Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inanimate Objects

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lib'rul posts are inanimate objects.....
    That lump of pertrified shit between your ears is an inanimate object too.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That lump of pertrified shit between your ears is an inanimate object too.
    you aren't between my ears.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,297 Times in 13,423 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Inanimate objects? Isn't that a description of a Progressive Leftist?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you aren't between my ears.....
    Of course I'm not.

That lump of petrified shit in there takes up all the room.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You OD'd on it.
    Never touch the stuff.

Get over it. At some point you will realize what you have given up for this disgusting path you are on...and you will feel what Alec Guiness's character, Col. Nicholson, feels at the end of The Bridge on the River Kwai.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-07-2021)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course I'm not.

That lump of petrified shit in there takes up all the room.
    this is a high risk season for Nomad........Santa's elves are not just making gifts......he has whole squads of them out looking for lumps of coal.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

this is a high risk season for Nomad........Santa's elves are not just making gifts......he has whole squads of them out looking for lumps of coal.......

Hmm.. there's a bunch of that in West Virginny.

When's Bob gonna be unbanned?

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Nope it's clearly a description of you
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Such people are animate like you and I are, but unlike you and I, they have lost the ability to think/reason for themselves. They, in such a state, can only parrot whatever has been programmed into them by "trusted sources" (of which I call the Ministry of Societal Manipulation, which is more commonly referred to as mainstream news media).

11. #40 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

The way Baldwin explained it, the woman who got shot was operating the camera and setting up the camera shot. SHE told him to pull the hammer back a little bit.

MY GUESS.... is that when he was easing the hammer back down, it may have slipped off his thumb just enough to fire the bullet.

But there still was not supposed to be a live round in the gun and that was obvioulsy not Baldwin's doing.

As much as the right wishes they could pin it on him because he made Trump look like a joke so many times on SNL.
    Bullshit. She said no such thing.

Pulling the hammer back starts the cylinder rotation making it impossible to fire if the hammer is released, even original SA's will lock the hammer out and they will NOT fire because the cylinder is not aligned with the barrel.

Again, Baldwin did not follow the first rule of gun safety when he picked up or was handed the gun. Treat it as if it's loaded!

TRUMP! doesn't have a damn thing to do with Baldwin's incompetence. He can lie all he wants, he pulled the hammer back all the way and pulled the trigger.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Bullshit. She said no such thing.

Pulling the hammer back starts the cylinder rotation making it impossible to fire if the hammer is released, even original SA's will lock the hammer out and they will NOT fire because the cylinder is not aligned with the barrel.

Again, Baldwin did not follow the first rule of gun safety when he picked up or was handed the gun. Treat it as if it's loaded!

DUMPSTER TRASH DONNIE! doesn't have a damn thing to do with Baldwin's incompetence. He can lie all he wants, he pulled the hammer back all the way and pulled the trigger.
    Too bad you don't know as much about guns as you try to imply you do even with all your obnoxious, gasbag bloviating.

From his interview with George Stephanopoulos:

Baldwin told ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos that the incident happened during a marking rehearsal, during which cinematographer Halyna Hutchins directed Baldwin to hold the gun at a certain angle for the film.

“She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle, and I draw the gun out and I find a mark. I draw the gun out — if I don't, cut. And what's really urgent is the gun wasn't meant to be fired in that angle,” Baldwin said.

“I'm shooting just off … in her direction. I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit was what I was told, I don’t know. This was a completely incidental shot, an angle that may not have ended up in the film at all,” he continued.

Baldwin explained that as he cocked the firearm he was using — putting the hammer of the weapon under spring tension in preparation for firing — he let go of the hammer, and the gun discharged.

“So then I said to her ‘Now in this scene, I'm going to cock the gun.’ I said, ‘Do you want to see that?’ And she said, ‘Yes.’ So I take the gun, and I start to cock the gun. I'm not going to pull the trigger,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos. “I said, ‘Do you see the shot? ‘Well just cheat it down and tilt it down a little bit like that.’ And I cock the gun and I go ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’ And she says — and I let go of the hammer of the gun and the gun goes off.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...espite-trigger
    Of course your assumptions are BS and your lack of gun knowledge notwithstanding, if the gun was a revovler and it was fully loaded with a bullet in every chamber, and he only pulled the hammer back partially then let it go, the firing pin on the hammer could have struck the primer on the bullet hard enough to discharge it.

Again, it's obvious that your implied expertise on guns is not what you want people to think it is.

As with everything else you open up your nasty, ignorant redneck mouth about.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It is rare but a gun can go off without pulling the trigger.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows that SUV cannot kill people on it's own unless the driver forgets to put it in parking, something faulty in the mechanism or it's one of those self driving SUVs that goes berserk.
    Only if the safety mechanism is off. Safety-less guns such as Glocks use a striker action. They cannot go off even if dropped from a considerable height.

One cop was just sitting there when he saw a car (not an SUV) that had no driver, rolling uphill, backwards, on fire.
    They still talk about that one down at the station!

Turned out the car was parked at the bottom of the hill, developed some kind of electrical trouble (that started the fire and started the engine). The car, left in reverse (manual transmissions have no 'park' gear), and it started rolling uphill on it's own. It didn't kill anybody, but started a small fire in the ditch where it finally left the road.

During CES of 2018, a self driving car ran over an autonomous robot. The robot was totally destroyed and the car suffered minor damage.

No one was hurt, and since there was no driver for either machine, it basically turned into a shouting match between one group of programmers and another group of programmers on who's fault it was. Nothing like trade shows displaying the latest technology!
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-07-2021)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    This was a horrible accident! Stupid and preventable!

But was not Baldwin's fault!

GET OVER IT ALREADY !

AND PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THE DRAMA QUEENING AND ATTENTION WHORING! PLEASE!

JUST BECAUSE YOU DID NOT LIKE THE WAY BALDWIN MADE YOUR PRESIDENT OUT TO LOOK LIKE THE WORLD'S LARGEST IDIOT!

It is the fault of Baldwin and the fault of the armorer. You are supposed to always check the gun.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Only if the safety mechanism is off. Safety-less guns such as Glocks use a striker action. They cannot go off even if dropped from a considerable height.

One cop was just sitting there when he saw a car (not an SUV) that had no driver, rolling uphill, backwards, on fire.
    They still talk about that one down at the station!

Turned out the car was parked at the bottom of the hill, developed some kind of electrical trouble (that started the fire and started the engine). The car, left in reverse (manual transmissions have no 'park' gear), and it started rolling uphill on it's own. It didn't kill anybody, but started a small fire in the ditch where it finally left the road.

During CES of 2018, a self driving car ran over an autonomous robot. The robot was totally destroyed and the car suffered minor damage.

No one was hurt, and since there was no driver for either machine, it basically turned into a shouting match between one group of programmers and another group of programmers on who's fault it was. Nothing like trade shows displaying the latest technology!
    That must have been quite a sight to see!

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Okay, so who cocked the gun?
    Some guns are naturally 'cocked', such as striker action guns. Glocks use this design. They cannot fire even if dropped from a considerable height. There is no hammer in a Glock.

Others, such as the AR-15, use a hammer that cocks when you rack the weapon. Firing the round recocks the hammer automatically.

The only reason someone racks a Glock is to load the chamber with a round or to clear the chamber of a round. Even with a round in the chamber, a Glock will not accidentally fire if dropped. You have to pull the trigger.