1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wrong again.

There are no humans or other life forms lower than the shit that puts the likes of Trump, McConnell et al in public office.
    lol....look everybody!....here's a low life shitbag who doesn't realize he's a low life shitbag!.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Rebellion Against The Failed Elite Class is no joke.

Just look at where we are.
    What, exactly, is the "elite class"?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol....look everybody!....here's a low life shitbag who doesn't realize he's a low life shitbag!.......
    I'm glad you recognize that about yourself and we all agree with your self assessment ^^^, but when you talk so openly about yourself like that, it's really just TMI.

Kinda creepy, too.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Bulverism fallacy.
    Blowhard gasbag fallacy.

Don't know your ass from a hole in the ground fallacy.

Yammering idiot fallacy.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,274 Times in 13,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

The reason why the GOP "leaders" (they aren't) are so lacking in virtues, is because the kind of voters they and their repugnance appeals to, demand that they be that way so that they and their non-leaders will reflect each other's lack of values.

So what it boils down to, is that not only are these non-leaders not leaders, they are in fact followers.

The non-leaders are following those who they are supposed to be leading.
    So, you say the GOP "lacks values." What exactly are the values of the Democrats that make them so desirable to vote for?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (01-12-2022)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    GOP is becoming a criminal party.
    What is your opinion of dem d.a.’s in Chicago, NYC, and Philadelphia, et al who are actively keeping criminals from being incarcerated?
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-12-2022 at 09:11 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

The reason why the GOP "leaders" (they aren't) are so lacking in virtues, is because the kind of voters they and their repugnance appeals to, demand that they be that way so that they and their non-leaders will reflect each other's lack of values.

So what it boils down to, is that not only are these non-leaders not leaders, they are in fact followers.

The non-leaders are following those who they are supposed to be leading.
    you're an idiot.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So, you say the GOP "lacks values." What exactly are the values of the Democrats that make them so desirable to vote for?
    They tried to expand health care for the working and middle class (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).

They try to protect women's reproductive rights (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).

They try to strengthen and protect voting rights for all Americans (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).

They look out for the interests of average working people above the interests of corporations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).

They try to protect the environment and strengthen environmental regulations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).

I'm sure there are a few more reasons I could list, but I think that should suffice.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're an idiot.
    You're a mindless idiot.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They tried to expand health care for the working and middle class (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    By turning it into a one-size-fits-all government program for everybody but the rich. That is, taking away your choice of health care and providers and giving you a crappy government run program instead. How's that better for everyone?

They try to protect women's reproductive rights (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    While stripping men of their rights to equal access, and unfairly forcing them into child support for children they had no say in having. How's that fair?

They try to strengthen and protect voting rights for all Americans (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    Really? By making voter ID laws illegal? By letting 16 and 17 year olds register to vote? By not requiring any identification when registering to vote? How about ballot harvesting where anyone can handle your ballot without your knowledge? How does any of that "protect voting rights?" Yet, that's what they want.

They look out for the interests of average working people above the interests of corporations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    How are they doing that? By forcing you to join a union against your will? By eliminating right-to-work?

They try to protect the environment and strengthen environmental regulations (only to have the Repugnants block them at every turn).
    How are they doing that? They certainly don't "follow the science" in wanting battery cars, solar, and wind. They ignore the issue of jet contrails almost entirely. Nuclear is considered evil by them. How much pollution should we allow? That question only gets either blank stares or it gets the insane answer of "none."

I'm sure there are a few more reasons I could list, but I think that should suffice.
    I agree. That list shows how utterly insane and stupid the Left, and by extension now, the Democrats have become.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By turning it into a one-size-fits-all government program for everybody but the rich. That is, taking away your choice of health care and providers and giving you a crappy government run program instead. How's that better for everyone?
    Obamacare was modelled after a plan devised by The Heritage Foundation, a right-wing conservative think tank. They came up with it to counter the plan Hillary Clinton proposed as FLOTUS in Bill Clinton's first term.

The Repugnant Party touted that same individual mandate based plan as their alternative to what they dubbed "Hillarycare".

Obama knew there was no chance in hell the Repugnants and some conservative Democrats would allow universal health care to become law, so he borrowed the idea from them.

