Members banned from this thread: evince, Truth Detector and BidenPresident

Thread: Lori Lightfoot - Chicago Mayor

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Lori Lightfoot - Chicago Mayor

Anyone here follow Chicago politics all that closely? I only see the headlines from a distance and I was under the impression Lightfoot is a pretty liberal Mayor. My cousin is a public school teacher in Chicago and they are on strike. My cousin is aggressively posting on social media about how Lightfoot doesn't care about public safety or teachers.

I get that in negotiations and when you're on strike people can use hyperbolic rhetoric. And I expect to hear this rhetoric used against say Republicans Governors. But to hear it used against a liberal (black lesbian) Mayor? Kind of shocking.

(And while I love her, my f'ing cousin needs to get back into the classroom. Ridiculous that they are striking right now. This isn't about science and this surely isn't about helping the kids.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (01-11-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Anyone here follow Chicago politics all that closely? I only see the headlines from a distance and I was under the impression Lightfoot is a pretty liberal Mayor. My cousin is a public school teacher in Chicago and they are on strike. My cousin is aggressively posting on social media about how Lightfoot doesn't care about public safety or teachers.

I get that in negotiations and when you're on strike people can use hyperbolic rhetoric. And I expect to hear this rhetoric used against say Republicans Governors. But to hear it used against a liberal (black lesbian) Mayor? Kind of shocking.

(And while I love her, my f'ing cousin needs to get back into the classroom. Ridiculous that they are striking right now. This isn't about science and this surely isn't about helping the kids.)
    John Kass, former columnist with the Chicago Tribune , recently wrote this about the very same subject. https://johnkassnews.com/after-ctu-c...save-her-city/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

TOP (01-11-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

probably a choice between 'Staying home and getting a Paycheck' or 'Go back to teaching a class of unruly Watusies'.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    probably a choice between 'Staying home and getting a Paycheck' or 'Go back to teaching a class of unruly Watusies'.
    Can’t blame them really.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Can’t blame them really.
    If given a choice ...

I had a job at PGT Beauregard School on Canal Street for a short period. It was filled with a bunch of Projectniggers from the Iberville Housing Project.
    The Teacher had to scream all day to get over all the noise the Classroom was making, one guy was using his desk to 'play drums', others were mostly talking among themselves.
    After the Bell rang and the 'students' left, I asked the Teacher "Why don't you start throwing those kids out the window?" (we were on the 2nd floor) She said "You can't touch them or you will be sued".

Total Chaos. They need ex-Marine males as Teachers. Someone needs to restore Order to this ShitShow of 'Learning'.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If given a choice ...

I had a job at PGT Beauregard School on Canal Street for a short period. It was filled with a bunch of Projectniggers from the Iberville Housing Project.
    The Teacher had to scream all day to get over all the noise the Classroom was making, one guy was using his desk to 'play drums', others were mostly talking among themselves.
    After the Bell rang and the 'students' left, I asked the Teacher "Why don't you start throwing those kids out the window?" (we were on the 2nd floor) She said "You can't touch them or you will be sued".

Total Chaos. They need ex-Marine males as Teachers. Someone needs to restore Order to this ShitShow of 'Learning'.
    My sister came out of retirement to teach at a public middle school in Metairie. She lasted about a month . Didn’t even give notice, just didn’t show up anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Jack (01-11-2022)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My sister came out of retirement to teach at a public middle school in Metairie. She lasted about a month . Didn’t even give notice, just didn’t show up anymore.
    Metairie may have been better. Beauregard ... Urban Ghetto.

Good News though, Anonymoose. The school has been renamed ('OJ Simpson' or something) and I'm sure it's totally different today.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

anonymoose (01-11-2022)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Metairie may have been better. Beauregard ... Urban Ghetto.:
    One of the kids rarely came to class, never turned in assignments and flunked every test he bothered to show up for and take , so guess what? She had the audacity to fail him! Black principal called her in , accused her of being rayciss and that was the last straw.
    Of course there were other incidents.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Jack (01-11-2022)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One of the kids rarely came to class, never turned in assignments and flunked every test he bothered to show up for and take , so guess what? She had the audacity to fail him! Black principal called her in , accused her of being rayciss and that was the last straw.
    Of course there were other incidents.
    Yeah. That's what is fucked up with down south. Everything is 'Racist'. All the Teachers are White, all the Students are Black. When the kids finally get out into the real world, they find the Police less forgiving than the Teachers. School to Prison is No Joke.

Bring in ex-Marine Black male teachers to 'Teach'. No more 'she's racist' bullshit. It's really a disservice to the kids that have already been dealt a bad hand.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

If given a choice ...

I dont care for that kind of talk much. I have a good friend that came from one of the worst projects in south Florida. But that didnt mean he had to stay there. Extremely smart guy. He worked hard,...stayed out of trouble which can be hard to do as a young guy in that kind of area,...he put his nose to the grind stone and ended up maxing out all he could do in HS. So much so that he actually ended up at Harvard on scholarship. Got his degrees and the rest is history. Ended up working for a major corporation and is an executive there. High 6 figure income,....nice home and all the toys, awesome family and wife. Fantastic person....and strong conservative btw. It is not about where you START....but where you finish.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Same friend?.....He takes a ton of shit from certain black folks. They call him a sell out bla bla bla. Not ALL,...just some mind you. Its all BULLSHIT. It is envy,....pure and simple.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I dont care for that kind of talk much. I have a good friend that came from one of the worst projects in south Florida. But that didnt mean he had to stay there. Extremely smart guy. He worked hard,...stayed out of trouble which can be hard to do as a young guy in that kind of area,...he put his nose to the grind stone and ended up maxing out all he could do in HS. So much so that he actually ended up at Harvard on scholarship. Got his degrees and the rest is history. Ended up working for a major corporation and is an executive there. High 6 figure income,....nice home and all the toys, awesome family and wife. Fantastic person....and strong conservative btw. It is not about where you START....but where you finish.
    Yeah. Odds are against you no matter which way you turn, and you make it.

Do you think a Chaotic learning experience as described above, help his (or anyone else's) chance for Success?

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah. Odds are against you no matter which way you turn, and you make it.

Do you think a Chaotic learning experience as described above, help his (or anyone else's) chance for Success?
    I would say HELL NO! But...a person has to persevere against all odds because it is YOUR LIFE and if the individual doesnt do it nobody else will do it for them. Just gotta keep POUNDING THAT ROCK! Eventually that mo fo will BREAK! Thats how I see it anyway.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would say HELL NO! But...a person has to persevere against all odds because it is YOUR LIFE and if the individual doesnt do it nobody else will do it for them. Just gotta keep POUNDING THAT ROCK! Eventually that mo fo will BREAK! Thats how I see it anyway.
    I think the Discussion is about 'The School System'.
    IMO, getting better control on the Learning Environment is critical.
    Urban Blacks not only are short-changed by being poor and being from (usually) poorly educated families, they face a Chaotic School Experience.

I was talking to this black guy that said he "loved books', about his opinion on Martin Luther. He said "Martin Luther King was a Great Man".
    So, I'm not sure Urban Blacks get much of a rounded education because 'learning' is NOT the Goal. It's more a 'Holding Tank' ... until they can go to Prison.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Stone (01-11-2022)