Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Covid-19 deaths have biggest spike since Thanksgiving, but... It is worse

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 8,274 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Default Florida Covid-19 deaths have biggest spike since Thanksgiving, but... It is worse

Florida logged 470 deaths from Covid-19, which is the biggest spike since Thanksgiving. It is much worse, for a couple of reasons. Florida is delaying death reports by weeks, and sometimes as much as two months. The Florida Air National Guard is transporting the worst cases to better equipped hospitals in the Northeast, where if they die they are not counted as Florida deaths. Florida is not reporting deaths of people who do not normally live in Florida.

It is probably several times higher. Either way, it certainly is not completely over, like Governor Death promised.

Does anyone think Florida would help out NYC like NYC has helped out Florida?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weeks-flo...003004470.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Althea (01-15-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-15-2022), moon (01-17-2022), Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

7 day moving average 57, peak was 418

I call Bull SHIT!

https://newsnodes.com/us_state/FL
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    7 day moving average 57, peak was 418

I call Bull SHIT!

https://newsnodes.com/us_state/FL
    In the graph, they claim 57. In the chart, they claim 396. But you will believe anything that agrees with you.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-15-2022), moon (01-17-2022), Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the graph, they claim 57. In the chart, they claim 396. But you will believe anything that agrees with you.
    I am told that I should address you as Mason.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am told that I should address you as Mason.
    I literally have no idea what you are referring to. You seem very delusional.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-15-2022)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I literally have no idea what you are referring to. You seem very delusional.
    Oh Ya Sure.....

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh Ya Sure.....
    Thinking back on it, Mason does not seem to be a common name in the circles I run in. I cannot think of anyone I have ever known named Mason. I loved the TV show Perry Mason, is that what you are referring to?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thinking back on it, Mason does not seem to be a common name in the circles I run in. I cannot think of anyone I have ever known named Mason. I loved the TV show Perry Mason, is that what you are referring to?
    Now you are boring me.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Florida logged 470 deaths from Covid-19, which is the biggest spike since Thanksgiving. It is much worse, for a couple of reasons. Florida is delaying death reports by weeks, and sometimes as much as two months. The Florida Air National Guard is transporting the worst cases to better equipped hospitals in the Northeast, where if they die they are not counted as Florida deaths. Florida is not reporting deaths of people who do not normally live in Florida.

It is probably several times higher. Either way, it certainly is not completely over, like Governor Death promised.

Does anyone think Florida would help out NYC like NYC has helped out Florida?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weeks-flo...003004470.html
    Lots of first hand experiences for me this week, as my Dad took a fall and I've had to navigate the health care system. What I can tell you is that the hospital he was admitted to has people IN THE HALLS because of this latest Covid outbreak. As a result, they are stretched incredibly thin. I was working with a care nurse to transition my Dad, and the next day, she had called in with Covid. They are stressed and overworked. Hospitalizations continue to climb, and deaths will follow, as this variant is just as severe as the original if you aren't vaxxed.

In Florida, EVERY SINGLE COUNTY IN THE STATE has a rate of over 1,000 new cases per 100,000 residents. And that's just the confirmed positives. In some counties, the rate is over 2,000 per day. The average number of deaths REPORTED (Florida intentional lags their death reporting, dropping almost all deaths once a week) has quadrupled in two weeks from 17 to 67 a day, and is growing. In that same time period, hospitalizations have doubled, from 6,700 to almost 14,000.

Despite wearing a mask and basically avoiding restaurants, bars, and other public places, I've got Covid again. It's a nuisance, especially given that I'm trying to manage my elderly parents, but the symptoms are very mild. Not so for the unvaxxed, who continue to strain Floridas healthcare system. The unvaxxed shoulder almost all of the blame for this completely unnecessary scenario. DeSantis does as well. And the morons who refuse to wear a mask (most people here in Florida) are of course contributing mightily to the issue.

But go ahead and kiss DeSantis's ass and deny, deny, deny. Have fun in the ICU.

https://covid19florida.mystrikingly.com/

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the total deaths from the latest varient ... ???

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For the week of 1/7 (Florida reports most of their deaths every Wednesday) there were 430 deaths reported, that's an average of 61 per day.

Florida is making it as difficult as possible to get a firm grasp on the number of deaths, because it might tend to incriminate the Governor.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Lots of first hand experiences for me this week, as my Dad took a fall and I've had to navigate the health care system. What I can tell you is that the hospital he was admitted to has people IN THE HALLS because of this latest Covid outbreak. As a result, they are stretched incredibly thin. I was working with a care nurse to transition my Dad, and the next day, she had called in with Covid. They are stressed and overworked. Hospitalizations continue to climb, and deaths will follow, as this variant is just as severe as the original if you aren't vaxxed.

In Florida, EVERY SINGLE COUNTY IN THE STATE has a rate of over 1,000 new cases per 100,000 residents. And that's just the confirmed positives. In some counties, the rate is over 2,000 per day. The average number of deaths REPORTED (Florida intentional lags their death reporting, dropping almost all deaths once a week) has quadrupled in two weeks from 17 to 67 a day, and is growing. In that same time period, hospitalizations have doubled, from 6,700 to almost 14,000.

Despite wearing a mask and basically avoiding restaurants, bars, and other public places, I've got Covid again. It's a nuisance, especially given that I'm trying to manage my elderly parents, but the symptoms are very mild. Not so for the unvaxxed, who continue to strain Floridas healthcare system. The unvaxxed shoulder almost all of the blame for this completely unnecessary scenario. DeSantis does as well. And the morons who refuse to wear a mask (most people here in Florida) are of course contributing mightily to the issue.

DeSantis has been covering up his death rate and Covid numbers since '20. He jailed a staffer who refused to lie for him. He still hides the data, as you suggest.

What you describe is happening across the nation. Nurses are leaving their hospital jobs and becoming 'travelers'. The pay is $200/hour plus a housing stipend, plus a meal stipend. Hospitals that are short staffed are being forced to pay these rates to these travelers.

They are once again forced to wear N95s all day long. Their ears and faces have scars, not to mention the fumes they inhale when first putting on a new mask every morning. All nurses are testing positive, which forces them out of work for 5 days. As you mentioned, this worsens the staffing issues.

Non Covid patients are going to die in Florida because of their moronic governor. And he will be easily re elected
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2022)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope your dad is okay!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Concart (01-15-2022)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I hope your dad is okay!
    Thanks. My Dad is 100. He's had a heck of a run, but this fall has been a sea change for him, along with his acute CHF. He was living independently but I think that's over. He's in a rehab facility now and unfortunately I can't take my Mom to see him. Tough times on that front, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that we kept the two of them independent for this long. It hasn't been easy.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks. My Dad is 100. He's had a heck of a run, but this fall has been a sea change for him, along with his acute CHF. He was living independently but I think that's over. He's in a rehab facility now and unfortunately I can't take my Mom to see him. Tough times on that front, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that we kept the two of them independent for this long. It hasn't been easy.
    Wow! Best of luck to you. My folks were the same way, it was hard when we had to put dad in a long term care facility. He only lasted two days after that. I truly believe he willed himself to death.