Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The GOP is A HOAX

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Original question: What are the values of the Democrats that make them so desirable to vote for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    They tried to expand health care for the working and middle class (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    You can't expand what they already have. Nationalizing health care insurance made health care insurance less available and more expensive. Obamacare has failed. Communism doesn't work.
    They try to protect women's reproductive rights (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    Women are completely free to reproduce (with the help of men, of course). Murder is not 'reproductive rights'.
    They try to strengthen and protect voting rights for all Americans (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    Election fraud is not protecting or strengthening voting rights. Attempting to change the Constitution by edict and usurp the authority of the States is not protecting or strengthening voting rights.
    They look out for the interests of average working people above the interests of corporations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    Raising taxes does nothing for the interests of working people or corporations. Labeling corporation as 'evil' does not help the interests of average working people. Forcing businesses to close and be destroyed due to fear mongering over The Sniffles does not help the average working people. Causing shortages through price controls and shuttering transportation industries such as maritime shipping is not helping the average working people.
    They try to protect the environment and strengthen environmental regulations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    Destroying water collection systems does not strengthen the environment. Windmills and solar power do not strengthen the environment. Your arrogance does not strengthen the environment. Banning CO2 using a religion does not strengthen the environment. CO2 is a necessary gas for life to exist on Earth. Denying science and engineering does not strengthen the environment.
    I'm sure there are a few more reasons I could list, but I think that should suffice.
    It sufficed. It sufficed to show what liars Democrats are.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obamacare was modelled after a plan devised by The Heritage Foundation, a right-wing conservative think tank.
    No. Obama was never a member of the Heritage Foundation. Neither was Hillary.
    They came up with it to counter the plan Hillary Clinton proposed as FLOTUS in Bill Clinton's first term.
    Obama wasn't running against Hillary.
    The Repugnant Party touted that same individual mandate based plan as their alternative to what they dubbed "Hillarycare".
    Mandating government health insurance and replacing private health insurance companies with it is unconstitutional. Communism doesn't work. Neither does fascism.
    Obama knew there was no chance in hell the Repugnants and some conservative Democrats would allow universal health care to become law, so he borrowed the idea from them.
    There is no such thing as a 'conservative Democrat'. Obama is not a Republican.
    Magically, as soon as a Democrat POTUS proposed it with minor changes, the Repugnants were suddenly against it.
    Communism doesn't work. It is also unconstitutional. Obamacare has already failed, but the health insurance industry was severely damaged in the process.
    That was all done by the courts. The Democrats had nothing to do with it.

Claim it was "lib'rul" judges like I know you will, but if you can't prove it, you're full of shit.
    Murder is illegal.
    Gross exaggeration and oversimplification.
    You can't make the evidence disappear by belittling it.
    Suffice it to say that in rural poor communities where the topic is an issue,
    It didn't happen there. Pivot fallacy.
    there have never been large scale or even significant numbers of fraud cases. The penalties for it have always been severe enough to discourage people from engaging in it to begin with.
    You can't make the evidence of election fraud disappear by wishing or pivoting.
    Hence, there has been no evidence to suggest they are even necessary.
    You can't make the evidence of election fraud by Democrats disappear by declaring corrections to law unnecessary. You cannot use this excuse to change the Constitution and usurp authority of the States.
    The Repugnants understand that for people in these rural poor, mostly Democrat voting districts, getting to an office to obtain an official ID can be a very difficult, sometimes impossible task.
    BULLSHIT. It is as simple as getting a photo for a drivers's license, passport, or company ID.
    [QUOTE=Nomad;4890891]
    I had to obtain a new birth certificate in 2011 and it was ridiculously difficult. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops.
    BULLSHIT. Contact the registrar of records, pay the fee, and have it mailed to you.
    By working to make corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes so that working and middle class families won't have to shoulder it all themselves.
    BULLSHIT! Class warfare. Corporations under Obama paid a tax rate of 52%! The more an individual makes, the higher the tax rate (the top tier was 37% in 2018). A family making $60k/yr paid only about 15% by comparison (Federal taxes). Still WAY too high!
    The Dems are in fact following science by working to lower vehicle emissions and reduce then eventually eliminate the use of fossil fuels.
    You deny science, specifically the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.
    You deny chemistry too.
    There is no such thing as fossil fuel. Fossils don't burn. We don't use them for fuel.
    Electric cars do NOT eliminate the use of oil, coal, or natural gas. You still have to charge them. That requires more and more power plants. Hydrogen cars do NOT eliminate the use of oil, coal, or natural gas. You still have to produce the hydrogen. That requires more and more power plants. Hydrogen is bulky and has problems with fueling. Such vehicles use 4000psi tanks...very dangerous. Fueling them requires a pump capable of putting that much pressure in the tank. While possible, the expanding gas freezes the filler nozzle to the car. Pressurizing hydrogen also requires power and is a dangerous operation.
    We also work to enforce laws against chemical pollution of groundwater,
    Define 'chemical pollution of groundwater'. Water is a chemical. Dirt is also chemicals. I don't think you know what 'potable' means.
    the building of risky and unnecessary oil pipelines,
    Banning pipelines forces oil to be shipped by truck and train, a much more dangerous method and one prone to MORE oil spills. That form of transportation is also more expensive, wasting fuel.
    drilling for oil and other development of environmentally sensitive lands
    Define 'environmentally sensitive land'. Buzzword fallacy. Why is drilling a hole 'environmentally insensitive'? Most oil (and water wells) are drilled on privately owned land.
    and preservation of national park and wilderness lands.
    Already done. A theft of private property by Democrats.
    All those areas which the Repugnants want to sell off to t1heir wealthy, greedy corporate campaign contributors.
    What sale?
    Jet contrails are some weirdo conspiracy kook bullshit.
    Nope. Jet contrails are a very real thing. They consist of liquid water (the visible part) and CO2.
    Nuclear is too dangerous to risk.
    Not at all. Recycling the used fuel from a normal reactor into a breeder reactor can still produce usable power. The waste product from that reactor can be disposed of in any ordinary landfill. Properly designed, such plants are completely safe. Even the disaster that struck Fukushima destroying reactor #2 resulted in no disastrous release of radioactive material. People live and work normally a mere 2 blocks away without any ill effect. Robots are being used to clean up the mess (built in the States!).
    The answer to your question is "As little as possible."
    The result is the SOTC (what was once the State of California). Insufficient power, even to charge the electric cars, insufficient water, insufficient supplies, homeless defecating openly on sidewalks and streets, crime and open looting in the cities and now spreading to the suburbs, and people LEAVING. The SOTC is now covered with poor roads, abandoned farms, ranches, and orchards (turning to weeds), and devastation everywhere.

