Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TOP!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Default TOP!!

Clear your pm, it is all full! Regarding new dog,....he's fine,...but we have to take him in to vet today. When we got him he came with a little skin,coat issue they told us about that we have been treating at home but think we need more. Wife says they can give him steroid shot????? We dont want to change his name to Itchy so time to take him in!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

TOP (01-13-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When we got him they gave us a bottle of special shampoo he has been using. Doesnt seem to be doing much. Wife started giving him some Benadryl , also bought special food for coat/skin, also bought some canine pro biotics, some supplements for coat/skin, AND some spray gel anti itch stuff but he HATES it. Very hard to get on him.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When we got him they gave us a bottle of special shampoo he has been using. Doesnt seem to be doing much. Wife started giving him some Benadryl , also bought special food for coat/skin, also bought some canine pro biotics, some supplements for coat/skin, AND some spray gel anti itch stuff but he HATES it. Very hard to get on him.
    What's goin' on with your dog, bro?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    He's itching alot. Has allergies? We rescued him from our local Humane society and we have a VERY good one here so he was well looked after . They told us about it and sent along some special shampoo when we adopted him but so far it hasnt worked. We have had him for a week. Time to go to the vet today and get him more help. I think it is a simple problem most likely. Just have to get it taken care of.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Life is Golden (01-19-2022)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's itching alot. Has allergies? We rescued him from our local Humane society and we have a VERY good one here so he was well looked after . They told us about it and sent along some special shampoo when we adopted him but so far it hasnt worked. We have had him for a week. Time to go to the vet today and get him more help. I think it is a simple problem most likely. Just have to get it taken care of.
    Scratchex, maybe? It's not very cheap, look to burn a 20 for a few bottles. Is it on his back?

I had a dog with bad dandruff and itching. Ended up with heavy-duty cocoa butter every few days. Musk daddy + cocoa butter, oh boy!

Give him a bath and he'll still smell like himself within a day or 2...IF he doesn't get out and go roll in sheep shit or whatever it was he used to roll in that was so stinky. Damn! And he loved it!

Then you're there hosing his ass off after you gave him a bath a couple hours ago and ...whtf did he find to roll in?! A damn dead possum or something?

Motherfucker come back with a back full of shit! Stinky shit! He was a character for sure. Fucking neighborhood dogs come around asking if he can come out and play n stuff.

He was a big ol' short wide black pitbull that liked rap music and thumped his tail to the neighbor boys' bass.

He'd lay in the driveway thumpin' his tail to the beat all kinds of happy.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-13-2022 at 07:46 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Stone (01-13-2022), TOP (01-13-2022)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Scratchex, maybe? It's not very cheap, look to burn a 20 for a few bottles. Is it on his back?
    Not on his back. He itches more on his chest area, sometimes up on his neck. I bought a bottle of canine anti itch spray gel for him but he sure doesnt like it...LOL Will know a lot more after the vet sees him.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,653 Times in 16,582 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Clear your pm, it is all full! Regarding new dog,....he's fine,...but we have to take him in to vet today. When we got him he came with a little skin,coat issue they told us about that we have been treating at home but think we need more. Wife says they can give him steroid shot????? We dont want to change his name to Itchy so time to take him in!
    Done...thanks...!! Keep me posted after the vet visit..you'll get it figured out... I've got a list of things to try as well..and some miracle salve to help out...

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

On his back there IS a small area that doesnt quite look right in his fur. But he cant reach it to scratch so......

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Done...thanks...!! Keep me posted after the vet visit..you'll get it figured out... I've got a list of things to try as well..and some miracle salve to help out...
    Awesome! That would be great! Other than that he acts VERY happy. Will fetch all day long! Loves to play and go for walks and rides.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

TOP (01-13-2022)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had a dog with bad dandruff and itching. Ended up with heavy-duty cocoa butter every few days. Musk daddy + cocoa butter, oh boy!

Give him a bath and he'll still smell like himself within a day or 2...IF he doesn't get out and go roll in sheep shit or whatever it was he used to roll in that was so stinky. Damn! And he loved it!

Then you're there hosing his ass off after you gave him a bath a couple hours ago and ...whtf did he find to roll in?! A damn dead possum or something?

Motherfucker come back with a back full of shit! Stinky shit! He was a character for sure. Fucking neighborhood dogs come around asking if he can come out and play n stuff.

He was a big ol' short wide black pitbull that liked rap music and thumped his tail to the neighbor boys' bass.

Thats awesome!

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Awesome! That would be great! Other than that he acts VERY happy. Will fetch all day long! Loves to play and go for walks and rides.
    Considering his past it could just be a result of his body getting back to "normal"...it could be allergies (chicken is an issue here with one)...I have one that takes melatonin to clear up patches...that's a bully thing...lol.. Farnham Tri-care Wound treatment is a great salve...maybe ask the vet about that...just message me later......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Stone (01-13-2022)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Considering his past it could just be a result of his body getting back to "normal"...it could be allergies (chicken is an issue here with one)...I have one that takes melatonin to clear up patches...that's a bully thing...lol.. Farnham Tri-care Wound treatment is a great salve...maybe ask the vet about that...just message me later......
    K

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Low rider?
    Awww...they're the best...did he pass? I would be happy to coax you into rescuing another...just give me the OK....

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

The dog was injected with Lysol.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Low rider?
    Awww...they're the best...did he pass? I would be happy to coax you into rescuing another...just give me the OK....

Actually my dog fucked the neighbors and I picked him. He was the one laying face down in the food bowl at feeding time, hoovering it up.

Goofy sumbitch! I had to keep him because no one else would understand him.

He'd crank his tail and growl when happy and excited. Sounded like an old car trying to start. A lot of people would misinterpret that.

He had a lot of personality.

A roo roo roo roo roo!