3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    ... and who loaded the gun with ammo??
    ... and who didn't put the safety on??

I don't think there are safeties on pistols like that.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

It seems to be the popular thing these days to blame inanimate objects for crimes that occur rather than the people who are committing them.

Alec Baldwin claims that he did not pull the trigger. The immediate follow up question to him should be: "Then who did?"

The lying manipulative news media has also ran many headlines claiming that "an SUV" "crashed" into a "holiday parade" rather than being honest about a black supremacist with a mile long rap sheet getting out on $1,000 bail so he can target a (generally speaking) very pasty white community and intentionally run over as many children as possible in his hate crime fueled massacre.

No, the gun did not "pull the trigger" -- Alec Baldwin did.

No, the SUV did not commit a massacre that targeted children in a (generally speaking) pasty white community -- Darrell Brooks Jr (a black supremacist hate-crime-committing mass murderer) did.
    I think it's pretty obvious it's Obama's fault

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Nomad (12-06-2021)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

lib'rul posts are inanimate objects.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-07-2021)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post

TDS is a helluva drug

Glad you enjoy it. Partake of it heartedly. I'll pass.

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Glad you enjoy it. Partake of it heartedly. I'll pass.

You OD'd on it.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

??? Your point??
    That the "inanimate object" made it all possible, take away his bat and he could never have done what he did, do I need to explain it to you further

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,853 Times in 3,133 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

I don't think there are safeties on pistols like that.
    Yeah, I don't know the specifics on that. I hear it's a modern replica, so it's possible that a safety was added (although it would likely be preferred to enthusiasts to keep true to the original design and not add one). Even without a safety, one can still do a "cowboy load" (leaving the chamber underneath the hammer unloaded so that a jolt can't unintentionally set off a round). Additionally, Baldwin broke Rule #1 of gun safety. --- In the end, at the very least Baldwin was extremely negligent (which is HIS fault)... at the worst?? .... Well, you know... (which is HIS fault as well). Either way, it's his fault and there's no way around it. The fault is squarely on Baldwin, not an inanimate object.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (12-06-2021)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, I don't know the specifics on that. I hear it's a modern replica, so it's possible that a safety was added (although it would likely be preferred to enthusiasts to keep true to the original design and not add one). Even without a safety, one can still do a "cowboy load" (leaving the chamber underneath the hammer unloaded so that a jolt can't unintentionally set off a round). Additionally, Baldwin broke Rule #1 of gun safety. --- In the end, at the very least Baldwin was extremely negligent (which is HIS fault)... at the worst?? .... Well, you know... (which is HIS fault as well). Either way, it's his fault and there's no way around it. The fault is squarely on Baldwin, not an inanimate object.

It's definitely his fault. Can't help but think that AD may be the type to set something like that up to happen, though.

I'm saying he may have had a little help.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-06-2021)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious it's Obama's fault
    While many things are Obama's fault, this is not one of them.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That the "inanimate object" made it all possible, take away his bat and he could never have done what he did, do I need to explain it to you further
    The mere existence of an object doesn't make anything possible, dude. -- Take away a bat and another blunt object can be used for the same purpose. Take away a gun and another tool can be used for the same purpose.

You are a fucking moron; there is no way to say it nicely.

Why was the gun loaded? Why wasn't the safety on? (or if no safety, why wasn't it "cowboy loaded"?) Why was it pointed at another person?

No, it was not the gun that made it possible. It was BALDWIN that made it possible (via his negligence, IF it's true that he "didn't pull the trigger") Baldwin is 100% solely to blame, not an inanimate object.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

It seems to be the popular thing these days to blame inanimate objects for crimes that occur rather than the people who are committing them.

Alec Baldwin claims that he did not pull the trigger. The immediate follow up question to him should be: "Then who did?"

The lying manipulative news media has also ran many headlines claiming that "an SUV" "crashed" into a "holiday parade" rather than being honest about a black supremacist with a mile long rap sheet getting out on $1,000 bail so he can target a (generally speaking) very pasty white community and intentionally run over as many children as possible in his hate crime fueled massacre.

No, the SUV did not commit a massacre that targeted children in a (generally speaking) pasty white community -- Darrell Brooks Jr (a black supremacist hate-crime-committing mass murderer) did.
    Americans have long glommed onto lack of accountability, this is the next step. Its nice when nothing is ever our fault right?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-06-2021)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do lefties love to blame inanimate objects rather than the people who are making use of such objects?

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,003 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It is rare but a gun can go off without pulling the trigger.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows that SUV cannot kill people on it's own unless the driver forgets to put it in parking, something faulty in the mechanism or it's one of those self driving SUVs that goes berserk.
    Okay, so who cocked the gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    However, a single-action revolver with the old-style firing mechanism can fire without either the hammer being cocked or the trigger being pulled. When the hammer is down on that kind of revolver, the firing pin protrudes and, if a live round is loaded in the chamber underneath, a sharp enough jolt can cause the pin to strike the round’s primer with enough force to set it off.

This is why the “cowboy load” was developed. When carrying an old-style single-action revolver, it’s best practice to leave the chamber underneath the hammer unloaded. That way, a jolt can’t unintentionally set off a round.

None of that means Baldwin’s story is entirely accurate. It’s not clear if drawing a gun from a holster in this state would be enough to set it off. It still seems more plausible Baldwin pulled the trigger. But, the gun firing without the trigger being pulled is not as far-fetched as it sounds at first.
    The way Baldwin explained it, the woman who got shot was operating the camera and setting up the camera shot. SHE told him to pull the hammer back a little bit.

MY GUESS.... is that when he was easing the hammer back down, it may have slipped off his thumb just enough to fire the bullet.

But there still was not supposed to be a live round in the gun and that was obvioulsy not Baldwin's doing.

As much as the right wishes they could pin it on him because he made Trump look like a joke so many times on SNL.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-07-2021)