Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Property taxes make you property of the Government?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    A subscription is not a choice. Don't pay it, and you don't get the service. If you don't buy a house, then you don't have to pay the subscription that funds the govt..
    Do you still drive the city roads?

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It is a choice. Unlike the tax where you get evicted, an unpaid subscription means you don't lose anything but rather just don't get the service.
    Correct. Don't pay your subscription, lose your house.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They do tax auctions here, also. It just usually takes them several years of not paying property taxes before they put the property up for auction. I'm not sure what the law says about the time requirements.

If you don't run for office you don't have an opponent who can use your unpaid taxes against you in the campaign.
    Each year your unpaid taxes go to the County and a tax warrant is filed. After the third year, the property goes up for auction. To avoid that, you can enter into an aggressive payment schedule, or pay in full. Ironically, it's the third year that causes the legal action, but you can't just pay that. You must start at year one.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    not sure why you believe it's difficult to understand grosskreutz admitting that rittenhouse didn't shoot him until he pointed his handgun at him, but hey.............your curve failed
    Not what he said

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you still drive the city roads?
    There are no city roads here. If you are suggesting that services need to be funded by people other than property owners, we agree. Unfortunately, the bigger issues arise when religious organizations take millions of dollars worth of property off of the tax rolls.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,758 Times in 4,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

There are no city roads here. If you are suggesting that services need to be funded by people other than property owners, we agree. Unfortunately, the bigger issues arise when religious organizations take millions of dollars worth of property off of the tax rolls.
    We do pay a federal and state sales tax on gasoline that funds roads. I assume you have county roads which usually comes from property taxes (and some sales taxes). So, others do help fund services other than just property owners. My school property tax is my highest amount and I don't have a city property tax.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We do pay a federal and state sales tax on gasoline that funds roads. I assume you have county roads which usually comes from property taxes (and some sales taxes). So, others do help fund services other than just property owners. My school property tax is my highest amount and I don't have a city property tax.
    Generally, city property taxes are fairly iow because many homes in cities have very little property. At least NYC is that way.

Still, building/patching roads is just one expense. It takes hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for snow maintenance. Property taxes pay for town/county roads. Just yesterday I was listening to a local legislator discuss roads. I believe he cited $1,000,000 for 4 miles of paving when roads are being repaired. Around here, the roads are always in the best shape just before a local election.

Go figure

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Not what he said
    exactly what he said, unless you have testimonial evidence that says otherwise???????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Sales taxes mean the store owns you.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    exactly what he said, unless you have testimonial evidence that says otherwise???????
    I've already corrected you in the appropriate thread. You can keep sniffing my ass, or you can just admit that you're the dumbest member on this board.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I've already corrected you in the appropriate thread. You can keep sniffing my ass, or you can just admit that you're the dumbest member on this board.
    this is what you saw, isn't it

A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.