Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Food shortages of meat, eggs, poultry, other commodities worsening in U.S. supermarke

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Lansing Ks
    Posts
    23,261
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10,332 Times in 7,091 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 768 Times in 711 Posts

    Default Food shortages of meat, eggs, poultry, other commodities worsening in U.S. supermarke

    Food shortages of meat, eggs, poultry, other commodities worsening in U.S. supermarkets

    American supermarkets continue to suffer shortages of food and other commodities as the supply chain crisis worsens thanks to new global lockdowns due to the omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, despite the fact that it isn’t serious.

    Still, as workers get sick from the new strain, productivity has suffered and now, because Joe Biden’s hapless regime has done little to nothing to get the supply chain back up and running, any little disruption becomes a big deal.

    The Los Angeles Times reports:

    The highly contagious Omicron coronavirus variant is disrupting already stressed food supply chains, sickening so many workers that more shortages at grocery stores are all but certain.

    Supermarkets have been struggling to keep food fully stocked throughout the pandemic as a result of labor shortfalls in every part of the food system, including farms, manufacturers and distributors. Now Omicron is bringing the problem to a new level. The variant is raging across the U.S. and raising health concerns that many thought vaccines had put to rest. Schools and day cares are seeing closures again, keeping more Americans from work.

    Combined, all of those things are going to lead to higher wages as businesses try to attract enough workers, which in turn will result in higher prices for goods, worsening Biden’s inflation.

    “We’re already seeing bare shelves,” Bindiya Vakil, chief executive of supply-chain consultant Resilinc Corp., told the Times. “Labor shortages due to omicron are going to exacerbate the issue.”

    https://starvation.news/2022-01-11-f...sruptions.html



    download.jpg

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    91,947
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    How can this be? I was told that this isn't really happening.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    17,709
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8,582 Times in 6,088 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 280 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    It's the next big thing! The Foodemic!

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,111
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    OMICRON will be mostly over in a month, but we dont know what variant comes next, and even if SARS-COV2 would go away (it wont) America is still dying.

    It only gets worse from here, the depression will be here soon.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18,027
    Thanks
    10,402
    Thanked 4,868 Times in 4,048 Posts
    Groans
    393
    Groaned 167 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    OMICRON will be mostly over in a month, but we dont know what variant comes next, and even if SARS-COV2 would go away (it wont) America is still dying.

    It only gets worse from here, the depression will be here soon.

    They brought it on artificially. What dickheads!

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,111
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    They brought it on artificially. What dickheads!
    I heard someone say yesterday that what we have been doing is lighting matches and flicking them all around because we think it is fun. What it is is insane, and we will certainly continue to pay for it.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18,027
    Thanks
    10,402
    Thanked 4,868 Times in 4,048 Posts
    Groans
    393
    Groaned 167 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I heard someone say yesterday that what we have been doing is lighting matches and flicking them all around because we think it is fun. What it is is insane, and we will certainly continue to pay for it.
    Was this in your Chinese shill secret chatroom?

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,111
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Was this in your Chinese shill secret chatroom?
    It takes a twisted mind to take my warning about what is coming and make that "he works for the CHinese".

    The CHinese want you to stay ignorant about what is coming for as long as possible.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  9. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    18,027
    Thanks
    10,402
    Thanked 4,868 Times in 4,048 Posts
    Groans
    393
    Groaned 167 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    It takes a twisted mind to take my warning about what is coming and make that "he works for the CHinese".

    The CHinese want you to stay ignorant about what is coming for as long as possible.
    Aight bro, just chill out and ease off the booze a hair.

  10. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,111
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Aight bro, just chill out and ease off the booze a hair.
    True/Not True is what matters, and I am right a high percentage of the time.

    Your emotional response is your problem and does not interest me.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  11. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    31,465
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15,030 Times in 9,595 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,562 Times in 2,388 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Food shortages of meat, eggs, poultry, other commodities worsening in U.S. supermarkets

    American supermarkets continue to suffer shortages of food and other commodities as the supply chain crisis worsens thanks to new global lockdowns due to the omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, despite the fact that it isn’t serious.

    Still, as workers get sick from the new strain, productivity has suffered and now, because Joe Biden’s hapless regime has done little to nothing to get the supply chain back up and running, any little disruption becomes a big deal.

    The Los Angeles Times reports:

    The highly contagious Omicron coronavirus variant is disrupting already stressed food supply chains, sickening so many workers that more shortages at grocery stores are all but certain.

    Supermarkets have been struggling to keep food fully stocked throughout the pandemic as a result of labor shortfalls in every part of the food system, including farms, manufacturers and distributors. Now Omicron is bringing the problem to a new level. The variant is raging across the U.S. and raising health concerns that many thought vaccines had put to rest. Schools and day cares are seeing closures again, keeping more Americans from work.

    Combined, all of those things are going to lead to higher wages as businesses try to attract enough workers, which in turn will result in higher prices for goods, worsening Biden’s inflation.

    “We’re already seeing bare shelves,” Bindiya Vakil, chief executive of supply-chain consultant Resilinc Corp., told the Times. “Labor shortages due to omicron are going to exacerbate the issue.”

    https://starvation.news/2022-01-11-f...sruptions.html



    download.jpg
    Wait a minute, you just said that Covid "isn’t serious" yet "workers get sick from the new strain" and "productivity has suffered"

    So this illness which you think isn't serious but admit is still making workers sick and cause they can't work production is down and you want to know the reason why supply is down?

    Next

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    guno (01-14-2022)

  13. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    31,111
    Thanks
    1,751
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 6,472 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 331 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Wait a minute, you just said that Covid "isn’t serious" yet "workers get sick from the new strain" and "productivity has suffered"

    So this illness which you think isn't serious but admit is still making workers sick and cause they can't work production is down and you want to know the reason why supply is down?

    Next
    If they can show a positive COVID test they get a bunch of extra paid days off.
    If the people in charge of running America were actively trying to harm America what would they be doing differently?

  14. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    91,947
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default SSUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES SPARKS #BARESHELVESBIDEN TO TREND IN RESPONSE TO EMPTY SHELVES

    The latest trending hashtag on Twitter, #BareshelvesBiden, is about the empty shelves at local grocery stores. Americans all across the country expressed their frustrations about the current status of the economic supply chain.

    On Sunday evening the phrase peaked at No.6 on Twitter’s trending list.

    A wave of tweets blamed Joe Biden for what they said was a failure to address the supply chain crisis.

    Numerous photographs show desolate store shelves, further emphasizing the message behind the hashtag.

    https://www.blackenterprise.com/twitter-trending-bareshelvesbiden-responds-to-empty-store-shelves/

  15. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    23,138
    Thanks
    75,403
    Thanked 12,713 Times in 7,978 Posts
    Groans
    52
    Groaned 1,231 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    No shortages here
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white



    ברוך השם

  16. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    25,294
    Thanks
    10,828
    Thanked 13,502 Times in 9,341 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,173 Times in 1,106 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Food shortages of meat, eggs, poultry, other commodities worsening in U.S. supermarkets

    American supermarkets continue to suffer shortages of food and other commodities as the supply chain crisis worsens thanks to new global lockdowns due to the omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, despite the fact that it isn’t serious.

    Still, as workers get sick from the new strain, productivity has suffered and now, because Joe Biden’s hapless regime has done little to nothing to get the supply chain back up and running, any little disruption becomes a big deal.

    The Los Angeles Times reports:

    The highly contagious Omicron coronavirus variant is disrupting already stressed food supply chains, sickening so many workers that more shortages at grocery stores are all but certain.

    Supermarkets have been struggling to keep food fully stocked throughout the pandemic as a result of labor shortfalls in every part of the food system, including farms, manufacturers and distributors. Now Omicron is bringing the problem to a new level. The variant is raging across the U.S. and raising health concerns that many thought vaccines had put to rest. Schools and day cares are seeing closures again, keeping more Americans from work.

    Combined, all of those things are going to lead to higher wages as businesses try to attract enough workers, which in turn will result in higher prices for goods, worsening Biden’s inflation.

    “We’re already seeing bare shelves,” Bindiya Vakil, chief executive of supply-chain consultant Resilinc Corp., told the Times. “Labor shortages due to omicron are going to exacerbate the issue.”

    https://starvation.news/2022-01-11-f...sruptions.html



    download.jpg
    Probably better if trump didn't hide Covid in '20, and if he encouraged people to get vaccinated after he got his ass kicked in the election. Instead, he golfed, and sulked.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Similar Threads

  1. Planned food shortages...Why?
    By Rune in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-22-2021, 08:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2020, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-20-2019, 01:30 PM
  4. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-09-2019, 06:06 AM
  5. Gas price to drop as oil joins commodities plunge
    By Schadenfreude in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •