Thread: Bob Dole passes

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a Saint:

The article details Elizabeth Dole's involvement in several financial transactions directed by David Owen, a longtime political confidant to Sen. Dole who recently completed a one-year federal prison sentence for tax fraud.

Owen, once Kansas' lieutenant governor and state Republican party chairman, worked for Dole as his 1974 and 1980 Senate campaign chairman and chief fund-raiser. Owen ran Dole's Washington office when Dole was the GOP's 1976 vice presidential nominee.

In 1988, Owen was general finance chairman for Dole's presidential campaign, but the Doles severed ties with him when questions were raised about his role in Elizabeth Dole's finances in the weeks before the New Hampshire primary. Owen, upset that his old friends abandoned him, was interviewed for the first time recently by Mayer.

"I was made a scapegoat for Dole," Owen told Mayer. "He decided to wash his hands totally of me so that any problems that arose were mine, not his."
    http://www.cnn.com/US/9601/elizabeth_dole/
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not a Saint:

Although Dole presents himself as an advocate of political reform, he maintains one of Washington's oldest and most extensive fundraising machines. He has torpedoed past efforts at reform, and in May he brought to the Senate floor a Republican proposal to scrap public financing for presidential elections. Dole's campaigns have admitted to intentionally violating campaign laws in the past, and today an array of loosely affiliated organizations that Dole created raises large sums of money from a few wealthy interests with a stake in the senator's legislative work. The laws governing political fundraising, passed in 1974, were supposed to prevent financiers from using their donations to obtain influence with public officials. But the laws do not effectively regulate money that goes to ostensibly independent bodies--a loophole Dole appears to have successfully exploited.
    https://prospect.org/power/senator-d...atest-harvest/
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Never speak ill of the recently deceased. There's plenty of time later if you want. So, if you can't say something nice here, shut your pie hole and say nothing at all.
    it's what democrats do.......as indicated by bidenpresident........they dance and celebrate in the blood of their hated..................it's all they really know
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    There is no hell
    I look forward to seeing you there and giving you a big fat 'told you so'..............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Never speak ill of the recently deceased. There's plenty of time later if you want. So, if you can't say something nice here, shut your pie hole and say nothing at all.
    Fuck that.....Washington is extremely corrupt....and it has betrayed the nation.....just look at where we are and why.

"We have to be nice no matter what" Conservatism has to die, it has failed.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You know nothing about me you lying piece of shit.
    Shut the fuck up and whine elsewhere.

Nobody wants to read what a coward has to say...
    Life is better when you live it on your own terms...

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,877 Times in 21,647 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a fan of his politics, but he was an honest and decent man with integrity and honor.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope the JPP dimlibs remember how a thread that was supposed to eulogize Bob Dole got hijacked ...

But I won't hold my breath ...

Bob was/is a hero ... in both life and death.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bob Dole = served honorably in WWII, suffered incredibly severe injuries, and became a champion of the disabled and the force behind the ADA.

Donald Trump = faked medical condition to avoid service, openly mocks the disabled.

Today's GOP would run Bob Dole out of town on a rail.