2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank Apisa,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I suspect you have T.A. Gardner on ignore, Poly.

Just want to mention that he is very opposed to the notion of WOKE. He seems to think that a stupider America is a better America.

Considering that, he certainly is doing his part to make America the way he thinks it should be.
    You surmised correctly, my friend. I have to stand behind my word. I said no exceptions. Even if I have been talking to a poster for years, if they go off on me I have to place them on permanent ignore. That leads to my best experience here. I spoiled myself in only wanting to talk to polite people and I just can't kick the habit. It's just so, well, nice! And amazingly enough, I find plenty of polite people to talk to, even here. And the funny thing is that years ago there were several Trump supporters who could still be polite. But they have all either left or let loose on me at some point. Too bad. I gave 'em a chance. I just like talking to people where I feel there is some mutual respect.

Woke. It's just code for CRT. Same thing. The right doesn't want any racial awareness. They don't want schools to teach anything about race. They like their white privilege and they don't want their kids coming home from school asking difficult questions.

Anti-woke is code for RACIST.

So we the people like woke.

LGGWA
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-21-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    That is not the reason. He put trolls on ignore. You know you are a troll and you have admitted as such.
    It doesn't matter the reason. Poli defines his terms for putting someone on ignore and those can be variable. The fact remains, by putting anyone on ignore YOU are refusing to at least read what they have to say regardless of how inane it might be. Katzgar is a perfect example of this. He, she, it, rarely has anything useful to offer other than the most purile and juvenile insults. Not on ignore, I simply don't answer those. On the rare occasion Katzgar offers something worth responding to, I do, because I don't have him on ignore.

Putting people on ignore is an act of immaturity and hubris, nothing more.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

The boy who cried wolf is ignored.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-21-2021)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yes, Poly does have me on ignore. It is par for the course that someone on the Left doesn't want to engage in what can be heated discussion with non-Leftists and the coward's way out is the ignore button. Me? I put no one on ignore. If I don't want to answer, I won't but I also won't ignore what you have to say.

The stupider America is the one in which the Left lives within their bubble of isolation from any idea that deviates from their dogma and beliefs.
    TA..."the Left" is attempting to make America a better place...a fairer place...a more decent place in which to live. And a place for the rest of the world to look up to.

The American Right seems to be wanting America to be disgusting...a nastier place...a less fair place...a less decent place in which to live. And a place for the rest of the world to scorn.

You have got your priorities mixed up.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-21-2021), christiefan915 (12-27-2021), PoliTalker (12-21-2021)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello AProudLefty,

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    If you want to be asleep, vote Republican.
    Asleep at the steal.

That's what it is.

The super-rich are essentially stealing the wealth of America with outsized power and legalized corruption, leaving the rest of America, and the government itself, with less.

Just think about it. The richer they get, the greater wealth inequality becomes, and the greater the national debt becomes.

That's why Trump told them after the big Republican tax cut for the rich: "You all just got a lot richer."

Woke minds know that.

LGGWA
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-21-2021)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Actually we want your kind dead
    ???

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, Poly does have me on ignore. It is par for the course that someone on the Left doesn't want to engage in what can be heated discussion with non-Leftists and the coward's way out is the ignore button. Me? I put no one on ignore. If I don't want to answer, I won't but I also won't ignore what you have to say.

The stupider America is the one in which the Left lives within their bubble of isolation from any idea that deviates from their dogma and beliefs.
    Indeed....If Poli was really "woke" that would...and should.... be her "PIP" policy....
    You can't change the world when you only communicate with to six people....

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is the start of a new political movement.

It's the: 'Let's Go, Get Woke America' movement.

It's all starting with this little thread on JPP by somebody who just wants to have polite discussions.

You are now part of the infancy of a new movement.

LGGWA

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    TA..."the Left" is attempting to make America a better place...a fairer place...a more decent place in which to live. And a place for the rest of the world to look up to.

The American Right seems to be wanting America to be disgusting...a nastier place...a less fair place...a less decent place in which to live. And a place for the rest of the world to scorn.

You have got your priorities mixed up.
    That's not how I see it.

The Left wants to run your life because they think they can do it better than you can. That requires more government, more control, and less freedom. They want a Dictatorship of Virtue. These always end badly. The Left's idea of "fair" is everybody gets the same outcome regardless of input. Some get screwed and others get undeservedly rewarded but everybody gets the same physical / economic / social benefits regardless. It's a race to the bottom in mediocrity. It's the everybody gets a 'participation' trophy way of thinking.

Sure, the Right's version is messy and harder given it puts outcomes on the individual rather than group, but it much freer than the Left's version. It is a decent system if you choose to apply yourself. If you don't, can't, or won't, then it's a tough row to hoe.

The difference is the Left's version lets you remain a child for life with little or no responsibility or goals, while the Right's version punishes you--a largely self-inflicted punishment--for not being and acting like an adult and taking on responsibility and setting goals.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh God.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-27-2021)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As the super-rich supporters of Republican party hatred get richer, the 99% get left further behind, and the government debt gets higher.

Time's up.

Time to break that cycle.

Let's Go. Get Woke, America!

It's the latest thing.

From me to you.

Happy Holidays.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you like what I did?

I took the 'Let's Go' thing from their chants and I put it with 'Get Woke, America.'

Two soundbytes that really stir them up. But there's nothing to hate. It's just a positive slogan. It's great.

This has attention-getting juju. It's got star power.

It needs to be a thing.

Spread it far and wide. It will take off. That would be awesome.

The left needs something about now.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's not how I see it.

The Left wants to run your life because they think they can do it better than you can. That requires more government, more control, and less freedom. They want a Dictatorship of Virtue. These always end badly. The Left's idea of "fair" is everybody gets the same outcome regardless of input. Some get screwed and others get undeservedly rewarded but everybody gets the same physical / economic / social benefits regardless. It's a race to the bottom in mediocrity. It's the everybody gets a 'participation' trophy way of thinking.

Sure, the Right's version is messy and harder given it puts outcomes on the individual rather than group, but it much freer than the Left's version. It is a decent system if you choose to apply yourself. If you don't, can't, or won't, then it's a tough row to hoe.

The difference is the Left's version lets you remain a child for life with little or no responsibility or goals, while the Right's version punishes you--a largely self-inflicted punishment--for not being and acting like an adult and taking on responsibility and setting goals.
    Your meth use is making you delusional
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,135 Times in 9,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I don't get what's wrong with being woke.

Merriam-Webster:

" woke adjective
    chiefly US slang
    : aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

Sounds like a good thing!

Surely, being well informed is preferable to being poorly informed...

Any dispute on that? Seems to be pretty straightforward. Knowledge is power. So what's the deal?

It is logical that a society comprised mostly of individuals who are aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues, especially issues of racial and social justice, would be a great society to be a part of. That would result in low crime and minimized hatred, a society where people respected one another and got along fine, happy and content, pleased to be a part of something bigger than them, something really great.

Most people already think America is a great country.

Wanna make America greater?

A woke America would be a greater America.

Let's Go, Get Woke, America!
    it's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble.

it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

--mark twain