalizations have doubled, from 6,700 to almost 14,000.

    Despite wearing a mask and basically avoiding restaurants, bars, and other public places, I've got Covid again. It's a nuisance, especially given that I'm trying to manage my elderly parents, but the symptoms are very mild. Not so for the unvaxxed, who continue to strain Floridas healthcare system. The unvaxxed shoulder almost all of the blame for this completely unnecessary scenario. DeSantis does as well. And the morons who refuse to wear a mask (most people here in Florida) are of course contributing mightily to the issue.

    But go ahead and kiss DeSantis's ass and deny, deny, deny. Have fun in the ICU.

    https://covid19florida.mystrikingly.com/
    DeSantis has been covering up his death rate and Covid numbers since '20. He jailed a staffer who refused to lie for him. He still hides the data, as you suggest.

    What you describe is happening across the nation. Nurses are leaving their hospital jobs and becoming 'travelers'. The pay is $200/hour plus a housing stipend, plus a meal stipend. Hospitals that are short staffed are being forced to pay these rates to these travelers.

    They are once again forced to wear N95s all day long. Their ears and faces have scars, not to mention the fumes they inhale when first putting on a new mask every morning. All nurses are testing positive, which forces them out of work for 5 days. As you mentioned, this worsens the staffing issues.

    Non Covid patients are going to die in Florida because of their moronic governor. And he will be easily re elected
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    65,446
    Thanks
    87,295
    Thanked 44,860 Times in 28,235 Posts
    Groans
    2,742
    Groaned 4,727 Times in 4,374 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Lots of first hand experiences for me this week, as my Dad took a fall and I've had to navigate the health care system. What I can tell you is that the hospital he was admitted to has people IN THE HALLS because of this latest Covid outbreak. As a result, they are stretched incredibly thin. I was working with a care nurse to transition my Dad, and the next day, she had called in with Covid. They are stressed and overworked. Hospitalizations continue to climb, and deaths will follow, as this variant is just as severe as the original if you aren't vaxxed.

    In Florida, EVERY SINGLE COUNTY IN THE STATE has a rate of over 1,000 new cases per 100,000 residents. And that's just the confirmed positives. In some counties, the rate is over 2,000 per day. The average number of deaths REPORTED (Florida intentional lags their death reporting, dropping almost all deaths once a week) has quadrupled in two weeks from 17 to 67 a day, and is growing. In that same time period, hospitalizations have doubled, from 6,700 to almost 14,000.

    Despite wearing a mask and basically avoiding restaurants, bars, and other public places, I've got Covid again. It's a nuisance, especially given that I'm trying to manage my elderly parents, but the symptoms are very mild. Not so for the unvaxxed, who continue to strain Floridas healthcare system. The unvaxxed shoulder almost all of the blame for this completely unnecessary scenario. DeSantis does as well. And the morons who refuse to wear a mask (most people here in Florida) are of course contributing mightily to the issue.

    But go ahead and kiss DeSantis's ass and deny, deny, deny. Have fun in the ICU.

    https://covid19florida.mystrikingly.com/
    I hope your dad is okay!
    "Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories," Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center,

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Concart (01-15-2022)

  20. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15,004
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked 8,878 Times in 5,488 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,480 Times in 1,402 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I hope your dad is okay!
    Thanks. My Dad is 100. He's had a heck of a run, but this fall has been a sea change for him, along with his acute CHF. He was living independently but I think that's over. He's in a rehab facility now and unfortunately I can't take my Mom to see him. Tough times on that front, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that we kept the two of them independent for this long. It hasn't been easy.

  21. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    65,446
    Thanks
    87,295
    Thanked 44,860 Times in 28,235 Posts
    Groans
    2,742
    Groaned 4,727 Times in 4,374 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Thanks. My Dad is 100. He's had a heck of a run, but this fall has been a sea change for him, along with his acute CHF. He was living independently but I think that's over. He's in a rehab facility now and unfortunately I can't take my Mom to see him. Tough times on that front, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that we kept the two of them independent for this long. It hasn't been easy.
    Wow! Best of luck to you. My folks were the same way, it was hard when we had to put dad in a long term care facility. He only lasted two days after that. I truly believe he willed himself to death.
    "Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories," Dr. William Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center,

Similar Threads

  1. Florida surpasses New York in Covid Deaths
    By Concart in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2021, 04:51 PM
  2. Florida reports 1,338 Covid deaths
    By Concart in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-03-2021, 02:36 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2021, 09:41 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2021, 10:49 AM
  5. Florida has record high deaths from Covid-19
    By Walt in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 389
    Last Post: 07-17-2020, 06:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •