Thread: Let's Go, Get Woke, America!

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-10-2022)

3. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Here's a good one for you Poli.

I preface this with the standard caveat: 1) Twitter isn't the real world & 2) just because a blue check mark says something doesn't necessarily make it true or that the rest of the country believes it

With that said, remember when Republicans wanted to defund NPR a few years back? Looks like they were being pretty woke.

LOL!

When Republicans wanted to defund NPR it wasn't because of perceived 'white supremacy.' It was because NPR, by telling the truth, was depicting a far different story than the right wing propaganda machine.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The more people who become woke, and know what is really going on, the more people who will vote immoral Republicans out of office.

No wonder Republicans hate woke!

Republicans want to keep the public dumb; because a dumb public votes for the entire Republican political travesty.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,905 Times in 21,667 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Proud to be Awake to reality.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2022)

8. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Proud to be Awake to reality.
    I think it's time to embrace the word.

It's time for woke Americans to be proud of being aware and well informed.

Enough of half-dazed Republican redefinition and tuckered-out message control dysfunction.

America needs to move forward. America needs to leave Republican extremism by the side of the road and push forward into a brand new woke American future.

The Trump party wants everything their way. Misunderstandings, historical rewrites, and word redefinition control are all part of their mind game tricks. It's a dead-end mind game.

That might win them some votes from misinformed haters, but that's no way to run a country.

America is designed function best with a well-informed and actively engaged populace. A Woke America is at her best.

It's fine to have conservative and liberal views competing for control over government policy but neither side can ever expect to eliminate the other. It is not possible to remove or reprogram either side. Conservatives have zero hope of destroying liberalism, but yet they foolishly cling to that goal.

We have allowed a very dysfunctional Newt Gingrich to usher in an era of nastiness and hatred which has fomented a 'winner take all' mindset in the Republican party. Politics can't be like that. We are now seeing why. It makes America dysfunctional.

Woke Americans can see that. We just need more woke Americans.

Yes. Woke Pride. That needs to be a thing.

Who wants to be a big dummy? (Besides the MAGA crowd that thinks America is a not great country...)

Woke is better. Woke is where it's at. Woke is where we wanna be.

Let's Go, Get Woke, America!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (01-27-2022)

10. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Woke has been reduced to altering M&Ms and Minnie Mouse....lol So this is Woke pride and where it's at and where you be? As a serious "term" woke is so over...

11. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

I think it's time to embrace the word.

It's time for woke Americans to be proud of being aware and well informed.

Enough of half-dazed Republican redefinition and tuckered-out message control dysfunction.

America needs to move forward. America needs to leave Republican extremism by the side of the road and push forward into a brand new woke American future.

The Trump party wants everything their way. Misunderstandings, historical rewrites, and word redefinition control are all part of their mind game tricks. It's a dead-end mind game.

That might win them some votes from misinformed haters, but that's no way to run a country.

America is designed function best with a well-informed and actively engaged populace. A Woke America is at her best.

It's fine to have conservative and liberal views competing for control over government policy but neither side can ever expect to eliminate the other. It is not possible to remove or reprogram either side. Conservatives have zero hope of destroying liberalism, but yet they foolishly cling to that goal.

We have allowed a very dysfunctional Newt Gingrich to usher in an era of nastiness and hatred which has fomented a 'winner take all' mindset in the Republican party. Politics can't be like that. We are now seeing why. It makes America dysfunctional.

Woke Americans can see that. We just need more woke Americans.

Yes. Woke Pride. That needs to be a thing.

Who wants to be a big dummy? (Besides the MAGA crowd that thinks America is a not great country...)

Woke is better. Woke is where it's at. Woke is where we wanna be.

Let's Go, Get Woke, America!
    Exactly, I really can’t believe an entire campaign to try to make being open and knowledgeable about to world seem like something to be embarrassed about!

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2022)

13. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Woke has been reduced to altering M&Ms and Minnie Mouse....lol So this is Woke pride and where it's at and where you be? As a serious "term" woke is so over...
    So you are now offended by corporate marketing? It’s nothing new, corporations have been trying to appeal to the masses for centuries.

You are just hurt and offended because you aren’t their target audience anymore.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

15. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you are now offended by corporate marketing? It’s nothing new, corporations have been trying to appeal to the masses for centuries.

You are just hurt and offended because you aren’t their target audience anymore.
    I'm not offended..who is this new "target audience" btw...I wasn't aware M&Ms or Minnie weren't working out anymore... iIf peanut M&Ms weren't gender fluid enough why not just buy plain?

17. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I'm not offended..who is this new "target audience" btw...I wasn't aware M&Ms or Minnie weren't working out anymore... iIf peanut M&Ms weren't gender fluid enough why not just buy plain?
    You dont think these corporations market test these things to find the widest market share? They add a homosexual couple because it brings in more than it drives away. The more inclusive without being offensive the better, they do the math. Lets have two men holding hands in our commercial, we will lose .06% but we will bring in 3.2%. Lets update M&M's because we will bring in 8% of the younger customers.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-27-2022)

19. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You dont think these corporations market test these things to find the widest market share? They add a homosexual couple because it brings in more than it drives away. The more inclusive without being offensive the better, they do the math. Lets have two men holding hands in our commercial, we will lose .06% but we will bring in 3.2%. Lets update M&M's because we will bring in 8% of the younger customers.
    I see what you're saying...Changing the pancake boxes, syrup bottles, and butter cartons brought world peace, so... My point is being "woke" isn't a serious term anymore...that's all...

20. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries