Members banned from this thread: ThatOwlWoman, Doc Dutch and Matt Dillon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Hall of Fame hands out it's annual participation trophies.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 3,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default Baseball Hall of Fame hands out it's annual participation trophies.

Six fairly good but far from great players from long long ago put in the HOF.
    Why didn't the Baseball Writers Association of America vote them in when they had the chance a half century ago.?? Well - they weren't good enough then but now they are!!! This is all part of the american war on merit waged by the democrat party. Everyone is a winner and that means no one is.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...as-committees/

dec 6 2021 The National Baseball Hall of Fame will induct at least six new members in 2022. Sunday evening the Hall of Fame's Early Baseball Era Committee announced Negro League legends Bud Fowler and Buck O'Neil have been voted into Cooperstown. Also voted in were Gil Hodges, Jim Kaat, Minnie Miņoso, and Tony Oliva by the Golden Days Era Committee.

Simply put, O'Neil is a Negro Leagues icon and one of the most important figures in baseball history. A fine player who went to three All-Star Games in 10 Negro League seasons, O'Neil founded the Negro League Baseball Hall of Fame in Kansas City following his playing days, and he was also the first Black coach in baseball history.

Hodges, an eight-time All-Star and manager of the 1969 Miracle Mets, was long considered one of the most worthy candidates not yet voted into the Hall of Fame. He played 18 seasons with the Dodgers and Mets, including 17 after returning from World War II, and retired as a career .273/.359/.487 hitter with 1,921 hits and 370 home runs. He was also considered one of the best defensive infielders of his era. Hodges died at age 47 in 1972.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

Earl (12-07-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,804 Times in 17,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

You should not start threads on things you know nothing about. That standard would gut your voluminous thread output.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

McRocket (12-08-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You should not start threads on things you know nothing about. That standard would gut your voluminous thread output.
    Shut up you tranny. I know a lot about baseball and i stand by every word i wrote. Gil Hodges is another harold baines.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,097 Times in 12,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Why didn't the Baseball Writers Association of America vote them in when they had the chance a half century ago.?? Well - they weren't good enough then but now they are!!! This is all part of the american war on merit waged by the democrat party. Everyone is a winner and that means no one is.
    It is a war on merit straight up....Jordan Peterson figured that out awhile ago and so did Heather:

"In the end we all starve"
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Buck o'neil was not even a good player. He got put in just for being a darky!!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

HOF has been putting so so guys in for decades now. Kind of a shame.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,197 Times in 13,943 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

This one has to be a classic, now the Democrat Party is responsible for the likes of Gil Hodges and Minnie Minosa making the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I thought I had seen it all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-07-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,804 Times in 17,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This one has to be a classic, now the Democrat Party is responsible for the likes of Gil Hodges and Minnie Minosa making the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I thought I had seen it all
    text is a proud bigot and hater.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,049 Times in 7,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

Despite the diving catch I made of Carmine Baciagalupo's vicious line drive at Piers Park in 1959,
    saving at least two runs from scoring and tying up the game,
    I myself was never elected to Baseball's Hall of Fame.

It's just something with which I've had to learn to live.
    Everybody doesn't get justice.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    HOF has been putting so so guys in for decades now. Kind of a shame.

I agree. I think high-pockets kelly is the worst HOFer though harold baines getting elected a few years ago is nearly as bad.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It's you hateful democrats who gave us this crap about how evil it is to judge people on merit.!!!!

And the reason you hate merit is because women and blacks are so inferior and can't be successful without special treatment.

So STFU you stupid tranny

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree. I think high-pockets kelly is the worst HOFer though harold baines getting elected a few years ago is nearly as bad.
    I quit paying attention long ago. who needs the blood pressure ?

best thing they could do is limit the total number of people in the hall. for someone new to enter they have to be better than someone already there.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

16. #13 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Speaking of the Baseball HOF

"5 Reasons Why Pete Rose Deserves the Hall of Fame"

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-r...e-hall-of-fame
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Blacks will always hate whites because we're successful and they aren't

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach PEDODENT BIDEN
    https://www.drugs.com/condition/dementia.html

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Speaking of the Baseball HOF

"5 Reasons Why Pete Rose Deserves the Hall of Fame"

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/5-r...e-hall-of-fame
    We have NO WAY of knowing he did not bet against his own team except his word.

I am not going to lose sleep one way or the other.

But if ALL the Hall means is stats?
    Put him in with a big ass asterisk.

But if it means 'great for/at the game overall'?
    Never let him in unless he tells everything he did on the subject of gambling WHILE taking a lie detector test.
    I would not believe a THING that comes out of his mouth.

Heck...if he even admits he bet against his team?
    I might forgive him if he tells us ALL the details of the bets.
    Wager amounts, the games...everything - while on a lie detector.

But as is?
    Forget it.

BTW - I REALLY like your signature and your avatar.