Thread: 81-year-old US Capitol rioter sentenced to three years of probation

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default 81-year-old US Capitol rioter sentenced to three years of probation

WTF, is an 81 year old during rioting and breaching the capitol too?!! I would have given this old fart some hard time too?!! I hope he does not receive military honors when he dies?!! He is a disgrace to all military veterans too?!!

(CNN) An 81-year-old Army veteran was sentenced to three years of probation on Tuesday for illegally breaching the US Capitol on January 6.

Gary Wickersham, one of the oldest of more than 700 people facing charges related to the Capitol riot, will also have to pay a $2,000 fine and $500 for damage done to the building.

"Mr. Wickersham, I appreciate what you've done here. I think you have led the way for others to recognize that the jig is up," said federal district Judge Royce Lamberth, 78, who noted that Wickersham is "the first defendant I've had that's older than me in quite some time."

"There are a lot of people out there that think some magic is going to happen when they go to trial," Lamberth added. "But when you see these tapes, I don't know what they are going to try. I wish you didn't stay there as long as you did, but when you saw what was going on, you left and that's why I'm doing what I'm doing."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/polit...ham/index.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Cypress (12-21-2021), Guno צְבִי (12-21-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

The funniest part is this geezer blames antifa for starting the riot, and claims Democrats had a devious plot to lure
    unwitting Trumpers into the Capitol to face arrest.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-21-2021), signalmankenneth (12-21-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The funniest part is this geezer blames antifa for starting the riot, and claims Democrats had a devious plot to lure
    unwitting Trumpers into the Capitol to face arrest.
    Hey, it's about as good a version as "IT WAS AN INSURRECTION!" so, give the guy a little credit...

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Hey, it's about as good a version as "IT WAS AN INSURRECTION!" so, give the guy a little credit...
    Yea just peaceful tourists

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-21-2021), signalmankenneth (12-21-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    WTF, is an 81 year old during rioting and breaching the capitol too?!! I would have given this old fart some hard time too?!! I hope he does not receive military honors when he dies?!! He is a disgrace to all military veterans too?!!

(CNN) An 81-year-old Army veteran was sentenced to three years of probation on Tuesday for illegally breaching the US Capitol on January 6.

Gary Wickersham, one of the oldest of more than 700 people facing charges related to the Capitol riot, will also have to pay a $2,000 fine and $500 for damage done to the building.

"Mr. Wickersham, I appreciate what you've done here. I think you have led the way for others to recognize that the jig is up," said federal district Judge Royce Lamberth, 78, who noted that Wickersham is "the first defendant I've had that's older than me in quite some time."

"There are a lot of people out there that think some magic is going to happen when they go to trial," Lamberth added. "But when you see these tapes, I don't know what they are going to try. I wish you didn't stay there as long as you did, but when you saw what was going on, you left and that's why I'm doing what I'm doing."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/polit...ham/index.html

You know what..he knew that election was cheated and fell in with people that were protesting it the wrong way. Turns out they were the only ones getting wild about it. That doesn't mean people don't feel cheated and Democrats didn't fraud the election and a majority of Americans know and would like to do something more legal than 1/6 about it.

Unless pushed too far and then it's gonna be ugly.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

The judge's comment was good: "There are a lot of people out there that think some magic is going to happen when they go to trial," Lamberth added. "But when you see these tapes, I don't know what they are going to try. "
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-21-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

The judge's comment was good: "There are a lot of people out there that think some magic is going to happen when they go to trial," Lamberth added. "But when you see these tapes, I don't know what they are going to try. "
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-21-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

I salute this hero ... what a pity he had to pay a fine ... did he do time in the DC gulag ???

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    [SIZE=3][B]WTF, is an 81 year old during rioting and breaching the capitol too?!!
    obviously he wasn't......he was found guilty of.....

security footage from inside the building that showed Wickersham walking around in a leather jacket and backwards baseball hat
    that's some serious shit, obviously.......he got a bigger sentence than the guy who set fire to the federal building in Portland.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”