Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: There is no doubt any more: the US supreme court is run by partisan hacks

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    21,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,581 Times in 4,731 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 555 Times in 525 Posts

    Default There is no doubt any more: the US supreme court is run by partisan hacks

    In mid-September, Clarence Thomas told a crowd of more than 800 students and faculty at Notre Dame University that the US supreme court should not be viewed in political terms, and that justices don’t base their rulings on “personal preferences”.

    But if not political or personal preferences, where exactly do they discover the law? Thomas never said. When asked whether the attorneys presenting oral arguments ever compel him to change his mind, Thomas said, “almost never”.

    In late September, the court’s newest member, Justice Amy Coney Barrett, told a crowd in Kentucky that supreme court justices are not a “bunch of partisan hacks”.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...partisan-hacks

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Moscow Mitch and FagBoy Lindsey sure spent a lot of time stacking the Court to get the desired outcome to 'Constitutional' questions.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    21,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,581 Times in 4,731 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 555 Times in 525 Posts

    Default Robert Reich on law school:

    I was in law school in 1973 when the supreme court decided Roe. Also in my class at the time was Clarence Thomas, along with Hillary Rodham and Bill Clinton.


    In those classroom discussions almost 50 years ago, Hillary’s hand was always first in the air. When she was called upon, she gave perfect answers – whole paragraphs, precisely phrased. She distinguished one case from another, using precedents and stare decisis to guide her thinking. I was awed.

    My hand was in the air about half the time, and when called on, my answers were meh.

    Clarence’s hand was never in the air. I don’t recall him saying anything, ever.

    Bill was never in class.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...partisan-hacks

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    domer76 (12-03-2021)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    21,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,581 Times in 4,731 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 555 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I was in law school in 1973 when the supreme court decided Roe. Also in my class at the time was Clarence Thomas, along with Hillary Rodham and Bill Clinton.


    In those classroom discussions almost 50 years ago, Hillary’s hand was always first in the air. When she was called upon, she gave perfect answers – whole paragraphs, precisely phrased. She distinguished one case from another, using precedents and stare decisis to guide her thinking. I was awed.

    My hand was in the air about half the time, and when called on, my answers were meh.

    Clarence’s hand was never in the air. I don’t recall him saying anything, ever.

    Bill was never in class.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...partisan-hacks


    Fucking hilarious! Hillary was a suck up. Thomas was bored. Bill Clinton never showed up!

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    34,713
    Thanks
    52,128
    Thanked 15,113 Times in 11,640 Posts
    Groans
    31,461
    Groaned 2,263 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Moscow Mitch and FagBoy Lindsey sure spent a lot of time stacking the Court to get the desired outcome to 'Constitutional' questions.
    Elections have consequences, Jack.

    If the Democrats had won in 2016, they would have stacked the court.

    You know this.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Into the Night (12-03-2021)

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Clarence Thomas. Is that where the term 'Uncle Tom' came from?

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Elections have consequences, Jack.

    If the Democrats had won in 2016, they would have stacked the court.

    You know this.


    Unlike Anatta, I don't have a Crystal Ball that tells the Future.

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Moscow Mitch and FagBoy Lindsey sure spent a lot of time stacking the Court to get the desired outcome to 'Constitutional' questions.
    The Supreme Court does not have authority to interpret or change the Constitution.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    Grokmaster (12-03-2021)

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The Supreme Court does not have authority to interpret or change the Constitution.


    (shaking head) Queers can get married now.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Grokmaster (12-03-2021)

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    23,889
    Thanks
    12,852
    Thanked 11,669 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    182
    Groaned 364 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    In mid-September, Clarence Thomas told a crowd of more than 800 students and faculty at Notre Dame University that the US supreme court should not be viewed in political terms, and that justices don’t base their rulings on “personal preferences”.

    But if not political or personal preferences, where exactly do they discover the law? Thomas never said. When asked whether the attorneys presenting oral arguments ever compel him to change his mind, Thomas said, “almost never”.

    In late September, the court’s newest member, Justice Amy Coney Barrett, told a crowd in Kentucky that supreme court justices are not a “bunch of partisan hacks”.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...partisan-hacks
    You mean like when the Roe v Wade decision was made...and busing allowed??


    HILARIOUS HOW LEFTISTS CRY WHEN THEY DON'T GET TO FORCE THEIR WAY ON EVERYONE...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14,868
    Thanks
    625
    Thanked 3,637 Times in 2,945 Posts
    Groans
    217
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Moscow Mitch and FagBoy Lindsey sure spent a lot of time stacking the Court to get the desired outcome to 'Constitutional' questions.
    What desired outcome did they get? So far they have given conservative opinions but not those desired by the right.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    What desired outcome did they get? So far they have given conservative opinions but not those desired by the right.
    Looks like the Court is leaning towards granting States the Right to Regulate 'Abortion'.

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    31,551
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15,092 Times in 9,628 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,564 Times in 2,390 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Looks like the Court is leaning towards granting States the Right to Regulate 'Abortion'.
    Which invalidates the law established in Roe and Casey, according to Bret at his hearings, any precedent set twice is law and should not be overturned

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    92,585
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Queers can get married now.
    Congratulations. Who's the lucky guy?

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    43,692
    Thanks
    15,760
    Thanked 11,972 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    447
    Groaned 2,413 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Which invalidates the law established in Roe and Casey, according to Bret at his hearings, any precedent set twice is law and should not be overturned
    Yeah. Well, that was then, and this is now.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2018, 07:20 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 03:35 PM
  4. Biggest Partisan Hacks Ever
    By Beefy in forum In Memoriam
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. Biggest Partisan Hacks Ever
    By Beefy in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •