Members banned from this thread: RockX

Thread: Life is good

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default Life is good

Since I was just a boy, I always knew that I didn't like, nor belong in LA. I grew up there, made many friends, went to high school, flunked out of 3 colleges and ended up peddling hot tubs to country folk. A true, one of a kind, American success story. But as content as I was, earning a cool $1,700 a month, driving my '77 Datsun 280Z (Straight 6), picking quarters out of the couch to buy my weekly handle of 10 High, with my hot latina girlfriend who though doing it 11 times a day was weak, I still didn't like LA, and I knew I needed to be elsewhere.

A job opportunity, a real promotion came up in Denver in late 2003. Incidentally, two days before moving there, I discovered politics.com, and proceeded to bombard the place with urges to every member to vote Libertarian. So, I was promoted to hot tub salesman in Denver. Okay, it wasn't really a promotion, it was just another job, but it was out of LA, so I considered it a promotion. But now, I was picking up a cool $2,000 a month, and my hot, now mulatto girlfriend who though sex twice a month was waaay too much was moving out to join me, get married, have a couple of kids and pick out that picket fence we'd always dreamed of. So in early december of '03, the moving truck comes, she moves all her shit into my Madison Park apartment that I couldn't even afford and proceeds to do an whole lot, a tremendous amount of sitting around, wathing "Days" and withholding sex. So one day, I get home from work, and see an ecard on there from her to Steve Bender that reveals to me, that perhaps the sex withholding was due to the fact that the fountain had sprung somewhere else. So, in a proactive moment, I turned to the 10 High, and gained enough clarity to throw her out. 3 weeks after hurricane Jocelyn moved into my apartment, hurricane Jocelyn moved out. I lived a great time in Denver for the next 10 months, even one time enjoying some beer with our friend Damocles at the Friday's on 120th, and generally recovering from the destruction of Hurricane Jocelyn.

Then the store closed and I got another promotion to Seattle, this time to peddle hot tubs at the Evergreen State and Puyallup fairs. It was commission only, but that was okay, because country carival goers have more dough than you might think. I made $8400 that month, and got adraw gig at a store. I stayed in Seattle, loving it for another year, and then did the carnival thing again in September of '05. I made $21,000 that month and I spent it like Larry Ellison in an ego shop. For some reason, I still don't know why, I moved back to LA.

2 years I spent in LA, still searching for myself, still enjoying the weekly handle. Still spending each September peddling hot tubs in Seattle, making a lot of whip, taking the winters off. January 11th of 2007, I was on vacation in Hawaii, and I went on a jungle hike, on that hike, I found it, whatever "it" was, but I knew I found it. I decided that I must live in Hawaii.

September of '07, I spent in Seattle at the fairs again, earned $15,000, and on October 17th of 2007, I landed in Hawaii with my suitcase, my guitar, 2 harmonicas and a pair of sandals that I now know are unacceptable on this island.

I've been here ever since, and I will likely never leave. It has been the best 18 months of my life, and I now can be a big ass wind bag about telling people to folow their dreams even if it doesn't make sense to the rest of the world.

Side notes: In April of 2005, Politics.com got clotheslined by fullpolitics.com. Then the site host grew the largest ego ever and revealed private messages of users, then my man Damo started this site and we are all here now.

That is all.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just got a harmonica and a banjo.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Since I was just a boy, I always knew that I didn't like, nor belong in LA. I grew up there, made many friends, went to high school, flunked out of 3 colleges and ended up peddling hot tubs to country folk. A true, one of a kind, American success story. But as content as I was, earning a cool $1,700 a month, driving my '77 Datsun 280Z (Straight 6), picking quarters out of the couch to buy my weekly handle of 10 High, with my hot latina girlfriend who though doing it 11 times a day was weak, I still didn't like LA, and I knew I needed to be elsewhere.

A job opportunity, a real promotion came up in Denver in late 2003. Incidentally, two days before moving there, I discovered politics.com, and proceeded to bombard the place with urges to every member to vote Libertarian. So, I was promoted to hot tub salesman in Denver. Okay, it wasn't really a promotion, it was just another job, but it was out of LA, so I considered it a promotion. But now, I was picking up a cool $2,000 a month, and my hot, now mulatto girlfriend who though sex twice a month was waaay too much was moving out to join me, get married, have a couple of kids and pick out that picket fence we'd always dreamed of. So in early december of '03, the moving truck comes, she moves all her shit into my Madison Park apartment that I couldn't even afford and proceeds to do an whole lot, a tremendous amount of sitting around, wathing "Days" and withholding sex. So one day, I get home from work, and see an ecard on there from her to Steve Bender that reveals to me, that perhaps the sex withholding was due to the fact that the fountain had sprung somewhere else. So, in a proactive moment, I turned to the 10 High, and gained enough clarity to throw her out. 3 weeks after hurricane Jocelyn moved into my apartment, hurricane Jocelyn moved out. I lived a great time in Denver for the next 10 months, even one time enjoying some beer with our friend Damocles at the Friday's on 120th, and generally recovering from the destruction of Hurricane Jocelyn.

Then the store closed and I got another promotion to Seattle, this time to peddle hot tubs at the Evergreen State and Puyallup fairs. It was commission only, but that was okay, because country carival goers have more dough than you might think. I made $8400 that month, and got adraw gig at a store. I stayed in Seattle, loving it for another year, and then did the carnival thing again in September of '05. I made $21,000 that month and I spent it like Larry Ellison in an ego shop. For some reason, I still don't know why, I moved back to LA.

2 years I spent in LA, still searching for myself, still enjoying the weekly handle. Still spending each September peddling hot tubs in Seattle, making a lot of whip, taking the winters off. January 11th of 2007, I was on vacation in Hawaii, and I went on a jungle hike, on that hike, I found it, whatever "it" was, but I knew I found it. I decided that I must live in Hawaii.

September of '07, I spent in Seattle at the fairs again, earned $15,000, and on October 17th of 2007, I landed in Hawaii with my suitcase, my guitar, 2 harmonicas and a pair of sandals that I now know are unacceptable on this island.

I've been here ever since, and I will likely never leave. It has been the best 18 months of my life, and I now can be a big ass wind bag about telling people to folow their dreams even if it doesn't make sense to the rest of the world.

Side notes: In April of 2005, Politics.com got clotheslined by fullpolitics.com. Then the site host grew the largest ego ever and revealed private messages of users, then my man Damo started this site and we are all here now.

That is all.
    Good post, Beefy. Glad you made it to where you are happy. And yes, life is very good.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Glad you found "It".

Life isnt easy without "It".

Remember wherever you go, there "It" is.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

beefy is my hero lol I'm not even joking O_O

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

As long as you finish school that is a good thing.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Beefy is an idiot b/c he's a libertarian.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

"and a pair of sandals that I now know are unacceptable on this island."

whats wrong with your sandals?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    As long as you finish school that is a good thing.
    Did you finish school, Evince?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    "and a pair of sandals that I now know are unacceptable on this island."

whats wrong with your sandals?
    No resident here would ever, ever wear these:

It's thongs only out here. In fact, that's one sure fire way to spot a tourist.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Awesome, I still call 'em thongs too!
    Well, I actually call them "slippers" now, but I didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd rather see what WE call thongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Awesome, I still call 'em thongs too!
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.