1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default America becoming more liberal, voting more Republican

https://www.studyfinds.org/american-...-more-liberal/

Americans are generally much more liberal than they were 50 years ago, with public views taking a decidedly liberal slant in the 1990s, a new study finds. Despite that shift, researchers from New York University note these changes in public sentiment aren’t translating into today’s politics.
    Why? While the average American may be more liberal today when it comes to topics such as gender, sexuality, race, and personal liberty than in the 1970s, views on polarizing issues like gun control, taxes, and abortion have largely remained the same. Study authors state these polarizing issues still sway voting decisions in a major way.
    “America is a more liberal country now than it was 50 years ago,” says study author and NYU sociologist Michael Hout in a university release. “But its politics do not reflect this because polarizing attitudes and behaviors changed less than either values or lifestyles.”
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Politics is regional, by and large.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

So why has only one Republican presidential candidate won a majority vote this century?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    So why has only one Republican presidential candidate won a majority vote this century?
    curiously enough you confirm the point.

majority vote is meaningless for national office which prevents a couple cities from electing presidents.

the electoral system demands that you win widespread support and this further demonstrates the point of the article.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (01-11-2022)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post

[FONT="]Americans are generally much more liberal than they were 50 years ago, with public views taking a decidedly liberal slant in the 1990s, a new study finds. Despite that shift, researchers from New York University note these changes in public sentiment aren’t translating into today’s politics.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Why? While the average American may be more liberal today when it comes to topics such as gender, sexuality, race, and personal liberty than in the 1970s, views on polarizing issues like gun control, taxes, and abortion have largely remained the same. Study authors state these polarizing issues still sway voting decisions in a major way.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]“America is a more liberal country now than it was 50 years ago,” says study author and NYU sociologist Michael Hout in a university release. “But its politics do not reflect this because polarizing attitudes and behaviors changed less than either values or lifestyles.”[/FONT]
    This is how it always is, when the older generation dies, the populace takes a large step forward. Racism is dying, homophobia is dying, the death penalty is dying, drugs are becoming legal. As the baby boomers die, it’s more exaggerated than usual because they are such a large group of the populace, but we are moving forward, always.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    This is how it always is, when the older generation dies, the populace takes a large step forward. Racism is dying, homophobia is dying, the death penalty is dying, drugs are becoming legal. As the baby boomers die, it’s more exaggerated than usual because they are such a large group of the populace, but we are moving forward, always.
    Congrats Jarod, you about made me fall out of my chair. I am actually speechless that you just said the bold above. Insert mind blown gif here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-13-2022)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Congrats Jarod, you about made me fall out of my chair. I am actually speechless that you just said the bold above. Insert mind blown gif here.
    You dont agree?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You dont agree?
    I am honestly flabbergasted. I am so intrigued as to the bubble you live in.

Allow me to list off the progressive response to you.

We elected a white supremacist to the Presidency. White supremacy and hate crimes have been on the rise since. America does not value black lives. It was seen in the killing of Trayvon Martin, Eric Gardner, Michael Brown, George Floyd and many others. It was the impetus for #BLM. Systemic racism runs rampant in our gov't, Universities and corporate America who continue to block progress for BIPOC. The 1619 Project was created because America will not come to grips with our past and tell the true story of the founding of our country.

This is just the beginning. I could on and on. It blows my mind that you profess to be so progressive and made that statement.

Edit: You spoke in the Woke thread about the need for America to be woke. I don't know if its possible to make a less woke comment.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

majority vote is meaningless for national office which prevents a couple cities from electing presidents.

the electoral system demands that you win widespread support and this further demonstrates the point of the article.
    The electoral College is a subversion of democracy.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The electoral College is a subversion of democracy.
    cry harder

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-13-2022)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

cry harder
    fuck you. sick of you goddam trolls

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,646 Times in 27,301 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

No it doesn't.

There is nothing in the constitution about having to win a majority of the states.

All you have to do is win a majority of the electoral college.

Presidents can, and have, won elections while losing in a majority of states.

In the electoral college, it is mathematically possible, and perfectly legal, to only win in about 12 of the most populous states, and still be elected president.

The president represents the people, not the states.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,097 Times in 12,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

[FONT="]Americans are generally much more liberal than they were 50 years ago, with public views taking a decidedly liberal slant in the 1990s, a new study finds. Despite that shift, researchers from New York University note these changes in public sentiment aren’t translating into today’s politics.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Why? While the average American may be more liberal today when it comes to topics such as gender, sexuality, race, and personal liberty than in the 1970s, views on polarizing issues like gun control, taxes, and abortion have largely remained the same. Study authors state these polarizing issues still sway voting decisions in a major way.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]“America is a more liberal country now than it was 50 years ago,” says study author and NYU sociologist Michael Hout in a university release. “But its politics do not reflect this because polarizing attitudes and behaviors changed less than either values or lifestyles.”[/FONT]
    The Left is increasingly illiberal, America has been hijacked by a regressive WOKE Revolution which rules by decree and abuse.

I call Bull Shit.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    No it doesn't.

There is nothing in the constitution about having to win a majority of the states.

All you have to do is win a majority of the electoral college.

Presidents can, and have, won elections while losing in a majority of states.

In the electoral college, it is mathematically possible, and perfectly legal, to only win in about 12 of the most populous states, and still be elected president.

The president represents the people, not the states.

theoretical math notwithstanding, winning the electoral college HAS required winning more states which has required a platform that appeals to a broader spectrum of Americans. kinda how all men are created equal not just the ones in a few cities...

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Left is increasingly illiberal, America has been hijacked by a regressive WOKE Revolution which rules by decree and abuse.

I call Bull Shit.
    it is precisely because the left has been sprinting to the fringe that they are losing voters to the moderate right.