Thread: Top 15 cities with the highest homeless population

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You can say the same thing about any place. Big, lib'rul city or small redneck town.

Why is it OK to make broad brush generalizations about one, but you piss your panties when it gets done regarding the other?

And where did I say that all Republicans are rednecks?

Sounds like something hit a nerve there.

Maybe a little too close to home.....?
    So you want to deny your own arguments, eh? Okay.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    FWC put you in jail for fishing without a license. I can't just decide to blow off work 1 day and go fishing twice a year or so. Gotta have that license first if you don't want to be arrested and/or fined.

Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me. You just can't go fishing, you have to get a license with all the proper stamps first. Talk about restricting freedom? That does it.
    VA requires licenses. FWC sounds federal which I dont get.

VA uses the proceeds to pay for its restocking programs and boat version of the state police. Believe it or not, you can get a DUI driving a damn boat. The restocking is helpful as a lot of people fish here (lots of rivers streams and lakes/ponds).

However the fricking dem guv a few back raised the living shit out of the rates to buy votes. Used to be like $4.00 which was fair.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #138 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post

VA uses the proceeds to pay for its restocking programs and boat version of the state police. Believe it or not, you can get a DUI driving a damn boat. The restocking is helpful as a lot of people fish here (lots of rivers streams and lakes/ponds).

However the fricking dem guv a few back raised the living shit out of the rates to buy votes. Used to be like $4.00 which was fair.
    PA does as well. In fact, you need a trout stamp along with the license or you get a hefty fine. As to boating, PA Fish & Game Commission patrols the rivers and will arrest you with a beer operating a fucking john-boat. Hell, they might arrest you paddling a canoe or a kayak with a beer (I'm not positive about that though).
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-10-2022)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For the sake of discussion you referenced that the lowest dregs of society vote Democratic.
    Rather by definition, since Democrats are the lowest dregs of society themselves.
    Traditionally Democrats were the party of the working class
    Democrats NEVER supported people that work in trades. There is no 'class'.
    and garnered a majority of the votes among those without a college degree.
    Four term fallacy. College degree doesn't have any correlation to anything here.
    That's started to change however and I believe Trump won a majority of non college educated voters. And then he had the famous speech in Nevada where he was riffing on all the groups he liked and at one point said "I love the poorly educated". That pretty much cemented Democrats now hating most non college educated people and we now have Republican Congressmen suggesting people drop out of college.
    Four term fallacy. College degree doesn't have any correlation to anything here.
    And think about Bernie supporters who are the ones most likely to support progressive DA's and the like. Many of them are young and college educated. And plenty of educated economically well to do people vote for progressive policies. I've seen it for decades.
    College has nothing to do with how well someone does economically.

There are a lot of college educated idiots that work at McDonald's.
    There are a lot of college educated idiots that don't work at all! They are on welfare!
    Do you know how rich you can become by being a plumber?

Bill Gates happens to be a college dropout. He is a Democrat, of course, but that's immaterial to how much money he's made from Microsoft.

College does not have anything to do with how rich someone becomes. That has more to do with innovation and drive, not college.

I have seen a lot of incompetent DA's (Kenosha a recent very public example). I've seen a lot of incompetent defense attorneys as well. Some of these guys are doing so bad economically they can't even afford a decent suit for the courtroom.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

anonymoose (01-10-2022)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

You think that is new to me?!
    It depends. Do you have Alzheimer's?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

You can't do nothin' without a license, and FWC has more power than any cops in FL.

I shit you not, at Christmas my cousin's telling the story of how he got by with keeping the fish he had that were just under or over-sized or some silly nonsense after being boarded by FWC.

I'd like to see DeSantis dial them back a notch for sure!

If you want to blow off work and go fishing you have to:

A) Purchase a fishing license

B) Purchase the appropriate stamp for the fish you're trying to catch and anything else you might that day that you wanna keep or you have to throw them back. (to remain legal)

What a bunch of shit!

https://myfwc.com/
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-10-2022 at 08:06 AM.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It depends. Do you have Alzheimer's?

I was competing directly against illegal labor 30 years ago.

Increasing it doesn't help Americans at all.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-10-2022 at 08:17 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Into the Night (01-11-2022)

11. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    PA does as well. In fact, you need a trout stamp along with the license or you get a hefty fine. As to boating, PA Fish & Game Commission patrols the rivers and will arrest you with a beer operating a fucking john-boat. Hell, they might arrest you paddling a canoe or a kayak with a beer (I'm not positive about that though).

I think you're allowed a beer or 2 here, but cannot be visibly drunk. Basically it's like driving DUI was around 30 years ago.

1 beer is ok, but if you're sloshed, you're goin' down!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was competing directly against illegal labor 30 years ago.

Increasing it doesn't help Americans at all.
    The only people advocating for increasing illegal labor is big business. They like paying half the wages and then writing off full wages on their taxes.

Don't blame Nurse Ratched; blame the people who put her in charge.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

You can't do nothin' without a license, and FWC has more power than any cops in FL.

I shit you not, at Christmas my cousin's telling the story of how he got by with keeping the fish he had that were just under or over-sized or some silly nonsense after being boarded by FWC.

I'd like to see DeSantis dial them back a notch for sure!

If you want to blow off work and go fishing you have to:

A) Purchase a fishing license

B) Purchase the appropriate stamp for the fish you're trying to catch and anything else you might that day that you wanna keep or you have to throw them back. (to remain legal)

What a bunch of shit!

https://myfwc.com/

ah ha, that "F" is for Florida. that actually starts to make sense.

I think FLA needs to back off the shit for RESIDENTS so that it can manage the UGE numbers of VISITORS that it gets.

Y'all have great fishing down there as you well know and lets face it, a LOT of people go there from somewhere else in part to fish. Hell my brother used to go there routinely for sail and other exotic fishing and to be honest it kinda needs to be dialed back as the drain on sport fish is pretty dramatic.

But regular Floridians should be able to fish.

That said and I don't now if this applies down there but in Georgia where they have trout fishing which requires regular restocking, locals know the restocking schedule and go up in the hills and take every damn trout that gets dropped and sta a step ahead of Fish and Game wardens which f*cks things up for everybody.

Mayber the answer is no fishing unless you have a kid with you. All kids should know the joys of fishing.

I'll never forget taking my daughter fishing at the pond down the street for the first time. Got her a Minnie Mouse rod and a can of corn, baited her up, she cast for literally the first time and bang got a hit from some unsuspecting sun fish ! She screamed, threw her rod and ran to me ! We walk back, pick up the rod and by some coincidence she had set the hook and the fish was still attached ! So she reels it in smiling and giggling. She has since remained the best fisherman in the family and is prone to catching unusual things such as an octopus and flying fish.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-10-2022)

16. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ah ha, that "F" is for Florida. that actually starts to make sense.

I think FLA needs to back off the shit for RESIDENTS so that it can manage the UGE numbers of VISITORS that it gets.

Y'all have great fishing down there as you well know and lets face it, a LOT of people go there from somewhere else in part to fish. Hell my brother used to go there routinely for sail and other exotic fishing and to be honest it kinda needs to be dialed back as the drain on sport fish is pretty dramatic.

But regular Floridians should be able to fish.

That said and I don't now if this applies down there but in Georgia where they have trout fishing which requires regular restocking, locals know the restocking schedule and go up in the hills and take every damn trout that gets dropped and sta a step ahead of Fish and Game wardens which f*cks things up for everybody.

Mayber the answer is no fishing unless you have a kid with you. All kids should know the joys of fishing.

I'll never forget taking my daughter fishing at the pond down the street for the first time. Got her a Minnie Mouse rod and a can of corn, baited her up, she cast for literally the first time and bang got a hit from some unsuspecting sun fish ! She screamed, threw her rod and ran to me ! We walk back, pick up the rod and by some coincidence she had set the hook and the fish was still attached ! So she reels it in smiling and giggling. She has since remained the best fisherman in the family and is prone to catching unusual things such as an octopus and flying fish.
    Hell I bet Concart pays for a charter boat. Too bad he's in the area with a lot less fish. There's everything where I am.

I take that back, no Stripers. Fuck Stripers anyway when there's 10 others to take their place.
    Seriously. I love fishing, and when I was growing up you didn't have to have a license. You did have to know what you were fishing for and the best bait & tackle to get 'em.

Lot of them Alligator Gars like to steal bait so you use cut-up shiners that stay on the hook. Them gars can nibble a shrimp off and you won't feel anything. They're good at it.

17. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,497 Times in 7,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Importing more Mexicans?
    We have a hockey arena which is no longer being used for hockey. The homeless can sleep there or in prison..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

19. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    We have a hockey arena which is no longer being used for hockey. The homeless can sleep there or in prison..

This is devolution of society.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

21. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thumbs up meet the requirements.

I got duped. He’s a mooch.

dupe (do͞op, dyo͞op)
    n.
    A person who is easily deceived or is used to carry out the designs of another.

mooch
    /mo͞oCH/
    Learn to pronounce
    verbINFORMAL
    verb: mooch; 3rd person present: mooches; past tense: mooched; past participle: mooched; gerund or present participle: mooching
    1. NORTH AMERICAN
    ask for or obtain (something) without paying for it.

They don’t exceed expectations or meet expectations. They just . . . .

wing it. To do or attempt something with little preparation in advance; to improvise.
    Oh man, I totally forgot that I'm supposed to do this presentation today—I'll just have to wing it.

22. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only people advocating for increasing illegal labor is big business.
    Individuals are not big business.
    They like paying half the wages and then writing off full wages on their taxes.
    That's cooking the books, dude, and very illegal. You will easily get caught by the IRS.