Thread: Opinion: The media treats Biden as badly as — or worse than — Trump. Here’s proof.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Default Opinion: The media treats Biden as badly as — or worse than — Trump. Here’s proof.

Artificial intelligence can now measure the negativity with precision. At my request, Forge.ai, a data analytics unit of the information company FiscalNote, combed through more than 200,000 articles — tens of millions of words — from 65 news websites (newspapers, network and cable news, political publications, news wires and more) to do a “sentiment analysis” of coverage. Using algorithms that give weight to certain adjectives based on their placement in the story, it rated the coverage Biden received in the first 11 months of 2021 and the coverage President Donald Trump got in the first 11 months of 2020.

The findings, painstakingly assembled by FiscalNote vice president Bill Frischling, confirmed my fear: My colleagues in the media are serving as accessories to the murder of democracy.

After a honeymoon of slightly positive coverage in the first three months of the year, Biden’s press for the past four months has been as bad as — and for a time worse than — the coverage Trump received for the same four months of 2020."

The media is the other enemy from within at war against Democracy spewing out lies, disinformation and other trash in order to manipulate the thinking of society is possibly the sewer type propaganda that tRump set up to serve his anti-Democracy agenda. Now that the 45 devil and his team of gargoyles have been thrown out of the White House, so should the filth he infiltrated the media with realizing the media has an influence on how society thinks, reacts and makes choices.

Yet, I do not read or listen to any of the naysayers against Biden that ignore his massive accomplishments in one year at continuing to clean up atrocities that tRump and his lawlessly hacked in mob created. I ignore the media bs and stay focused on the direction President Biden is moving us in which is one million times better than Putin's lap dog tRump. After four hellish years with tRump at never resting easy, I rest better now and my anxiety has gone way down at realizing it isn't our president that will put us in a crisis but some uneducated racists trumpster scab making the news, which is not surprising considering the stench of the tRump legacy still remains to be cleared away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ump-favorable/

2. The Following User Groans At gemini104104 For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Artificial intelligence can now measure the negativity with precision. At my request, Forge.ai, a data analytics unit of the information company FiscalNote, combed through more than 200,000 articles — tens of millions of words — from 65 news websites (newspapers, network and cable news, political publications, news wires and more) to do a “sentiment analysis” of coverage. Using algorithms that give weight to certain adjectives based on their placement in the story, it rated the coverage Biden received in the first 11 months of 2021 and the coverage President Donald Trump got in the first 11 months of 2020.

The findings, painstakingly assembled by FiscalNote vice president Bill Frischling, confirmed my fear: My colleagues in the media are serving as accessories to the murder of democracy.

After a honeymoon of slightly positive coverage in the first three months of the year, Biden’s press for the past four months has been as bad as — and for a time worse than — the coverage Trump received for the same four months of 2020."

The media is the other enemy from within at war against Democracy spewing out lies, disinformation and other trash in order to manipulate the thinking of society is possibly the sewer type propaganda that tRump set up to serve his anti-Democracy agenda. Now that the 45 devil and his team of gargoyles have been thrown out of the White House, so should the filth he infiltrated the media with realizing the media has an influence on how society thinks, reacts and makes choices.

Yet, I do not read or listen to any of the naysayers against Biden that ignore his massive accomplishments in one year at continuing to clean up atrocities that tRump and his lawlessly hacked in mob created. I ignore the media bs and stay focused on the direction President Biden is moving us in which is one million times better than Putin's lap dog tRump. After four hellish years with tRump at never resting easy, I rest better now and my anxiety has gone way down at realizing it isn't our president that will put us in a crisis but some uneducated racists trumpster scab making the news, which is not surprising considering the stench of the tRump legacy still remains to be cleared away.

Great article. I have been reading it.

One of the things I was annoyed by is the New York Times and Washington Post both irrationally attacking Biden.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Debunked.

Earlier today, CNN gaslighter Brian Stelter promoted the laughable notion that the media have been harder on Biden than they were on his predecessor.

Stelter got this ridiculous idea from a Washington Post piece by Dana Milbank, who claimed to have analyzed the “tone” of hundreds of thousands of news articles with artificial intelligence.

As it happens, back in April, analysts took an exhaustive look at all evening news coverage from the top three broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) and found that during the first three months of each term, the coverage of Biden was 59% positive, while for Trump it was 89% negative.

While the Milbank references a three-month “honeymoon” for Biden in his analysis, he does not seem aware that relative to the rest of Trump's presidency, those first three months were also a honeymoon for him.

Between 2017 and 2021, coverage of Trump averaged between 90% and 92% negative.

Is Milbank suggesting that the current numbers are just as bad for Biden?

How many instances did this analysis find of journalists comparing Biden to Hitler?

During a single three-day period on cable news in 2018, NewsBusters found 22 comparisons of Trump to the Holocaust and slavery.

Is Biden racking up similar numbers?

How about coverage of the border under each? See for yourself.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-border-crises

We could go on, but there’s no point.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2021/12/05/cnns-brian-stelter-are-media-harder-biden-trump

5. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post

One of the things I was annoyed by is the New York Times and Washington Post both irrationally attacking Biden.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

THis gets filed under fantasy/lying.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post

Absolutely and for what reason would be interesting to know, considering President Biden accomplished more in one year than Putin's lap dog tRump ever accomplished in his dirty life, other than enabling the covid-19 murder of over 700,000 Americans and destroying the souls and ripping off the money of his brainwashed cult followers, etc.

8. The Following User Groans At gemini104104 For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Debunked.

Earlier today, CNN gaslighter Brian Stelter promoted the laughable notion that the media have been harder on Biden than they were on his predecessor.

Stelter got this ridiculous idea from a Washington Post piece by Dana Milbank, who claimed to have analyzed the “tone” of hundreds of thousands of news articles with artificial intelligence.

As it happens, back in April, analysts took an exhaustive look at all evening news coverage from the top three broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) and found that during the first three months of each term, the coverage of Biden was 59% positive, while for Trump it was 89% negative.

While the Milbank references a three-month “honeymoon” for Biden in his analysis, he does not seem aware that relative to the rest of Trump's presidency, those first three months were also a honeymoon for him.

How many instances did this analysis find of journalists comparing Biden to Hitler?

During a single three-day period on cable news in 2018, NewsBusters found 22 comparisons of Trump to the Holocaust and slavery.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2021/12/05/cnns-brian-stelter-are-media-harder-biden-trump
    newsbusters, never heard of it. It seems like another right-wing pile of propaganda and dogshit disinformation. I wonder what is the root source of this newsbuster tripe?

10. The Following User Groans At gemini104104 For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Debunked.

Indeed.

Gemi must be living on a different planet.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Absolutely and for what reason would be interesting to know, considering President Biden accomplished more in one year than Putin's lap dog tRump ever accomplished in his dirty life, other than enabling the covid-19 murder of over 700,000 Americans and destroying the souls and ripping off the money of his brainwashed cult followers, etc.
    https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...complishments/
    Trump Administration Accomplishments – The White House
    Unprecedented Economic Boom. Before the China Virus invaded our shores, we built the world’s most prosperous economy. America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

you're dumber than a rock.

if the media were anti biden they would talk about the corruption of the entire biden family, including everything about hunters china and russia dealings, and everything on the laptop.

you're a ridiculous monkey.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're dumber than a rock.

if the media were anti biden they would talk about the corruption of the entire biden family, including everything about hunters china and russia dealings, and everything on the laptop.

you're a ridiculous monkey.
    The media doesn't make stuff up like you do
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    The media doesn't make stuff up like you do
    quit your bullshit.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed. Gemi must be living on a different planet.
    Red China is on this plant, Earl.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,040 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

The wingers love to tell anyone who will listen is how Fox is the most watched news and how right wing Internet sources are so popular cause they uncover the “truth”. What the wingers fail to recognize is that all of these sources are the media, and for five years, going on six now, this media, which the wingers tell us is so popular, not only seldom attacked Trump, in fact, often vigorously defending him regardless of what he did or said.

On the other hand is the rest of the media, which attacked Trump, but has also attacked Biden, ie Afghanistan or even today for refugee camps in Mexico, in other words, they have reported the news, even if it is detrimental to Biden, something the other half of the media never did to Trump

To say the media attacked Trump but is easy on Biden is wrong