1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

The lesson from hindsight: Would have been prudent to require the babysitter to be vaccinated.
    She was. Her husband was not. He infected all the babysitter's clients.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-05-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Some people have no choice; they HAVE to shop when it's busy. They HAVE to send their kids to school. They HAVE to work in an office, plant, or other setting with other ppl around. Even if they are completely immunized, they can still possibly get sick from one of the stupids, like my kids did. They likely won't get *that* sick, and they likely will not die -- but they *will* miss time from work. Not everyone gets paid for being off sick for 10 days. Do you think it's fair for Sheldon Stupid to infect his whole office because he's an anti-vaxxing moron?
    So? Life is full of risks. You have to weigh these and make a decision. Fauci plague isn't the end of the world and as diseases go it's not particularly nasty by comparison. Small pox, as one example was far more virulent and deadly and went on for centuries. People learned to live with it rather than live in fear of it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

TOP (12-05-2021), Truth Detector (12-05-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are the responsible, and there are the irresponsible.

Period.
    Our leaders have been deeply irresponsible.

Incompetent and abusive actually.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So? Life is full of risks. You have to weigh these and make a decision. Fauci plague isn't the end of the world and as diseases go it's not particularly nasty by comparison. Small pox, as one example was far more virulent and deadly and went on for centuries. People learned to live with it rather than live in fear of it.
    This was a relatively easy pandemic to to manage, sure we have not had one in awhile but our ancestors left a detail instruction set that had been developed over thousands of years through trial and error.

We ignored them.

Buckle Up!
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's really, really dumb, Gardner. Millions died from smallpox, and in 1796 a vaccine was developed for it. 225 years ago. It was eradicated because we all got vaxxed. The last case of smallpox was in 1977, 44 years ago.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-05-2021)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

That's really, really dumb, Gardner. Millions died from smallpox, and in 1796 a vaccine was developed for it. 225 years ago. It was eradicated because we all got vaxxed. The last case of smallpox was in 1977, 44 years ago.
    That shows that even with concentrated effort, it took centuries to eradicate smallpox. How long will it take to end Fauci plague? Bet it won't be months. So, let's end the bullshit measures get back to living and deal with it.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

At some point, the imposition becomes so great that it fails and those it is imposed on stop doing what is demanded entirely when they can.
    Kick the bureaucrats to the curb, they're fucking idiots anyway.
    Exactly what has happened in Anchorage.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That shows that even with concentrated effort, it took centuries to eradicate smallpox. How long will it take to end Fauci plague? Bet it won't be months. So, let's end the bullshit measures get back to living and deal with it.
    Let's stop slitting our own throats.

The West really is Dying, the New Chinese Empire really is romping....we have existanal problems to deal with.....which are not being dealt with.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

She was. Her husband was not. He infected all the babysitter's clients.
    That is the greatest evidence in support of mandates which has been posted.

It is more than a convincing argument.

It is a real verifiable viable reason why we need mandates.

That entire infection line would likely not have occurred if the husband had been required to get vaccinated.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-05-2021)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Some people have no choice; they HAVE to shop when it's busy. They HAVE to send their kids to school. They HAVE to work in an office, plant, or other setting with other ppl around. Even if they are completely immunized, they can still possibly get sick from one of the stupids, like my kids did. They likely won't get *that* sick, and they likely will not die -- but they *will* miss time from work. Not everyone gets paid for being off sick for 10 days. Do you think it's fair for Sheldon Stupid to infect his whole office because he's an anti-vaxxing moron?
    Of course it is not fair. He has cost them money. It should not have occurred. It occurred because of his negligence. It would be a viable lawsuit.

Mandates would likely have prevented that.

Mandates save lives and could prevent costly lawsuits.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The way to learn to live with a pandemic is to use all of the tools available for staying safe and avoiding transmission of the disease.

You can't do good work without good tools.

Vaccines, masks, distancing, testing, quarantining, approved treatments and mandates are all good tools.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-05-2021)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 34 Posts

There seem to be two schools of thought on how to get through the pandemic.

A) Take it very seriously. Take proper precautions. Adjust lifestyle to protect oneself and others. Change plans. Avoid large groups. Listen to experts and authorities, heed their advice. Practice safe measures to try to eliminate transmission of the disease. Take the vaccine. Avoid sharing air by use of distancing and masks. ( Thanks to ThatOwlWoman: ) "If you come down with a respiratory illness, get tested and if positive, stay home till well again."

B) Call it all fake news. Blow off any advice from experts or authorities. Make up derogatory terms for the pandemic. Blame China. Claim no fear. Continue life as normal. Get an attitude of animosity towards experts, authorities, and others who are heeding government directives. Doubt the numbers and reports. Call it just the flu. Latch onto unverified fake treatments and prevention techniques. When others die, call them weak or claim they would have died anyway. Make fun of those who are following safety measures. Refuse the vaccine, but take credit for it if it helps your politics. Advocate for politicians to avoid taking any action to reduce deaths. Forge fake vaccine documentation if needed and try to lie your way past checkpoints. Claim that business/money is more important than lives.

I think that just about covers the two sides. Discuss?
    Prosecute the assholes that created the virus (along with variants) as well as the other assholes who patent the fake shit they try and pass off as a vaccine before other assholes even release the deadly virus to the fullest extent.
    Last edited by David Jeffrey Spetch; 12-05-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    We are in an endless duration of constant change where the only thing that doesn't change is that change occurs because energy, matter and time are always present

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is the greatest evidence in support of mandates which has been posted.

It is more than a convincing argument.

It is a real verifiable viable reason why we need mandates.

That entire infection line would likely not have occurred if the husband had been required to get vaccinated.
    Agree. We have better tools now than we did when this began, to treat a COVID infection and save lives. But that's not the point. The point is the damage that being out of work for 10-14 days can do to both a family's finances and to the nation's as a whole. Our economy runs on consumption of goods. How are consumers going to be able to spend if they've been out sick, and can barely pay their necessary bills?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-05-2021)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

The way to handle it was known at the beginning but of course the right wing lacks the education and the mental capacity to do it.
    The first step is to quarantine absolutely every single person.
    The second step is to use the war Powers act to make available masks and test kits on a massive scale.
    The third step is do testing on a massive scale and only allow negative tests out of their house.
    This was something that was known and understood from the very beginning.

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agree. We have better tools now than we did when this began, to treat a COVID infection and save lives. But that's not the point. The point is the damage that being out of work for 10-14 days can do to both a family's finances and to the nation's as a whole. Our economy runs on consumption of goods. How are consumers going to be able to spend if they've been out sick, and can barely pay their necessary bills?
    During the 2008 recession the Germans would not allow any companies to lay people off instead the government provided money to keep those people on the payroll so that when the economy returned they would be in a position to be productive.