Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The mother of Ashli Babbitt speaks one year after her daughter’s death

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I’m sure you do. But Trump didn’t steal her vote.
    No, you and he just convinced her that someone else did.

Then you didn't bother to back her up when she went nuts in DC about it.

So you spent months riling her up, pointing her at DC, then didn't go to DC with her to do any of the shit you convinced her to do.

Fucking pussy.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Diesel (01-11-2022)

3. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I think, as I stated above, if Biden fell ill and she took the reins people would ultimately see that she's qualified. Not as much as Hillary, but qualified depending on her cabinet.

Otherwise, we only have to look at her primary run to see how people feel about her. When she attacked Biden, claiming she was 'that little girl' who suffered segregation as a child, it backfired.

She was a tiger as a Senator, and a rabid tiger as a prosecutor. I don't know if that translates well as POTUS?
    I'm still trying to figure out why you perceive her as unlikable. I remember the "that little girl" thing. It resonated well with me. Does her race factor into her unlikability or simply a story about race like her school busing?

Is she too aggressive? Would a man with the same qualities as Harris as senator and Harris as prosecutor also translate as "unlikable"?

4. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't see her as being in lock step with the Progessive caucus, but I'm really not aware of her platform. She spent most of her primary attacking the rest of the field.

For my money, Buttigieg is the best candidate. He should have been VP, but Clyburn had other ideas.
    Now that I agree with. Buttigieg was my guy in 2020; and he'll be my guy when he decides to run again. He's great.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Althea (01-11-2022), christiefan915 (01-11-2022), Phantasmal (01-11-2022)

6. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    TBH, she strikes me as mediocre. She was being at her best running for the nomination. She knows she was picked as VP for being the "right color and sex".

What has she done with the opportunity?

Strictly speaking from a strategic, Machiavellian POV, the best DNC move is for Biden to resign for health after 20JAN23 and let Harris run as an incumbent.

Unless she'd fuck it up because she's mediocre...or worse...then it's a bad idea. A free-for-all in '24 is better than a fuck up** who'd lose the election.

**The former one-term President is an example.
    I think she's an atmosphere better than mediocre but I know full and damn well how lots of Americans feel about women. And non-white women? Bless her heart. The political ads of Harris's silhouette bobbing up and down on a cucumber will cost the RNC hundreds of millions. Because that's the kind of people they are.

As for the rest of your post, I've been saying the same thing since Biden won. Let him get as much done as he can between now and the swearing in of the next Congress. Then go retire in Delaware and play with the killer dogs. Harris should install Buttigieg as VP. Then we get three more terms of Democratic administrations.

Not that that's ideal but I don't see the Republican party being any less of a shit show dumpster fire in the next 14 years. A lot of evil people have to die and then the party, if it can be saved, has to be reborn.

7. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, you and he just convinced her that someone else did.

Then you didn't bother to back her up when she went nuts in DC about it.

So you spent months riling her up, pointing her at DC, then didn't go to DC with her to do any of the shit you convinced her to do.

Fucking pussy.
    Welcome to JPP and the American right. I don't know how many JPP members have been arrested or charged for their role in the attempted coup, but the noisiest, most obnoxious, stupidest ones here didn't do a fucking thing except mouth off on the internet. People like ExpressLane and Stone and <you know all their names, insert here> are either too old, too fat, too scared, too lazy, or a combination of them to actually do anything. Yet they squeal from on high from sunrise until sunset every godforsaken day with their conspiracy theories and outright psychotic lies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

LV426 (01-11-2022)

9. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why you perceive her as unlikable. I remember the "that little girl" thing. It resonated well with me. Does her race factor into her unlikability or simply a story about race like her school busing?

Is she too aggressive? Would a man with the same qualities as Harris as senator and Harris as prosecutor also translate as "unlikable"?
    Harris, who led a fairly privileged life with two scholarly parents chose to attack Biden on the national stage. Her traveling to a mostly white neighborhood to attend a different school was a continuation of her privilege. Not a dangerous or troubling venture. Both of her parents were civil rights activists, and bussing their children was also a continuation of same.

Aside from her screechy voice and whiny attitude, you would have to check polling from her gross failure of a presidential run if you want to know why people simply don't like her. Her own staffs complain about her, and her incompetent sister if often blamed for terrible fundraising numbers.

Again...it's very sad that qualification means nothing in politics anymore. I don't think Harris is unqualified. I just don't think she's electable. She does not inspire those who aren't registered as Dem/Rep to come out to vote. She's been a fairly quiet VP, and public perception is that she's had some unforced errors in the few issues she was appointed to tackle.