No thanks.
    No, it shows that Democrats are better human beings than Repugnants and answers your moronic question about why one should vote for them.
    The conditions in the SOTC show otherwise. The conditions in the SOTNY (what was once the State of New York) show otherwise. The conditions in any Democrat run city, such as Detroit, show otherwise.

They all show why you should NOT vote for Democrats.

The Democrats discard the Constitution of the United States and the constitutions of the several States.

* They do not believe in free speech. They believe in censorship. They do not believe in free religious belief. They believe in state religions and banning religions.
    * They do not believe in the inherent right of self defense. They believe in banning guns and other weapons.
    * They do not believe in privacy. They believe in snooping and snitching on your neighbor.
    * They do not believe in trial by jury or right to trial. They believe in conviction without trial and in passing bills of attainder (banned in Article I).
    * They do not believe in private property. They believe in dictating use of your private property for 'the public good', usually without any compensation.
    * They do not believe in justice. They believe in vengeance.
    * They believe that rights are only those allowed by the government.
    * They believe in usurping the authority of the States.
    * They believe in banning the electoral college, thus removing representation by less populous States.
    * They believe in racism, bigotry, and slavery. They are constantly bringing up class division, race division, and using 'colored people' as pawns.
    * They believe in punishing the 'rich', especially by levying taxes differently according the enumeration of certain classes (in violation of the 14th and 16th amendments).

These also show why you should NOT vote for Democrats.
    Last edited by Into the Night; 01-12-2022 at 03:59 AM.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

TL/DR.

All that time and effort for NOTHING!!!!

I literally did not read one word of either that shit ^^^

Or T.A. Gardner's mountain of bullshit on the previous page.

You both wasted a ton of effort concocting two huge piles of lies that I literally did not read one word of!!!!

Fuck you both.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What, exactly, is the "elite class"?
    That is the most bizarre of Republican arguments. They are 'fighting elites' so they elect a grifter billionaire?

???
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-12-2022), Phantasmal (01-12-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2022)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello =reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    ...so true

Their:

Leadership - does not exist

Family values - does not exist

Morality - does not exist

Law & order - does not exist

Science awareness - does not exist

Historical knowledge - does not exist

Honor - does not exist

Liberty - does not exist

Accountability - does not exist

Trustworthiness - does not exist

Kindness - does not exist

Civil - does not exist

Loyalty to the U.S. Constitution - does not exist

Sound economics - does not exist

Courage - does not exist
    They make all the same accusations about Democrats. And they have their own information stream to support their beliefs.

They think they've got 'morality' covered because they want to protect 'unborn babies*.'

* There is no such thing. Every baby human has been born. Before they are born, they are technically a fetus.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    That is the most bizarre of Republican arguments. They are 'fighting elites' so they elect a grifter billionaire?

???
    I never got that, either. #TRE45ON wouldn't even LOOK at one of them if they passed on the street, much less stop and have a conversation. It was said that ppl voted for W because "he's a guy you could sit down and have a beer with," IOW an average guy. But #TRE45ON? He would not only NEVER have a beer (or Diet Coke) with you; he wouldn't be caught dead in the same room as you.

But yeah, they're against "elitism." I think that's just a dog whistle for "better educated," or "better job than I have" or "has a newer car than mine."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-12-2022), PoliTalker (01-13-2022)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

???
    Hallucination.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TL/DR.

All that time and effort for NOTHING!!!!

I literally did not read one word of either that shit ^^^

Or T.A. Gardner's mountain of bullshit on the previous page.

You both wasted a ton of effort concocting two huge piles of lies that I literally did not read one word of!!!!

Fuck you both.
    Bulverism fallacy.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello =reagansghost,

They make all the same accusations about Democrats. And they have their own information stream to support their beliefs.

They think they've got 'morality' covered because they want to protect 'unborn babies*.'

* There is no such thing. Every baby human has been born. Before they are born, they are technically a fetus.
    Denial of the reproductive process. Denial of genetics.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Bulverism fallacy.
    Fallacy gimmick fallacy.

Convenient excuse to dodge issues fallacy.

Too stupid to give real answer fallacy.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fallacy gimmick fallacy.

Insult fallacies. Denial of logic. Mockery. Bulverism fallacy. Void argument fallacy. Trolling. No argument presented.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Insult fallacies. Denial of logic. Mockery. Bulverism fallacy. Void argument fallacy. Trolling. No argument presented.
    Blabbering about fallacies gimmick fallacy.

Lack of ability to argue honestly.

No argument presented.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Blabbering about fallacies gimmick fallacy.

Lack of ability to argue honestly.

No argument presented.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Fallacy gimmick fallacy.

I'll give you passing points for mockery here. Not highly inventive or subtle, but certainly more than adequate.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Meaningless bullshit fallacy.
    C'MON MAN!!!!