Magically, as soon as a Democrat POTUS proposed it with minor changes, the Repugnants were suddenly against it.

While stripping men of their rights to equal access, and unfairly forcing them into child support for children they had no say in having. How's that fair?
    That was all done by the courts. The Democrats had nothing to do with it.

Claim it was "lib'rul" judges like I know you will, but if you can't prove it, you're full of shit.

Really? By making voter ID laws illegal? By letting 16 and 17 year olds register to vote? By not requiring any identification when registering to vote? How about ballot harvesting where anyone can handle your ballot without your knowledge? How does any of that "protect voting rights?" Yet, that's what they want.
    Gross exaggeration and oversimplification.

Suffice it to say that in rural poor communities where the topic is an issue, there have never been large scale or even significant numbers of fraud cases. The penalties for it have always been severe enough to discourage people from engaging in it to begin with.

Hence, there has been no evidence to suggest they are even necessary.

The Repugnants understand that for people in these rural poor, mostly Democrat voting districts, getting to an office to obtain an official ID can be a very difficult, sometimes impossible task.

I had to obtain a new birth certificate in 2011 and it was ridiculously difficult. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops.

How are they doing that? By forcing you to join a union against your will? By eliminating right-to-work?
    By working to make corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes so that working and middle class families won't have to shoulder it all themselves.

How are they doing that? They certainly don't "follow the science" in wanting battery cars, solar, and wind. They ignore the issue of jet contrails almost entirely. Nuclear is considered evil by them. How much pollution should we allow? That question only gets either blank stares or it gets the insane answer of "none."
    The Dems are in fact following science by working to lower vehicle emissions and reduce then eventually eliminate the use of fossil fuels.

We also work to enforce laws against chemical pollution of groundwater, the building of risky and unnecessary oil pipelines, drilling for oil and other development of environmentally sensitive lands and preservation of national park and wilderness lands.

All those ares which the Repugnants want to sell off to their wealthy, greedy corporate campaign contributors.

Jet contrails are some weirdo conspiracy kook bullshit. Nuclear is too dangerous to risk.

The answer to your question is "As little as possible."

I agree. That list shows how utterly insane and stupid the Left, and by extension now, the Democrats have become.
    No, it shows that Democrats are better human beings than Repugnants and answers your moronic question about why one should vote for them.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obamacare was modelled after a plan devised by The Heritage Foundation, a right-wing conservative think tank. They came up with it to counter the plan Hillary Clinton proposed as FLOTUS in Bill Clinton's first term.

The Repugnant Party touted that same individual mandate based plan as their alternative to what they dubbed "Hillarycare".

Obama knew there was no chance in hell the Repugnants and some conservative Democrats would allow universal health care to become law, so he borrowed the idea from them.

Magically, as soon as a Democrat POTUS proposed it with minor changes, the Repugnants were suddenly against it.
    None of that changes what I said. The Democrats didn't improve the provision of healthcare in America with Obamacare, and in many cases made it worse. Thus, their supposed expansion of health coverage actually was a detriment to those you purport it was to help.

That was all done by the courts. The Democrats had nothing to do with it.
    No, the Democrats had the ability to change things to make this fair, but like much the Left does--and today the Left is running the Democrat party--they don't want what's democratically decided. A perfect example of this is gay marriage.

The Democrats and Left said they wanted to put gay marriage on the ballot and let people decide what they wanted. In 35 states gay marriage was voted down. Hell, in California they voted to change their state constitution to make it illegal! California!
    What did the Left do? What they always do. They said the people didn't know what the fuck they were thinking and took the issue to court. They shopped judges and got all of that overruled repeatedly by gay marriage friendly judges. They trampled democracy in the name of their dogmatic and myopic political views.

Claim it was "lib'rul" judges like I know you will, but if you can't prove it, you're full of shit.
    One could start with the issue of abortion being ruled in favor of by the Warren Supreme Court out of thin air. Roe v. Wade was ruled on from the bench. There was nothing in law or the constitution that created a right to abortion.

Gross exaggeration and oversimplification.

Suffice it to say that in rural poor communities where the topic is an issue, there have never been large scale or even significant numbers of fraud cases. The penalties for it have always been severe enough to discourage people from engaging in it to begin with.

Hence, there has been no evidence to suggest they are even necessary.

The Repugnants understand that for people in these rural poor, mostly Democrat voting districts, getting to an office to obtain an official ID can be a very difficult, sometimes impossible task.

I had to obtain a new birth certificate in 2011 and it was ridiculously difficult. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops.
    It isn't. It is accurate. How does allowing persons not eligible to vote register to vote make elections more fair? How does making legal all sorts of means to vote with no means of verification of the voter more fair? Those are things in Third World dictatorships, not leading nations. As for your problems getting a birth certificate, anecdote is not evidence.

Absence of evidence isn't absence of presence. Making voter fraud easier to perpetrate and harder to catch is hardly something we should be encouraging. HR 1 and 3 both do exactly that.

By working to make corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes so that working and middle class families won't have to shoulder it all themselves.
    Define fair share. Working and Middle Clas families generally don't pay that much in taxes to begin with. You have to hit the upper end of the Middle Class before you start really coughing up. I'd also say that the complexity of the tax code for those people is a penalty in itself. It costs me nearly $500 a year using an accountant with a CPA to do my taxes, and they come out in a folder over an inch thick. That doesn't include the time I have to waste preparing all the documents and then sitting there working with my accountant to do the taxes.
    Then there's this:

Explain how it benefits the nation that employers spend that sort of money meeting government regulations per employee. It's only gotten worse since 2012. How is that "fair" to employees or employers?

The Dems are in fact following science by working to lower vehicle emissions and reduce then eventually eliminate the use of fossil fuels.
    No they're not. They are following what's popular on the Left and with Leftist environmental groups. If they were following the science, they'd be pushing nuclear power to replace coal. But they aren't.

We also work to enforce laws against chemical pollution of groundwater, the building of risky and unnecessary oil pipelines, drilling for oil and other development of environmentally sensitive lands and preservation of national park and wilderness lands.
    That doesn't answer the question of How much pollution should we allow? It also avoids the issue that solar and wind create pollution of their own, including the masses of land clear cut or otherwise changed to put that shit on.

All those ares which the Repugnants want to sell off to their wealthy, greedy corporate campaign contributors.
    A non sequitur without proof.

Jet contrails are some weirdo conspiracy kook bullshit. Nuclear is too dangerous to risk.
    You are dead flat wrong on both counts.

Do airplane contrails add to climate change? Yes, and the problem is about to get worse.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...et-ncna1034521

Global Warming Caused by Airplane Contrails Poised to Increase, New Study Says
    https://weather.com/science/environm...global-warming

Nuclear power is safer than using fossil fuels. For that matter, its actually safer than wind and solar. Of course, you're having been brainwashed with Leftist environmentalist propaganda that is often nothing but outright lies, like this bullshit:

Fukushima Nuclear Disaster’s Radiation Detected on US Shores, Is It Harmful?
    https://www.mobipicker.com/fukushima...hores-harmful/

See that picture? That isn't even the Fukushima nuclear power plant. It's an unrelated chemical fire in Japan. This site produces nothing but lies about that disaster. It is hardly the only one.

https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/...0-433a239f0fee
    https://sites.suffolk.edu/jstraka/20...lear-disaster/
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...oing-get-worse
    https://hotbokepvideo.blogspot.com/

There are dozens of such Leftist environmentalist sites that purvey nothing but bullshit lies about nuclear power. When confronted, they ignore you.

The answer to your question is "As little as possible."
    Bad answer. That puts reducing pollution ahead of the public good on a broader scale. It's the same sort of idiot answer as "Safety first."

No, it shows that Democrats are better human beings than Repugnants and answers your moronic question about why one should vote for them.
    Wrong. It shows that Democrats are shallow non-thinkers who put feelings and personal desires ahead of the public good. Democrats play to childish emotions and the sort of vague nonsense the uneducated often spout.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,121 Times in 11,694 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What, exactly, is the "elite class"?
    Democrat leaders.

Other Democrats think they are the elite class, but they are just useful idiots.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Blowhard gasbag fallacy.

Don't know your ass from a hole in the ground fallacy.

Yammering idiot fallacy.
    Denial of logic. Insult fallacies. Trolling. No argument presented.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're an idiot.
    Insult fallacy. No argument presented.