You seem to have no problem understanding why Hillary was unlikeable. What about Clinton do you believe was unlikeable? Perhaps those reasons are similar to Harris?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now that I agree with. Buttigieg was my guy in 2020; and he'll be my guy when he decides to run again. He's great.
    Buttigieg is intelligent, pensive, and appears to be capable of dissecting each and every problem and finding an answer. Not unlike Obama who was similarly capable.

He's what we want in a leader. Not some moron who worries more about today's news cycle, and dominating same. Or worries about how to funnel taxpayer dollars into his own bank account. Like the last idiot who is now permabanned from multiple social media outlets.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Diesel (01-11-2022)

12. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ashli Babbitt the right wing martyr has got a rather shady pass:

"The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist had just rammed her vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.

Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a monthslong extramarital affair with Norris’ longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt’s husband and told him she was cheating."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1985872.html

https://www.kiro7.com/news/politics/...3XXFKRIA5G67Y/
    Lock Him Up

13. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Harris, who led a fairly privileged life with two scholarly parents chose to attack Biden on the national stage. Her traveling to a mostly white neighborhood to attend a different school was a continuation of her privilege. Not a dangerous or troubling venture. Both of her parents were civil rights activists, and bussing their children was also a continuation of same.

Aside from her screechy voice and whiny attitude, you would have to check polling from her gross failure of a presidential run if you want to know why people simply don't like her. Her own staffs complain about her, and her incompetent sister if often blamed for terrible fundraising numbers.

Again...it's very sad that qualification means nothing in politics anymore. I don't think Harris is unqualified. I just don't think she's electable. She does not inspire those who aren't registered as Dem/Rep to come out to vote. She's been a fairly quiet VP, and public perception is that she's had some unforced errors in the few issues she was appointed to tackle.

You seem to have no problem understanding why Hillary was unlikeable. What about Clinton do you believe was unlikeable? Perhaps those reasons are similar to Harris?
    No, I don't think they are. I can point to the singular moment when I lost respect for Hillary Clinton. I was 16 years old. I had just gotten my driver license. I was pulling my new car into my driveway at home after track practice and a swim on the North Short of O`ahu when I heard that Hillary was going to stand by and support Bill Clinton despite what he had done with Monica Lewinsky.

Tack on another 18 years of Mrs. Clinton fanning her plume and establishing herself as the only deserving candidate to be president. She thought she "earned" it because she waited the longest and made calculated decisions about her personal and political life to assume the throne without resistance. She forgot that she needed to "earn" votes.

"Screechy voice and whiny attitude" seem particularly sexist to me, but I've sad a lot worse about Trump.

As far as I know, neither Harris nor her parents volunteered her participation in the busing program. The school district opted into it to increase racial diversity. I suppose one could consider that an extension of privilege (of a black woman, you suggest, no less), but I find it less sinister.

So no, I don't think the Harris and Clinton stories are barely similar at all. Do you find Clinton unlikable? Why or why not?

14. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Buttigieg is intelligent, pensive, and appears to be capable of dissecting each and every problem and finding an answer. Not unlike Obama who was similarly capable.

He's what we want in a leader. Not some moron who worries more about today's news cycle, and dominating same. Or worries about how to funnel taxpayer dollars into his own bank account. Like the last idiot who is now permabanned from multiple social media outlets.
    He's also a veteran, an experienced politician, and a gay father. We love you, Pete!

15. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, I don't think they are. I can point to the singular moment when I lost respect for Hillary Clinton. I was 16 years old. I had just gotten my driver license. I was pulling my new car into my driveway at home after track practice and a swim on the North Short of O`ahu when I heard that Hillary was going to stand by and support Bill Clinton despite what he had done with Monica Lewinsky.

Tack on another 18 years of Mrs. Clinton fanning her plume and establishing herself as the only deserving candidate to be president. She thought she "earned" it because she waited the longest and made calculated decisions about her personal and political life to assume the throne without resistance. She forgot that she needed to "earn" votes.

"Screechy voice and whiny attitude" seem particularly sexist to me, but I've sad a lot worse about Trump.

As far as I know, neither Harris nor her parents volunteered her participation in the busing program. The school district opted into it to increase racial diversity. I suppose one could consider that an extension of privilege (of a black woman, you suggest, no less), but I find it less sinister.

So no, I don't think the Harris and Clinton stories are barely similar at all. Do you find Clinton unlikable? Why or why not?
    You don't like Clinton because she continued to look the other way when her whoring husband continued to act like a whore? Is there a purity test at work here? Since the moment the Clintons took the White House, they were attacked for every aspect of their lives by the Gingrich wing of the shit flinging party.

He was onto something, as Republicans hadn't controlled the House in ages. I was apolitical back then, so I didn't have an opinion either way, and their personal/sex lives were of no consequence to me anyway.

Hillary was a civil rights activist before she even met Bill Clinton. She was far and away the most qualified candidate in '16, and was far more qualified than Bernie. She's unlikeable because she speaks the truth, and was a stark contrast to Sanders' 'everything should be free' platform.

Did she feel 'entitled'? Yes. That wasn't a good look. Further, Biden was complicit in this as he opted not to run. We all know what happened behind closed doors. None of which should detract from the fact that she was the most qualified candidate, albeit a terrible candidate for reasons that have nothing to do with qualification.

What exactly do you believe Harris has done to 'earn votes', that Clinton hadn't?

16. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He's also a veteran, an experienced politician, and a gay father. We love you, Pete!
    Gay father seems a little sexist, doesn't it?

Is sexist language only acceptable in support, as opposed to critique? I couldn't stand the sound of Tim Kaine's voice either. He was a terrible choice for VP.

Is that sexist?

17. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't like Clinton because she continued to look the other way when her whoring husband continued to act like a whore? Is there a purity test at work here? Since the moment the Clintons took the White House, they were attacked for every aspect of their lives by the Gingrich wing of the shit flinging party.

He was onto something, as Republicans hadn't controlled the House in ages. I was apolitical back then, so I didn't have an opinion either way, and their personal/sex lives were of no consequence to me anyway.

Hillary was a civil rights activist before she even met Bill Clinton. She was far and away the most qualified candidate in '16, and was far more qualified than Bernie. She's unlikeable because she speaks the truth, and was a stark contrast to Sanders' 'everything should be free' platform.

Did she feel 'entitled'? Yes. That wasn't a good look. Further, Biden was complicit in this as he opted not to run. We all know what happened behind closed doors. None of which should detract from the fact that she was the most qualified candidate, albeit a terrible candidate for reasons that have nothing to do with qualification.

What exactly do you believe Harris has done to 'earn votes', that Clinton hadn't?
    Yes, that's what I said, Althea. Don't become obtuse. I was 15 years old and valued respect, loyalty, and trust more than anything else. I still do, but I don't care about the romantic decisions of other people like I did when I was in high school. If we had a purity test, not a single person would be qualified for politics.

If what you're asking is whether or not I have morals, yes, I do. I think that a person who cheats on his spouse repeatedly and then lies about it is a shitty person. President or dude picking my leftovers out of the dumpster, cheaters are trash. I also think that a person who lets their spouse cheat on them doesn't respect herself and thus likely doesn't deserve my respect.

I don't know the Clintons personally, I don't know what hard conversations they had in private, and I don't know if they had a couples counselor who helped mend the rifts that led to Bill's adultery in the first place. I would hope that Hillary found a way to forgive Bill and regain her self respect. What I am more sure of is that she knew she couldn't run for office someday if she divorced the president of the US and that's why she made the decisions she did.

Don't act like another of those leftwing pricks who assume everyone who dislikes Hillary Clinton dislikes her because Gingrich and the KKKGOP roasted her reputation. I have good and personal reasons for disliking Mrs. Clinton; and I've gone to great lengths to explain them to you. You are apparently a fan of hers, but spare me the meaningless, dramatic defense of her. I never so much as implied that she wasn't qualified for the presidency. I doubt I could think of another more qualified person who has run in my entire life. But I didn't vote for her.

I didn't vote for Harris either, so you'd have to ask someone else how she earned their vote.

18. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gay father seems a little sexist, doesn't it?

Is sexist language only acceptable in support, as opposed to critique? I couldn't stand the sound of Tim Kaine's voice either. He was a terrible choice for VP.

Is that sexist?
    No, it doesn't. I'm LGBTQ and identify with others in that group. I'm also Korean and a member of the Asian Chamber of Commerce. Is that racist to you?

You wouldn't say "screechy voice and whiny attitude" about most men, but it dripped off your lips in criticism of Harris. You didn't say "screechy voice and whiny attitude" about Tim Kaine either, but I've said a lot worse about Trump's mumbling, incoherent, 14-word-vocabulary, mashed potato mouth.

19. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Here's to 1/6/2025

Is this your prediction that trump will run and lose a second time?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens